Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

What Should I Be Aware Of In Nissan Xterra Vehicle? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Should I Be Aware Of In Nissan Xterra Vehicle? (3002 Views)

Please Does Anyone Know Where To Locate Diagnostic Port In Nissan Almera 2014? / Car Odometer Measurement Information You Might Not Be Aware Of / Nissan Xterra Owners Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Be Aware Of In Nissan Xterra Vehicle? by FreddyH(m): 2:15am On Jul 09, 2013
I inspected a clean 2003 Nissan xterra car which was sent directly from the US and I am interested in buying this car but wondering if there are any common problems associated with this vehicle that I should be aware of?

By the way I am still looking for 1st grade 2002 - 2006 Toyota or Nissan SUVs within PHC. Budget 2m max.

Thanks for your helpful feedbacks.
Re: What Should I Be Aware Of In Nissan Xterra Vehicle? by FreddyH(m): 8:48am On Jul 09, 2013
Your comments are highly appreciated.
Re: What Should I Be Aware Of In Nissan Xterra Vehicle? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
u didnt state the powertrain/driveline details. is it the inline 4 or the 3.3L V6 variant? Rear wheel drive or 4wd? 5spd manual or the 4spd Auto? Elaborate... a good number of the Xterras i have come across seem to have issues with their automatic trannys.
Re: What Should I Be Aware Of In Nissan Xterra Vehicle? by FreddyH(m): 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
platinumricky: Thanks for your response. It's the 3.3L V6 variant, 4wd, 4spd Auto.
Re: What Should I Be Aware Of In Nissan Xterra Vehicle? by FreddyH(m): 11:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
What is the solution to the issue you have mentioned above? I have purchased the car already so I need to be prepared if that eventually happens.
Re: What Should I Be Aware Of In Nissan Xterra Vehicle? by Nobody: 1:40am On Jul 10, 2013
FreddyH: What is the solution to the issue you have mentioned above? I have purchased the car already so I need to be prepared if that eventually happens.
'Nissparts' will be in a better position to answer this... This is his 'turf'.
Re: What Should I Be Aware Of In Nissan Xterra Vehicle? by viperman: 10:53am On Jul 10, 2013
Hi Freddy,

Over years I've used a couple of exterra's and the most(virtually only) common issue it normally has is bad Air conditioning due to over heating most times. This could be due to a few reasons.
However, A couple of people who had this issue changed their radiators from single cell to double cell(which some people here would disagree with), and are enjoying their xTerras till date.
Asides this, xTerra's are awesomely rugged SUVs....when i'm in an xterra....i fear no road no matter how bad. cool
Re: What Should I Be Aware Of In Nissan Xterra Vehicle? by nissparts(m): 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
Transmission issues are rare on that model.
Just pray the previous owner maintained it well.
Expect knock sensor codes but this is majorly based on our quality of fuel and can be ignored
Re: What Should I Be Aware Of In Nissan Xterra Vehicle? by FreddyH(m): 4:44am On Jul 11, 2013
Nice feedbacks guys, highly appreciated.

Can you also assist me with where to locate the engine number on the engine block? I have been browsing around the engine but can't get hold of the number. Only VIN is available on the documentation.
Re: What Should I Be Aware Of In Nissan Xterra Vehicle? by nissparts(m): 9:08am On Jul 11, 2013
There

Re: What Should I Be Aware Of In Nissan Xterra Vehicle? by FreddyH(m): 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2013
Nissparts, many thanks. Following the picture you sent it means that some parts must be opened up in order to view the number?

Could it be possible to retrieve the engine number from the manufacturer by using the VIN?
Re: What Should I Be Aware Of In Nissan Xterra Vehicle? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
FreddyH: Nissparts, many thanks. Following the picture you sent it means that some parts must be opened up in order to view the number?
Not necessarily. With a strong torchlight at night you should have a view of the number from the driver's side.
Re: What Should I Be Aware Of In Nissan Xterra Vehicle? by kpezi: 9:03pm On Jul 11, 2013
i want to buy an MAZDA MPV 2004 or 2005 model. pls any one with idea of common problems with this SUV. Just need something portable for the family. Any buying suggestions and guide will be appreciated.
Re: What Should I Be Aware Of In Nissan Xterra Vehicle? by FreddyH(m): 4:05am On Jul 12, 2013
The number was searched at mechanic workshop without luck. I tried this night with torch light but didnt spot the number. Found a 9digit number starting with BPO...... which is unlikely to be the one as I noticed while browsing that the number starts either with KA or VG depending on the engine type.

I spoke to another xterra car owner and he had same issue and he registered his leaving the engine number section blank that if queried by police he will ask them to find the number..lol. i am not ok this way.

Any more directive would be highly appreciated.
Re: What Should I Be Aware Of In Nissan Xterra Vehicle? by cardoctor(m): 4:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
FreddyH: I inspected a clean 2003 Nissan xterra car which was sent directly from the US and I am interested in buying this car but wondering if there are any common problems associated with this vehicle that I should be aware of?

By the way I am still looking for 1st grade 2002 - 2006 Toyota or Nissan SUVs within PHC. Budget 2m max.

Thanks for your helpful feedbacks.

Cracked exhaust manifolds on the v6, (very expensive to change as welding will only temporarily stop the problem).

Suspension, axle and brake components are also very expensive.

Noisy engine at high revs.

Customers that I have complain of very high fuel consumption.

Drives like a safari land rover.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ways An Engine Shorts Oil? / 3 Types Of Car Painting: Pros And Cons / Advise On Toyota Avensis Wagon/hatchback needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.