Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. (14787 Views)

If You Need Job Immediately, Check Out These Advertised Positions... / Available Accounting Job Immediately / 7 Reasons Why You Should Quit Your Job Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by donMecuzy: 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
Broda na. GOD oooooooooooooooooooooooooh

1 Like

Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 09, 2013
Policewoman: JOIN THE POLICE FORCE.
police woman plz i need more info concernin police force. When wil d closing date be due?
Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by zoeiyke: 3:36pm On Jul 09, 2013
And must u insult sm1 jst 2 mak ur point *busy body*
Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by sureway1(m): 3:50pm On Jul 09, 2013
Continue in ur quest of looking for job...
at the end your younger ones who use their talent and become creative will employ you...
use ur brain..
you can be a manager..

1 Like

Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by kixo(m): 5:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
Please house, I am a Batch A '13 corper, I have applied for three jobs and they replied that I should come for aptitude test/interview, but I was told specifically to come with my NYSC discharge letter.
Is there any hope for me to still attend without submitting the NYSC discharge letter?
Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by oddy4real(m): 5:13pm On Jul 09, 2013
kixo: Please house, I am a Batch A '13 corper, I have applied for three jobs and they replied that I should come for aptitude test/interview, but I was told specifically to come with my NYSC discharge letter.
Is there any hope for me to still attend without submitting the NYSC discharge letter?

send them a mail to indicate that you are still serving
Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by oddy4real(m): 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
Mintayo:

pls which is the best sites for job-seekers!
i dont know . i am Lawyer and i dont rely on Job sites. i however believe that the Nairaland Job Scetion is the best jon=b site you can think of
Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by ojesoj(m): 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2013
carry a placard indicating on it i need a job to your state house of assemble or if you are in abuja go to the national assemble, for real disturb this men each time they are walking into their office, they would eventually give up and fix you up. do what you have never did b4 to get what you want
Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by iaustineo7(m): 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2013
Brother my advice,
1.Start applying like 6months before your POP,APPLY APPLY & APPLY.. grin
2.Pray to God
3.Contact people....friends,relatives etc....because connection follow.
4.Gather the Basic certifications in your field.
5.Improve on your soft skills,be ready to sell yourself...
My Experience
I was a Batch B 2012 corper that just passed out in June...I started applying since November last year,i wrote several Aptitude Tests and went for interviews.I had to learn from the experiences of all the tests n interviews i had .I finally got one smiley( Thank God!!!). Just this morning i got two mails from companies i applied to months ago. All the above listed worked or me o.Like someone said,it MAY not work you but i think there are some positives to take from what i've said.

All the best bro! E no easy

1 Like

Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by Zakkyoz: 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2013
Policewoman: JOIN THE POLICE FORCE.
GOD FORBID. I can't even advise my enemy to join the police.

1 Like

Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by Anuoluwap(m): 10:30pm On Jul 09, 2013
Polchiz: It is no longer news that Nigerian graduates find it difficult to get a good job after NYSC regardless of their class of degrees.
Experience as they say is the best teacher.
For those that have passed through this stage and are now working, what pieces of advice do you have for corp members who desire to get job as soon as they complete their service year.
I can do anything that is lawful to achieve this.
Thank you for your time.
My bro, To have faith in God comes first. My second advice for you is to apply for Nairacareer job updates, I get Tens of job vacancy updates in a week via email. So try join NairaCareer and subscribe to email updates.

1 Like

Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by lacasa: 1:15am On Jul 10, 2013
Nigerians sha!
Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by lacasa: 1:15am On Jul 10, 2013
Nigerians sha!

if its a govt (federal) service job, - don't bother going 4 interview if ur leg no strong.

if its a khaki job, its 70% long-leg, 30% for the masses

if its a private sector job, its easier 2get than ( a and b) but frustration and lack of job satisfaction and welfare go drive u out earlier than u know.

(Hard cold reality 4u op)

1 Like

Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by GboyegaD(m): 7:12am On Jul 10, 2013
Polchiz: It is no longer news that Nigerian graduates find it difficult to get a good job after NYSC regardless of their class of degrees.
Experience as they say is the best teacher.
For those that have passed through this stage and are now working, what pieces of advice do you have for corp members who desire to get job as soon as they complete their service year.
I can do anything that is lawful to achieve this.
Thank you for your time.

Nice one. I think another challenge I have is that some people are lazy. I have spoken to a number of people I know who are done with service year and all I keep hearing is that they don't have the right connections. One even told me that all he is interested in was how I would fix him up and I was like do I own a company of my own?

However, in my opinion, the best way to go about it is believing that you would get a job and drop your resumes to as many firms as you can both physically and electronically.
Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by oddy4real(m): 9:07am On Jul 10, 2013
GboyegaD:

Nice one. I think another challenge I have is that some people are lazy. I have spoken to a number of people I know who are done with service year and all I keep hearing is that they don't have the right connections. One even told me that all he is interested in was how I would fix him up and I was like do I own a company of my own?

However, in my opinion, the best way to go about it is believing that you would get a job and drop your resumes to as many firms as you can both physically and electronically.
You are right OP. let me give you my own experience.
My father is a Lawyer and by God's grace, i am one too. he secured a Job for me in one of Nigeria's biggest Law firms in Victoria Island, Lagos. Those ones asked me to come and resume after service. Still on still, i started applying for jobs in other Law firms since around March. He was first of all angry as he saw it as some kind of affront. Later on, his anger developed into pride. he saw how emotional i got about this job search, how i cried after i failed 2 tests into some major Lw firms, hiw estatic i was when i passed the 3rd test, how 'sick' i became when i attended the 3rd firm's interview and they did not get back to me in good time.
The thing is, one should never allow his kernels to be cracked by other people. whatever you get through a tinge of your hardwork is something you woild always be proud of. i applied in the Law firm popsy got for me. if i am going to wrk there, i want to pass through the recruitment process like every other person. I would not want someone telling me stories later that "Shebi his father got him the job".
As for our present youth corpers, their lack of focus appalls me. I spoke to one a week before her passing out and SHE HAD NOT EVEN DRAFTED HER C.V. She told me she had no plans for life after NYSC. Many people end up blaming GEJ for 'lack of employment' because they failed to act when others acted.

HEAVEN HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES

1 Like

Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by infonirt: 9:35am On Jul 10, 2013
double3: I'll advice u to think towards being ur own boss,cos th truth z that there are thousands of people like u that would be passing out so th chances of getting a job without knowing somebody in higher places is limited.
So wht I'm I saying?;think towards starting sumthang of ur own. Wish u luck man

Thanks a lot for that point. Its better to start realizing that now and get ready. or else you would be frustrated.
Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by anaying419: 9:59am On Jul 10, 2013
Your parents need to be connected before u graduate.
Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by oddy4real(m): 10:02am On Jul 10, 2013
anaying419: Your parents need to be connected before u graduate.
how so?
Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by buchistars: 10:24am On Jul 10, 2013
Please there are schemes by private organization to help software developers who are interested in being part of big Projects in Telecommunication industry. Kindly send your CV to info@echionetwork.com

A good place to start

1 Like

Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by chukyjones(m): 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2013
what must i do to not need a job immediately after Service.?
hows that?
Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by orgasticdance: 12:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
GboyegaD:

Drop ur resumes were..lol? This economy isn't even churning nearly a fraction of the jobs its young hardworking graduates need. If every graduate in the market simply took ur advice only 5% would still be recruited. That's why people are leaving in droves to explore other options. The point u make about people being lazy is tru to a point, but it's not always true. Ok lets say i have a first class degree in statistics and the only places for me to get a job is secondary schools. im entitled to being discouraged and even venting my frustration, does that make me lazy, i dont think so; if im smart i'd do great eventually, but in a society were things work i'll be spoilt with options right out of college...
Re: What Must I Do To Get A Job Immediately After Service. by Feb4th(m): 10:47pm On Sep 17, 2020
please i need someone that has in-depth knowledge of the nigerian military preferrably serving airforce personnel to help me out.
I 23yrs old. I hold a diploma in civil engineering and i am in my final yearin the university studying civil engineering.
I applied for the NAF BMTC 2020 with my ND as a tradesman. please I want to know if I can use my degree after joining NAF as an NCO for commissioning in the Airforce, and also how quickly possible that can be. Thanks for helping out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Faan Interview 18th March, 2015 / Are Pruvia Real? / Secure Your Job With These Habits.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.