Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt (10595 Views)

Photos: Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea / Photo-Journalist May Have Captured His Own Death On Camera In Egypt / 51 Killed And 322 Injured As Military Goes On The Offensive In Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by Malawian(m): 9:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
misterh: Seems the Egyptians are in for hell. Why the hell will the army shoot at protesters? This is just sad and unfortunate. Will Egypt get outta this mess? Only time'll tell. sad
when their pilots including the female ones were shooting at igbo villagers nko? abeg find where to shed your crocodile tears o.

1 Like

Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by elampiro(m): 10:02pm On Jul 08, 2013
Don karizma: Egyptians problem is not an internal affair,i see a lot of unseen and external influence at work.

You are correct.
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by Feedmemore(f): 10:19pm On Jul 08, 2013
It's a typical ploy that extremists have been using over and over again. They send innocent, gullible uneducated youth to instigate confrontations and let their blood spilled to create headlines and whip up anger.

The military has no choice but to use force to avoid their compound being over run and their weapons taken.
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 08, 2013
When you here the name of islamist what come to ur mind? Does it mean terrorist or heartless suicide bomber or does it mean jihadist,? I was watching aljazera news about a video showing one of the protester shooting gun from the crowd but the news said they are islamist. So why are they called islamist...?
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by shamson: 10:44pm On Jul 08, 2013
rafhell: If only some die hard mostri Muslim supporters will learn to separate religion from politics.
Hope APC is learning.
yeah APC and Nigerians in general are learning faster and I think we need to learn more faster before the slowpokes in PDP and slowpoke president use religion sentiment to send majority of the youths and the economy to the grave.I just pass through Otta in Ogun state and I see wonders that OBJ and Gbenga Daniel could not perform in 12 years both from PDP
in fact to generality of people that lives in Otta, PDP is a big time failure, reason why they lost everything in that state.
Also, the people of the state of the OSUN, are currently enjoy transformation under Ogbeni but the PDP will not stop to use their crude tactics of divide and rule.Some few month ago, the chairman of CAN in that state alleged that the Governor want to islamize Osun simply because the man is a muslim.And now, the same kind of propaganda in about to be employ in Lagos.
One just wonder why Jona and his clan are leading this country, sometimes ask myself if Governor Amachi of Rivers and Silver former Governor of Bayelsa are muslim or from APC......

1 Like

Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by babslamin: 10:46pm On Jul 08, 2013
peppy luv: angry angry Shame on u muslims,always blaming USA and Isreal for ur blood sucking life style that is clearly written and accepted in ur unholy book!!
They are also responsible for bokoharam and sent u pple to kill innocent pple in churches and peaceful kids in school abi?? Kill ursefs!! U will all rot in hell with lucifer!
Ignorant bigot, I wonder how you feel when talking out your trash. Evil has no religion. I hope you're practicing your faith whole heartedly. God help us all
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by Abuklaw(m): 11:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
Okoro2015:
I hope APC supporters are taking the vital lessons. 2015 is near. A predominantly muslim country rejecting an extremist inclined muslim brotherhood which some comedians are trying to force upon Nigeria - a predominantly Christian Country?
u're still a learner, how dare you conclude that Nigeria is a predominantly xtian country.
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by babslamin: 11:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
Feed me more: It's a typical ploy that extremists have been using over and over again. They send innocent, gullible uneducated youth to instigate confrontations and let their blood spilled to create headlines and whip up anger.

The military has no choice but to use force to avoid their compound being over run and their weapons taken.
If the Egyptian President couldn't find his bearing & the opposition raised alarm, is it an indication of inviting the army? If Egyptians could overthrow Husni Mubarak without the military, why should the military be involved in overthrowing an elected President? Morsi got 51.7% of Egyptian votes or over ½ of Egyptian voters. If the Egyptian military couldn't move away from politics, it should form a military party. Otherwise, it should remain at its duty posts. Military did the greatest mistake doing that coup. Then they installed El-baradei(presidental aspirant) as interim Prime minister. It just like doing coup to Goodluck & put Buhari incharge. It just another Egyptian setback or the setback in Egypt. Pharaoh must be angry!
Painful truth; "A year from now, the..youth who celebrated & danced when Morsi was overthrown may well find themselves in the cell next door to the [MB]"
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by Caleboha(m): 11:27pm On Jul 08, 2013
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by Caleboha(m): 11:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
BetaThings:

As soon as some thing happens in a muslim country, you guys instinctively think of Islam
Before the Confederation cup and during there were violent protests in Brazil
Did you mention Christianity? In a country with that huge "Christ the Redemptor statute?"
When did Liberia, Sierra Leone and Cote d'Ivoire emerge from their crises
And Congo DR?
have you ever considered that in Mexico, a country with over 80% christians, criminals are running police/govt out of town?
And yes in Nigeria, when Johnathan sent soldiers to break your subsidy protest in 2012, what did you do?
You guys ran away! What would have happened if you have been unNigerian and stood your ground?
What religion would you have mentioned?
Log, mole!
. Allahu akbar is the word on the lip of every fanatical muslim once he feels passionate about a cause. Often times an intense show of aggression follows, massacre and blood bath. This justifiably gives Islam a violent colouration! If the protesters in Brazil, rebels in DRC, Liberia, or Sierra Leone went about screaming In JESUS name as they carried on their nefarious acts your point will be valid

7 Likes

Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by self10188: 11:31pm On Jul 08, 2013
That's Loud
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by adepojuot: 11:34pm On Jul 08, 2013
Muslims brotherhood in Egypt did not die in vail,72 virgins is await them in heaven,Islam is indeed religion of peace. I can see peace in the middle east and Muslims African countries. hissssssss.
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:42pm On Jul 08, 2013
The Land of the Pharaohs is disintegrating. Only divine intervention from the Gods can save those people.
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by naijaforlife: 12:31am On Jul 09, 2013
@Caleboa
why not just read over what @Beta Things typed once again and try to make the best sense possible out of the logical piece. At least for once, let the Boko haram not find justification that western education is in deed very bad as portrayed by your comments which to me lacks depth. No offence is intended.
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by Ayatullah(m): 12:37am On Jul 09, 2013
Orikinla: Is Islam still the religion of peace?

YES, YES, and YES...................IT WILL FOREVER BE.

Violence begets violence.
NOW YOU ARE TALKING.................THE EGYPTIAN MILITARY HAS MURDERED SLEEP.

Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:34am On Jul 09, 2013
One of the problems the Egyptians have is that they know what they don't want, but they don't know what they want.
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:49am On Jul 09, 2013
Caleboha: . Allahu akbar is the word on the lip of every fanatical muslim once he feels passionate about a cause. Often times an intense show of aggression follows, massacre and blood bath. This justifiably gives Islam a violent colouration! If the protesters in Brazil, rebels in DRC, Liberia, or Sierra Leone went about screaming In JESUS name as they carried on their nefarious acts your point will be valid
Please tell him
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by xakjustice(m): 4:28am On Jul 09, 2013
[b][/b]
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by PStacks(m): 6:31am On Jul 09, 2013
There is always a price to be paid.
To enjoy Gains, u must endure pains.

A pregnant mum must endure the pains of labour to give birth to that bouncing baby boy we all want to c.

Its difficult for the egyptians today, but It would be more than sweet for them tommorow
I can assure you that after this, people will be more civilised and have much more respect for each other and Egypt would be a better place for it.
Sacrifices has to be made, people must stand for what they believe in.
Yes Morsi was elected thru the ballot box, but he didn't tell the people he would create another constitution when he resumes office.
Yes egypt is in a precarious situation, but I can tell your categorically that after the storm comes calm. After the night comes morning,
Darkness may endure thru the night but there's definitely gon b joy in the morning. People are making sacrifices today so that un-born generations would reap the reward tomorow.

Don't get me wrong! I don't support violence and would never stand for it, but when u get pushed to the Wall, there would be no other place u can be pushed any longer other than to bounce out.

Egyptians can't fight a dictator only to have another dictator. Honestly, its dicey and I'm confused about this one, I don't want to be seen as encouraging violence but I think its d best course of action..

Its just like Boko haram holding the whole nigeria to ransom and say, no western education and Nigerai must become a muslim country. That is a goose chase and a wild dream at that..
That would have to be subjected to a referendum, opinion polls would have to be conducted, and when d majority says No to Boko Haram and Minority want to super impose their will on majority, then the evitable becomes inevitable.

Nobdy wants to die, I don't want to die too. I Don't like war either , but sincerely, if its time for War, its Time for war.. Nigerians must declare war on Boko Haram.

Whatever their ideology, who ever can wake up and go to open fire on Innocent children in boarding school and bomb their school is sick in the head, and such bastards are never to live in a decent society where people live. They should be in a zoo or somewhere.

Oh! Dear egypt, bear the pains today, for the gains that await you tomorow is nothing close to the pains u bear today unlike some other country that would live with their pains forever without no gains.

(Pls not, I'm not a religious fanatic, I condem any practice that is wrong in Islam and I condemn anything I perceive wrong in Christianity, I believe Islam is a Noble and peacefull religion, I respect descent muslims and Christians but av choosen to look from outside their perspectives, I am not an Atheist, I believe there is a GOD out there who is mightier and Bigger than Man and would never require the services of Man to kill in the name of God or kill for God) Nigeria is a country filled with churches and Mosques and we are yet backward and very religious but religiously intolerant.. Its either some people are lying to us in the name of Religion or we read the bible and quran upside down..
But in the mean while, I'm a strong advocate of Abolishing religion so peace can reign.

If religion is abolished, I want to see a reson why someone would open fire on innocent women and children other than in the name of Religion or in the guise of killing for god.
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by cosify: 6:39am On Jul 09, 2013
Protesting in a junta is dicey and may b misinterpreted as insurrection which can lead to random shootings and wanton killings.May be d military should have teargased d protesters away. That aside,i think d military should not have taken over in d first place. Even though Mohammed Morsi gave Egyptians more rhetorics than solutions to their problems; staffed his cabinet and bureaucracy with sectarian loyalists rather than competent technocrats;even though millions of Egyptians are out of job or underpaid as are all d case,he should hav been forced to resign or impeached as an elected president.The era of military intervention in African politics is over because it is an abberation.Those men in khaki should not overstep their bounds of constitutional decency.
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by true2god: 6:47am On Jul 09, 2013
Caleboha: . Allahu akbar is the word on the lip of every fanatical muslim once he feels passionate about a cause. Often times an intense show of aggression follows, massacre and blood bath. This justifiably gives Islam a violent colouration! If the protesters in Brazil, rebels in DRC, Liberia, or Sierra Leone went about screaming In JESUS name as they carried on their nefarious acts your point will be valid
I dey feel u.
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by sanandreas(m): 7:09am On Jul 09, 2013
Maybe one day u will understand. You only need the light when it is burning low
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by gameboy727(m): 9:35am On Jul 09, 2013
Poor Egypt. Look what thy hath done to thyself
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by saolab: 12:05pm On Jul 09, 2013
Where did you get your christians population figure that gave you clue that Nigeria is predominanly christians country?. Okoro, stop hallucinating
Okoro2015:
I hope APC supporters are taking the vital lessons. 2015 is near. A predominantly muslim country rejecting an extremist inclined muslim brotherhood which some comedians are trying to force upon Nigeria - a predominantly Christian Country?
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by delegiwa(m): 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
Caleboha: Years ago Mr Alsadat supervised a military parade along side his loyal deputy Mubarak. He had just signed the Camp David accord- a peace treaty with Israel after suffering an incredulous defeat in the 1972 war. Extremist, loyalists of the muslim brotherhood in the army fell off the parade and killed Alsadat in cold blood! Mubarak escaped by d whiskers- his escape will be the greatest undoing of the renegade soldiers and their sponsors for when Mubarak had found his feet again he executed the culprits, retired every soul in the military with extremist tendencies and spent 38 years after showing Egypt what it felt like to be off d hooks of fanatism and to live in peace with the west and the world. Muslim brotherhood got back in the fight, Mubarak fell. Its been nearly 2 years since he left the scene of power but his shadow still trails the everyday life of Egypt! cool

Pally, U are the man that has the grasp of what's happening in Egypt! I like your analysis jare!
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by delegiwa(m): 1:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
A predominantly moslem country but opposed to strict islamic rule...
A democratically elected Head of State whose policies leans towards islamic rule...
A very politically active populace(75% of them are youths) and not afraid to show it...
A highly organised, powerful and pro-secular state military...
A political party bent on islamising Egypt...
A recipe for disaster...

1 Like

Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by Caleboha(m): 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
delegiwa: A predominantly moslem country but opposed to strict islamic rule...
A democratically elected Head of State whose policies leans towards islamic rule...
A very politically active populace(75% of them are youths) and not afraid to show it...
A highly organised, powerful and pro-secular state military...
A political party bent on islamising Egypt...
A recipe for disaster...

Thanks for the complements! Your nuggets here provide an exquisite summary, very masterly....its in my note already
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2013
Muslims are used to violence, they'll get on fine.
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by yemmyyy(m): 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2013
The Egyptian military goofed big time.During the last election, the oppositions were divided and Morsi won the election. They could have put their house in order and conducted the revolution by winning the majority of the votes. i dont support the extremist nature of morsi but he was elected by the vast majority of the people. The military should have provided an atmosphere for dialogue or a constitution review than taking a democratically elected president as hostage. They shall account for the blood of every Innocent they have shed.
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by vedaxcool(m): 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
Re: 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt by tpia5: 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2013
^you're supposed to be fasting, leave politics for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts / Social Media Bill: UK To Set New Regulations For Social Media Companies / Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.