Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,997 members, 7,825,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian (9023 Views)

Rank Higher With Social Traffic - Cheapest / A Question And Answer Website Finally Launched By A Nairalander / Which Postal Code Did You Use For Lagos With Google Adsense Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by stonemind(f): 9:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
lolz.......i dey front page shaa
Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by Dermie: 9:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
nyc1
Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 09, 2013
omoeso: Nice advert. this nigga just trying to pull enough traffic on his side. Google never buy Road Angels and other bigger traffic applications in the world for a billion dollars, na the one wey dey handle lagos traffic which does not even have all its streets on GPS. Abegi!

Hater! Pack Well.I smell jealousy in ur tone.Emulation of Good deeds is better than envy....develop ur own nd add wateva u wish to add dt he doesn't av....aha,wetin dy make person b d best na cos of say he know wetin others no know....Abegi,Ehen to the developer na u nd dangote go soon dy dine nd wine ooo...I celebrate with u in 5D streamin in a 6G network...
Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by snowblack: 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by Acidosis(m): 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
1Billion dollars??

With that amount, he should be among the world's 1000 richest men..
grin even while the co-owners of google are yet to "smell that rank".

But seriously, why is yawa-tide always emphasizing on N10,000 and N15,000 website??

You don't expect all web designers to charge N100,000... do you?

Its the spirit of competition... All you need do is to get what others doesn't have so you don't get kicked out of the trend. If others charge N10k and then yours - N100,000, well I need to know why one is higher than the other, else I'll assume someone wants to cheat me.

Competition is everywhere...
but consistent complaints won't solve it either.

BTW, I'd need the service of a web designer soon.. A very classy site!
Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by Skywalker5(m): 10:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
...:
Nigerian entrepreneur is positioning himself to be acquired by Google, after the company recently bought a traffic based app, Waze, for a whopping $1 billion dollars

Sounded like Google was going to buy his website . Nice marketing stunt Linda. There are many websites like this all over the world. what makes this one different or better that will make Google interested?
Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by fatgirl: 10:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
would you check an app before you drive into lagos street to work ? and would you update the App if you find traffic-jam or smooth road?
would google buy an app with less than 45 million users?
would the app make any sense anywhere out of lagos?
would the app maker wake up and realise that several radio stations and companies like Giditraffic has failed with this before?
tgis Nigeria, ball game = different

1 Like

Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by nonsovich(m): 10:46pm On Jul 09, 2013
curiouslad: Cool idea by the way, this should be a mobile app making use of the geo-location, being able to detect changes and, probably when someone is in a moving car, (the location changes faster)
Also that way you can actually verify people's location before allowing them to update traffic info about that location

Did anybody else read the about page, our team page,
No content shocked shocked shocked

Curious Lad,
Chief Arm Chair Critic,
Nairaland.
pure g.i.s working

1 Like

Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by a1solution: 11:18pm On Jul 09, 2013
It's Linda's boy friend that developed this app and she wants to make him popular.

1 Like

Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by africapunch: 11:56pm On Jul 09, 2013
Great improvement! smiley
Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by Superbrain(m): 8:26am On Jul 10, 2013
Very nice initiative.

I just registered!
Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by aaidel(m): 8:43am On Jul 10, 2013
misleading post he is positioning to be bought out not actually being bought out and if google had any plans to buy him out they would know he is desperate and wont offer anywhere near 1 billion
Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 10, 2013
We just love to put ourselves down, someone did something at least you can offer whats wrong with it rather than just ridiculing it. Typical naija peeps
Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by lagosdude: 10:17am On Jul 10, 2013
Hello all! I am the traffix founder and completely delighted and honored to be shared to Nairaland. I've read through most of your feedback and here's what I think.

1) I am NOT Linda's boyfriend..though I wouldn't mind that if she'd have me wink

2) @Gidi_Traffic and @TrafficButter are great and I pay homage to them for inspiring us, but they're remained stagnant. We are improving on it. No need to sift through all those irrelevant tweets to access the information you really want.

3) We decided not to go with GPS, as a lot of people don't have their GPS switched on and it is also less engaging that a manual update. We think it's also more fun, even though its a bit more work.

4) The reason we made it as a website first, was to make it available to everyone. Developing for only one platform, excludes a lot of people. And which one do we choose? Android, Iphone, BB, Symbian, N6?

5)Please email me or reply this. ASK ME ANYTHING!Seriously. My contact info can be found on the about page of [b]Traffix[/b}
admin@traffix.ng
Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by TM2: 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2013
This is cool. I will like to mention that I worked on a similar project, I lost interest when Google acquired Waze. It is called TrafficWatch, hosted at http://traffic.reinsys.com for demo purposes. The idea is to allow commuter view traffic density on various routes on a map. This will guide commuter on their route choices with minimum attention to their phones as there wont be a need to send or read text messages. Jut put on the app and check for routes!

Also users are completely anonymous to guaranty their safety as assurance so registration is not required. I don't think I want people to know who I am or where I am heading. You may check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks.
Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by tsaboin: 5:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
I tip for https://www.tsaboin.com #traffictalk app, which has advanced features and better reporting system for Android, iPhone, Windows Phone, Blackberry and Nokia Asha.

Updates can be confirmed and you can also subscribe to only the bus-stops from over 1,000 bus-stops enumerated.

Best of all, they have free API that you can connect to get traffic updates for your own app. And an embed-code to embed traffic updates easily to any blog and website to drive user traffic. http://about.tsaboin.com/traffictalk/talkembed/

Its a much more robust system you should check out.

FYI: I work at tsaboin, so my comment is biased but true. Check out our videos on http://www.youtube.com/tsaboin also for more information

And We're hiring developers currently.

Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by Erifenz: 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
Why launching when all the roads are bad
Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 11, 2013
Erifenz: Why launching when all the roads are bad
and how is that the developer's headache isn't that for the Govt to worry and isn't that the more reason to have the app. to show where hold up are.
Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by Skywalker5(m): 11:21am On Jul 11, 2013
Note to traffic.ng. Not everybody wants to sign up before seeing the benefits of your application. That pisses some people off. it be nice if you try not to force people to register before they use your web application. I cant even see anything apart from the screen trying to force me to sign up

sites like tsaboin.com which is similar to yours allows users to see traffic update before even registering which is a plus for tsaboin

2 Likes

Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by tsaboin: 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2013
Sky-walker:
Note to traffic.ng. Not everybody wants to sign up before seeing the benefits of your application. That pisses some people off. it be nice if you try not to force people to register before they use your web application. I cant even see anything apart from the screen trying to force me to sign up

sites like tsaboin.com which is similar to yours allows users to see traffic update before even registering which is a plus for tsaboin

Yes... you can get it now at http://www.tsaboin.com/general and signup is not required. Thanks for mentioning it.
Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by tedjazz(m): 5:31pm On Jul 11, 2013
Sky-walker:

tell dta to twitter or facebook. Ure just trying to promote tsabion or whatever
Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by Skywalker5(m): 10:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
tedjazz: tell dta to twitter or facebook. Ure just trying to promote tsabion or whatever

lol. I should go to twitter or facebook to tell him?I don't know who tsabion is. I looked at trafficng website and was not bothered to go further due to compulsory signup. Not everybody wants to receive third party e-mails. If nairaland made it compulsory for everyone to register before even reading any topic,do you think it will have gone this far ?I just clicked on Tsaboin website and from his homepage,i could see everything i need to know about how his web application works and to conclude if i want to receive updates
Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by tedjazz(m): 12:14am On Jul 12, 2013
Sky-walker:

lol. I should go to twitter or facebook to tell him?I don't know who tsabion is. I looked at trafficng website and was not bothered to go further due to compulsory signup. Not everybody wants to receive third party e-mails. If nairaland made it compulsory for everyone to register before even reading any topic,do you think it will have gone this far ?I just clicked on Tsaboin website and from his homepage,i could see everything i need to know about how his web application works and to conclude if i want to receive updates
facebook and twitter are very successful.they make it compulsory too
Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by Skywalker5(m): 8:10am On Jul 12, 2013
tedjazz: facebook and twitter are very successful.they make it compulsory too

Facebook is a social network which has a lot of people's personal info inside so they have to for privacy concerns. Its not compulsory for twitter.I can always use a forward slash and type the name of who i want to see their tweet without registering.If you click on directory,you can search for people without registering.
Re: Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian by TM2: 10:59am On Jul 12, 2013
http://traffic.reinsys.com does not register people at all. Well still just a demo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post / Why Many People Quit Blogging / Yes! Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter And Youtube To Remove 'terrorist Content'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.