Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,176 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon (8953 Views)

Novak Djokovic To Face Andy Murray In Australian Open Final / Nadal Beats Djokovic To Win Usopen / Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by 50calibre(m): 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
Abeg, go sit down. I'm sure is BT internet that you're using to browse that's why you can run your mouth. If anything, it's the Scottish and the welsh that have even tried to redeem the image of Britain. All you English people do is to boast when you have absolutely nothing to offer. If not for Britain, i won't have anything against the Scots, Welsh and Irish.

Can you tell me what your beef with Britain is? I have my own personal grievances with Britain, some of which includes their foreign policies and their subservience to America, but I don't take it this personal.
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by cap28: 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2013
I believe the match was fixed to allow murray to win why did all the great players like federer and nadal fall so early ? Answer to make way for a murray win wimbledon is fixed

1 Like

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2013
50calibre:
Yeah it's going to be fu*ked up, but as things stands, I don't think their people will vote to leave.

Yeah Scott's have discipline and strong work ethic, just look at the premier league but they are too proud and corky, they take too much pride in being Scottish.

But who doesn't take pride in their identity? Especially when you always have to play 2nd-fiddle to certain people?

I can't call the referendum for now, but it seems there is an increase in Scottish nationalism because of the Tories. So who knows how that's going to end up. I can't call it.
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
Federer was well beaten.

And Nadal lost because that was his first game on grass this year.
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
And it'll be well deserved.... cool
jon_zy: Next in line for knighthood.....

First to comment tho.....
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by solomon111(m): 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2013
When will a Nigerian win a wimbledon?
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by cap28: 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2013
Take it from me shym wimbledon is fixed google a croatian guy by the name of ivo karlovic. And his experiencces playing murray at last years wimbledon
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2013
solomon111: When will a Nigerian win a wimbledon?
WHEN PIGS FLY

1 Like

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by tete7000(m): 7:16pm On Jul 07, 2013
Congrats to this man. This is a product of hardwork and resilience
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by cap28: 7:18pm On Jul 07, 2013
The british were desperate for a brtish win and I believe all the major threats ie federer nadal even tsonga were paid to throw the match evn serenas loss looks very suspicious
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by PStacks(m): 7:18pm On Jul 07, 2013
No disrespect tho! Murray is equally very good!

But the whole spectators were more or less Brits. Murray had that home fans advantage as compared to Djokovic..

77 years is a lot when u know u're in front of home fans.
I think that home advantage counted a lot too from him cos djokovic too is my man.

That home advantage is what brazil too rode on in the just concluded conferderations cup.
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2013
grin grin grin cool
gerald09: Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ no go hear word for d next month.
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2013
cap28: Take it from me shym wimbledon is fixed google a croatian guy by the name of ivo karlovic. And his experiencces playing murray at last years wimbledon

Bro, Karlovic is a bum. Him and Isner should never be allowed to play tennis - they just have massive service game and nothing else.

Yes, the refs are biased sometimes, however it feels great to see people like Karlovic at the receiving end.

Can we also call US Open and Australian Open fixed as well because of what the refs and organisers did to the Williams sisters in the past?

How about the French Open and their refusal to add the hawk eye to the competition?

How about the gamesmanship of Sharapova and Azarenka?

It's all part of the sport, bro. Not taking sides - I'm just speaking the truth.
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 07, 2013
solomon111: When will a Nigerian win a wimbledon?

Do Nigerians play tennis? grin

Well, I once played a naija guy at Burgess park. And apparently, he said he plays for Nigeria. I had to laugh out loud because he was rubbish. grin grin
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by solomon111(m): 7:24pm On Jul 07, 2013
obadiah777: WHEN PIGS FLY
if brits can win a wimbledon,then Nigerians can.
We just need to show more interest and invest in talents.
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by cap28: 7:26pm On Jul 07, 2013
Murray is not in the same league as federer nadal or tsonga that's why those players were paid to fall out of the game evrythng abt the british is based on lies and deception

1 Like

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
Yes, Tsonga has the game to beat Murray but he's to mistake prone and indecisive with his shot-selection.

Federer is old - Murray will beat him everyday of the week right now.

Only Nadal, Del Potro, and probably Djokovic are maybe better than Andy.
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by PStacks(m): 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2013
shymexx: That's what's up, my Scottish brother.

The UK got the juice now, thanks to Andy.

Proud of you!!

So y did you have to make yourself feel so good by reminding us he's ur scottish brother? Why are u not at the Wimbledon ground with ur scottish brother?
So awa Nigerians ah kin se eniyan niyen..
So we Nigerians are not humans abi?

So what happens to us that don't have a scottish brother.
Mr scottish brother on a Nigerian platform.
I'm sure people like u have never even been to the UK B4 mtcheeeww.
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by solomon111(m): 7:33pm On Jul 07, 2013
shymexx:

Do Nigerians play tennis? grin

Well, I once played a naija guy at Burgess park. And apparently, he said he plays for Nigeria. I had to laugh out loud because he was rubbish. grin grin
There are talented Nigerians.atleast i've seen a few.
There is just no proper structure for them to thrive.
The NSC should be looking into this.
Tennis has the power to launder the image of a country enormously.
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by cap28: 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2013
Shym go back and look at how djokovic was playing in the second set and llok at how murray was playing look at how djokovic was gettng ready to thrash the hell out of murray but suddenly the momenntum changed and murray began to gain the upper hand with much difficulty - a similar thing happened to fedrer last year wen playing murray federer totted up an unbelievble 30 unforced ererors in tht game it was so obvoouis tht he was deliberately tring to let murray win but evn wth federer deliberate faults bmurray was still struggling - bro the game is fixed they fixd it for him to win the olympics and threyve fxd it again murray does noty hve wat it takes to beat the picasso of mens tennis aka federer and fedrer is far frm old he is only 31 yrs old sorry if this is full of errrs am typing. On my fone
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
cap28: Shym go back and look at how djokovic was playing in the second set and llok at how murray was playing look at how djokovic was gettng ready to thrash the hell out of murray but suddenly the momenntum changed and murray began to gain the upper hand with much difficulty - a similar thing happened to fedrer last year wen playing murray federer totted up an unbelievble 30 unforced ererors in tht game it was so obvoouis tht he was deliberately tring to let murray win but evn wth federer deliberate faults bmurray was still struggling - bro the game is fixed they fixd it for him to win the olympics and threyve fxd it again murray does noty hve wat it takes to beat the picasso of mens tennis aka federer and fedrer is far frm old he is only 31 yrs old sorry if this is full of errrs am typing. On my fone

Bruv, I can also cite the game between Federer and Tommy Haas at last year's wimbledon(or two years ago). Federer was 2 sets down, however he won the last 3 sets miraculously. How about Federer vs. Andy Roddick at the 2009 Wimbledon finals. The match was Roddick's game to lose, but Federer miraculously won it. Were those games fixed as well?

Del Potro also had the upperhand again Djoko at 1/1 on Friday, but Djoko powered through to win the 3rd set.

That's how tennis is - the momentum shift is what makes the game interesting.
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by rhames(m): 8:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
British Wimbledon curse lifted at last.
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by cap28: 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2013
The british cn nvr win wimbledn legitimately because they kept the pple wth real talent out -the poor and made it acccessible to the middle and uppr classes only this is why their last win was 77 yrs ago
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Orikinla(m): 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
I am happy for him!
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 07, 2013
Who scored the first goal for England?
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by cap28: 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2013
Shym if u were djokovich and they offrd u ten million dollrs. To throw the match plus endorsements wldnt u thrw the match?

1 Like

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by elampiro(m): 8:49pm On Jul 07, 2013
When this guy won US open last year, they said it was a fluke. I said no, he was gonna rise becuase he played well. Look at it now.
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Afam4eva(m): 8:52pm On Jul 07, 2013
cap28: Shym if u were djokovich and they offrd u ten million dollrs. To throw the match plus endorsements wldnt u thrw the match?
Lol grin I thought about this too. These British people can go to any length to achieve their aim. If you go to Guardian UK, Sky News and BBC now, you will see giant banners of Murray. These guys have no shame in their game. I wonder why Switzerland has not been making noise since Federer has been winning grand slam to grand slam. Same with Spain, US etc. Only losers celebrate like this. Tony Blair dey craze.
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Olaone1: 9:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
Congratulations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Segun Toriola Wins Commonwealth Games Quarter-final Match / Newcastle Appoints Steve Bruce As New Manager / Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.