Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme (14823 Views)

Visa Application Into Usa,please Guys Does This Sound Real Or Fake? / Application Into Moat Academy With Opportunity For Paid Software Dev Positions / Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by maximunimpact(m): 11:42am On Jun 28, 2016
Bank of Industry – The Youth Entrepreneurship Support (YES) programme is an ambitious programme by the Bank of Industry (BOI) aimed at addressing youth unemployment in Nigeria which is currently over 50%. According to a 2013 survey by the Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research (NISER), most of the capacity building programmes aimed at addressing youth unemployment, have concentrated more on training without any tie-in to the provision of small business loans, which is a critical success factor to the establishment of small businesses. In addition, they hardly take care of the entire training value chain in terms of Entrepreneurship, Business Management and Technical Skills.

Bank of Industry’s N10 Billion Youth Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Programme

Components of the YES Programme
The YES-Programme comprises the following:

Eight (cool weeks extensive online Entrepreneurship and Business Management training which has the ability to test participants’ understanding and track their progress.
Five (5) days in-class Entrepreneurship and Business Management training (5 modules).
Technical skills training in partnership with the various technical training and vocational institutes in the country.
Financing the businesses by BOI under its SME Cluster initiative in consonance with the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa’s Commodity-based Industrialisation Strategy.
Successful Applicants will be trained in the following areas:

Entrepreneurship
Business Management
Technical Skills
Programme Objectives
The YES-Programme has the following broad objectives:

To create an interactive learning platform to train young aspiring entrepreneurs in Entrepreneurship, Business Management and Technical Skills that will ultimately translate into improved efficiency and productivity.
To kindle the entrepreneurial spirit of the youths.
To act as an incubation center where business ideas are nurtured to their full potential as well as entrenching global best practices by inculcating a culture of innovation-driven entrepreneurship and ethics in the programme participants.
Promotion of self-employment among graduates of institutions of higher learning, thereby changing their job-seeking mindset.
To deepen financial inclusion by de-risking the young aspiring entrepreneurs and making them eligible for small business loans to be provided by BOI.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible for the Competition you must satisfy the following criteria:

The applicant must be a Nigerian.
Must have a viable business idea within the 40 identified clusters that is operated, or will operate in Nigeria.
Must be within the age limits of 18 and 35. (proof of identity: International passport/Drivers License/National ID/Voters card required).
Must possess a minimum educational qualification of Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
Applicant must be able to carry out the application process online.
Application Closing Date
17th July, 2016.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click Here http://onlineregportal.com/YesProgramme/Home to Start Application

Procedures to Complete Application
Step 1 – Check Your Eligibility
Check that you are qualified to apply. See the section “Who can apply?” above.

Step 2 – Register
Click the link above to register if you have not already done so
You will receive a confirmation email from YES Programme with all the details you will need to log in.

Step 3 – Complete Application
Once you have successfully registered, log in and click the “Start Application” button on the Start Application Tab on this page. To return to your application, click the “save and continue” button and come back to it at any time. Once you are done with your application, click on the “Submit” button at the end of the form to send it to us. You can submit only ONE application per “application cycle” (typically 3-4 months).

Step 4 – Keep Informed
After the closing date you will be notified if you have been shortlisted for the next stage of the competition. Constantly check the YES Programme homepage for regular updates.

Note: Applicants who applied for the first round but were not successful are encouraged to improve on their submissions and re-apply.

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/06/28/boi-begins-2nd-round-application-into-yes-programme/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by Chidex2442(m): 6:57am On Jun 30, 2016
Wow.....
This is really interesting . the country really needs entrepreneurship for its citizen than just putting money in the hands of people the makes the naira useless useless
#ftc ....... I really worked hard for this
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by yemajiteru(m): 6:57am On Jun 30, 2016
Ok
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by izzou(m): 6:57am On Jun 30, 2016
Its not fair naa

I have tried so much to be FTC

I dont know what to do again

Seun
Lalasticlala

Please help

I wont give up

NEVER

BTW i don register sha. My busisnes idea was a masquerade group so dem go answer me sharpaly

5 Likes

Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by ReduceWeight(m): 6:57am On Jun 30, 2016
Nice one!
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by techmart(m): 6:58am On Jun 30, 2016
lovely
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by Cherishing(f): 6:58am On Jun 30, 2016
Kudos but that dude above the two above me sha

U de give out mb to watch am

Mod just negonu nu d guy way
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by Olukokosir(m): 7:01am On Jun 30, 2016
yemajiteru:
Ok

Na jst "ok" u go post
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by whitejulius81: 7:05am On Jun 30, 2016
10 billion youth?.... OK ooo
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 30, 2016
Good move by BOI
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by Agimor(m): 7:06am On Jun 30, 2016
Where is Barcanister self the Chief Wailer,hope you've applied oh grin
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by Spells(m): 7:10am On Jun 30, 2016
BOI I know say corruption must follow, cos even dose attending to the application will act base on familiarity....

1 Like

Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by obembet(f): 7:14am On Jun 30, 2016
I paid from that money ooo... useless people
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 30, 2016
This is not for the poor...
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by hotmolo(m): 7:20am On Jun 30, 2016
another laudable gej project... when will zombies finally apologize to this good man

2 Likes

Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by KnowMore: 7:22am On Jun 30, 2016
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by excondido(m): 7:23am On Jun 30, 2016
We will see
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by obembet(f): 7:30am On Jun 30, 2016
abeg, any news from lai mohammed
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by oluemmakay(m): 7:31am On Jun 30, 2016
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 30, 2016
I'm totally in. grin
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by Istand4justice: 7:34am On Jun 30, 2016
izzou:
Its not fair naa

I have tried so much to be FTC

I dont know what to do again

Seun
Lalasticlala

Please help

I wont give up

NEVER

BTW i don register sha. My busisnes idea was a masquerade group so dem go answer me sharpaly

Open a thread comment first. lol

1 Like

Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by Sunnycliff(m): 7:37am On Jun 30, 2016
Well, this would have been an approach to mop up liquidity but it's not still bad shaa!
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by Cherishing(f): 7:39am On Jun 30, 2016
k
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by izzou(m): 7:39am On Jun 30, 2016
Istand4justice:

Open a thread comment first. lol

Naaaaaa

E go be cheating naa

Make i hussle for another person own
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by Istand4justice: 7:58am On Jun 30, 2016
izzou:

Naaaaaa
E go be cheating naa
Make i hussle for another person own

Lol goodluck then
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by musicwriter(m): 8:01am On Jun 30, 2016
This's another ''putting the cart before the horse'' policy, it can't solve anything.

You don't force someone to become an entrepreneur!. Entrepreneurship springs up on it's own from the right mind possessing the right education.

Let's re-invent education in Africa to give the right type of education to Africans first. He who is truly educated would always find ways to make money with it- become an entrepreneur.

Only the right type of education will naturally solve the problem of unemployment on the scale we're talking about in Nigeria and other third world countries.

Education in Africa was originally designed by the colonialists for peripheral jobs; like, interpreters, lawyers, traders, marketers, people who can train entrepreneurs, musicians, footballers, bankers, secretaries- just arts. It wasn't designed for industry!.

Education in Africa have failed!. It wasn't designed for this age!. It was designed to serve the interest of the colonialists in the colonial era!!. Mass Poverty and unemployment are testimonial symptoms!!

Albert Einstein said ''We cannot solve our problems today with the same thinking we used when we created them'':

We cannot develop, unless we uproot the ancient model of education we inherited from Britain and install our own model of education to create the type of education ''to build'' not to consume.

Art = consumers.

Science = manufacturers.

Africa cannot develop without investment in grassroots science.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by Ohibenemma(m): 8:07am On Jun 30, 2016
What are the risks? "Derisking"? In what sense? Will collaterals be required? Will businesses ventured into by applicants be supervised?
Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by topsam1(m): 8:09am On Jun 30, 2016
whitejulius81:
10 billion youth?.... OK ooo
Its 10billion naira...youth support programme and not 10billion youths...bro

2 Likes

Re: Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme by kay29000(m): 8:10am On Jun 30, 2016
Nice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Recruiters Are Deleting Your CV On Sight / Share N-POWER Problems You Faced After Deployment Like PPA And Program Type Etc / Access Bank Call Centre Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.