Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,796 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

High Engine Reving In Mitsubishi Carisma - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / High Engine Reving In Mitsubishi Carisma (1785 Views)

Best Engine Oil For Mitsubishi Carisma / Attn: Changing 3.0L Engine To 1.8L Or 2.0L In Mitsubishi Sigma / Is Mitsubishi Carisma A Good Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Engine Reving In Mitsubishi Carisma by emelu(m): 5:18am On Jul 09, 2013
I bought a Mitsubishi carisma GDI 1998 model 1.8 ltrs 4 cylinder for my wife recently. I took the Car to mechnic shop to change first oil with mobile super V. The next morning, I noticed that the engine reves itself on high side once I started tthe car. Though it later calmed down. beside, I noticed that the roof lights, door lights and the car stereo have stopped working. Please can anyone help me out with answers to these faults. Thanks a lot in anticipation.
Re: High Engine Reving In Mitsubishi Carisma by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:41am On Jul 09, 2013
emelu: I bought a Mitsubishi carisma GDI 1998 model 1.8 ltrs 4 cylinder for my wife recently. I took the Car to mechnic shop to change first oil with mobile super V. The next morning, I noticed that the engine reves itself on high side once I started tthe car. Though it later calmed down. beside, I noticed that the roof lights, door lights and the car stereo have stopped working. Please can anyone help me out with answers to these faults. Thanks a lot in anticipation.

GDI engines are very senstive you also find them on S40, try by cleaning the idle stepper motor, clean with petrol, carb cleaner or even DW 40, high deposit of carbon is the motro cause high revs
Re: High Engine Reving In Mitsubishi Carisma by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 09, 2013
emelu: I bought a Mitsubishi carisma GDI 1998 model 1.8 ltrs 4 cylinder for my wife recently. I took the Car to mechnic shop to change first oil with mobile super V. The next morning, I noticed that the engine reves itself on high side once I started tthe car. Though it later calmed down. beside, I noticed that the roof lights, door lights and the car stereo have stopped working. Please can anyone help me out with answers to these faults. Thanks a lot in anticipation.
Wrt the lights and stereo, check the iod fuse if it's not blown.
Re: High Engine Reving In Mitsubishi Carisma by sultaan(m): 9:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
Go to your mechanic and ask for all he did to the car, he probably messed something up.

You can also take several pic of the engine and post it
Re: High Engine Reving In Mitsubishi Carisma by emelu(m): 9:39pm On Jul 09, 2013
Thanks guys for the replies so far. I will post the car engine pics tomorrow. It s already late to snap. By the way, I really need Siena to give his opinion too. Please more answers needed. Thanks.
Re: High Engine Reving In Mitsubishi Carisma by supermirab: 2:18am On Aug 05, 2013
Iddle speed sensor they usually dont show up on diagnostics or might be bad earth from throttle body check both of them

(1) (Reply)

Relationship B/w Sensors, Actuators & ECU (brain Box) / A Thread On Light Duty Pick-up Trucks. Come In!! [UPDATED] / Do You Think This Is A Good Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.