Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Toyota Camrey ..black Particules From Exhaust Wen Engine Is Raised... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camrey ..black Particules From Exhaust Wen Engine Is Raised... (781 Views)

Switching From Mineral Oil To Synthetic Caused Smoking From Exhaust / Radiator Fan Constantly Running (even When Engine Is Off) / My Car Won't Start When The Engine Is Cold, Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camrey ..black Particules From Exhaust Wen Engine Is Raised... by jeffp: 2:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
2004 Camey emitting .black particles from exhaust wen engine is raised... d engine is a VVTI engine..wen plugs were checked..all d plugs head were black..pls what could b d cause of dis>?

answers needed pls.
Re: Toyota Camrey ..black Particules From Exhaust Wen Engine Is Raised... by MightyThor(m): 3:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
I believe the black particles could be carbon deposit, which could an indication of incomplete combustion of fuel or poor fuel-air mixture (bad O2 sensor and clogged air filter) or bad fuel or bad plugs. Does the engine misfire? How is your oil like is it black?what of your oil gauge? any shortages?

What i'll suggest is change your plugs (get the ounces with double filament) change your oil and oil filter if needed and check the kind of fuel you have have in your tank. if all fail then you may have to look at your injectors and oxygen sensor.

Good luck.
Re: Toyota Camrey ..black Particules From Exhaust Wen Engine Is Raised... by Ikenna351(m): 3:43pm On Jul 09, 2013
Just scan the car and go from there.

Ikenna
Re: Toyota Camrey ..black Particules From Exhaust Wen Engine Is Raised... by 9icetoo(m): 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2013
Like iknenna said, first scan the car and report what you foune i.e codes. Mightytthor, i disagree with you on the double filament plugs. Toyota recommends the iridium plugs for their camrys. Poster, is your car an i4 or a v6? I know I4s use denso sk20r11 plugs or ik20. there are some other similar plugs out there but i know these two are available at some shops in naija here. Mightythor was correct about the incomplete combustion though. The codes will be able to help the gurus here guide you better. best of luck.
Re: Toyota Camrey ..black Particules From Exhaust Wen Engine Is Raised... by kayoday(m): 11:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
One of the sensors in your car might be faulty

https://www.nairaland.com/1273700/sales-obd-ii-car-scanners
Re: Toyota Camrey ..black Particules From Exhaust Wen Engine Is Raised... by jeffp: 10:11am On Jul 11, 2013
ABEG..MAKE UNA HELP ME..ALL D MECANIC ARE ALL GUESSING..SOME SAY NA INJECTOR....D CAR CONSUMPTOON OF FUEL HAS INCREASED...D BLACK SMOKE IS NT OBVIOUS OHH....IT IS JUST DAT WEN I RAISE THE FIRE OR RAISE D ENGINE..I SEE TRACES OF BLACK PARTICULES....SHEY UNA GET..i have not serviced d car for 1month now..and some people are saying dat is it bacuse d oil filter is a small one..that i should use big oil filter.. pls more suggestions pls... it is a 4 PLUGS ENGINE... i noticed dis wen i just returned from a long travel...
Re: Toyota Camrey ..black Particules From Exhaust Wen Engine Is Raised... by Ikenna351(m): 11:07am On Jul 11, 2013
jeffp: ABEG..MAKE UNA HELP ME..ALL D MECANIC ARE ALL GUESSING..SOME SAY NA INJECTOR....D CAR CONSUMPTOON OF FUEL HAS INCREASED...D BLACK SMOKE IS NT OBVIOUS OHH....IT IS JUST DAT WEN I RAISE THE FIRE OR RAISE D ENGINE..I SEE TRACES OF BLACK PARTICULES....SHEY UNA GET..i have not serviced d car for 1month now..and some people are saying dat is it bacuse d oil filter is a small one..that i should use big oil filter.. pls more suggestions pls... it is a 4 PLUGS ENGINE... i noticed dis wen i just returned from a long travel...

Come on! 2004 Camry is OBDII compliant. Why dont you just scan the car that has been suggested to you? Why do you prefer to beat about the bush? To be very honest, the more they open that bonnet, the more problems they are creating for you. By the time they start bypassing the factory connections in that engine bay, the problems will become so complex that you may end up grounding that car or scrapping it.

Ikenna

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Amphibious Car Called Panther - James Bond Would Love This ONE / Please Advise On 2002 Ford Focus Se C / Jaguar Reveals ‘virtual Windscreen’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.