Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Tips On How To Promote Your Blog Free Of Charge. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Tips On How To Promote Your Blog Free Of Charge. (1274 Views)

How To Make Money From Your Blog Or Website Without Advertisments / Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. / Google To Promote Secure Websites (HTTPS) In Search Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On How To Promote Your Blog Free Of Charge. by myjobng: 5:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
This is one of the most sort things in the blogosphere. Every blogger, both Newbies and the Pros are always searching for the best free ways to promote their blogs. Blog promotion as I would say, is nothing new, and if you need a popular blog, then you definitely need to find ways to promote your blog for free

You might have imagined or would I rather say wondered how the Gurus promote their blogs to gain such large audience and build communities around their blogs, well it's simple and I'll teach you some simple methods on how to promote your blog. These are simple methods which you'll wonder at why you never thought of them earlier on.
Blogging is something unique and in rave in this dispensation, and incase you do do not know what it is, here is a simple explanation from Wikipedia concerning what a blog is and from there you would definitely know what blogging is all about.

A blog (a contraction of the words web log) is a discussion or informational site published on the World Wide Web and consisting of discrete entries ("posts"wink typically displayed in reverse chronological order (the most recent post appears first)

I guess from the explanation above you should discern that blogging is simply the act and process of updating your blog. In spoken terms, its the present participle of the term
blog.

Back to the point of how to promote a blog, I want to outline the points you should be looking at when you think of blog promotion or promoting your blog.
There are various methods I use in promoting my blog such as
- Promote A Blog Using Social Media
- Promote A blog Using Forums
1. How to Promote A Blog Using Social Media
- Create A Forum AccountThis above steps would help gain you trust on the forum, most forums display members signature in the topic area, even if they don't, people would click through to your profile to know about you, and by then you must have updated your blog link there.

These are the two points I will love to discus today about how to promote a blog.
Every one is on one social media network or the other and this is one great place to promote your blog if you need to get instant traffic to your blog. Imagine facebook has over a billion active users and you can tell if 0.1 of the traffic is aware of your blog. I would say there is no other greater tool to promote a blog other than social networks.
If you would love to promote your blog using social media strategy, i will recomend you watch of for these basic social networks that can help improve your SEO.
They are
- Promote Your Blog On Twitter
- Promote Your Blog On Facebook
- Promote Your Blog using Google +
- Promote Your Blog Using Pinterest

Although you can add to the list of promoting your blog using social media strategies if you wish. I really enjoy these social networks mentioned above and they have proven to be the best sources for me to promote my blog. Your experience could be different anyway. And lest I forget, you could also add your method on how you promote your blog on social media using the comment box.
2. How To Promote A Blog Using Forums
Forums are good and wonderful places to get targeted traffic if you are very much observant. There are lots of niche blog that fit into every blogs niche, if you could create an account with them, then you are one step into promoting your blog.
It starts by you creating an account on the said forum, make sure you read through the rules and regulations binding the forum. Try as much as possible to be active on the forum and do not spam, you'll be amazed at how much you can impact people and in turn end up promoting your blog over there. Here is a quick rundown on how to achieve this.
- Read the Binding Rules and Regulations In order not to get banned
- Update Your Signature with your blog link and title
- Reply with helpful tips as contributions to threads.
- Create Important and Helpful Topics on the forum.
This is a great way to get referral traffic to your blog and a way to promote a blog with the power of forums.

Now I've guided you through the basic ways to promote your blog, I guess you can start up with these basic ways to promote a blog for free. Feel free to add to this article using the comment box below. Do have a nice day ahead.

Source: [url="http://blogpromotionguide..com/2013/07/how-to-promote-blog-for-free-guide-one.html"]Free Ways To Promote A Blog[/url]
Re: Tips On How To Promote Your Blog Free Of Charge. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
You could also pay for Facebook ads to get more likes on your Facebook page
Re: Tips On How To Promote Your Blog Free Of Charge. by oladeledave: 3:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
this info was very helpful thanks
Re: Tips On How To Promote Your Blog Free Of Charge. by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 14, 2015
hey guyz!
there s diz blog of mine that i created and started posting and promoting tru d social media(facebook), the response was impressive. but d moment d traffic started kicking up i notice ads/pomotional banners(jobs, travel, health, politics etc) appearing on my blog. now my qstnz are:
1. is there any way i can trace source of those ads?
2. is somebody making money 4rm my own effort?
3. hw do i earn from dis blog?
***any form of guidance n support will b highly appreciated

(1) (Reply)

List Of Alternatives To Youtube / Pls How Reliable Is Www.obewesms.com / My Wordpress Website Keeps Coming Blank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.