Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,728 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Ramadan Journal For Muslims - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan Journal For Muslims (3009 Views)

Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? / Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ramadan Journal For Muslims by maclatunji: 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
Salam Alaykum,

Ramadan, the blessed month is here again. This year, I am been inspired to introduce a new concept that I have tagged "Ramadan Journal". The idea is for us Muslims to share updates about how the fast is going with us, it could be what might be termed "petty" stuff, Ramadan events you are attending, planning or helping to organise or just your daily activities.

Feel free to share anything related to Ramadan here as long as it is decent, within the confines of Islamic rules and not in any way offensive.

Ma Salam. smiley
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by maclatunji: 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
So Ramadan activities began for me last night with Taraweeh, then some admin work to get things running at the err... mosque (for lack of a better word) that I pray.

Surprisingly, I woke up earlier than the 3.45 am I had set on my alarm perhaps because of the "Ajisari" volunteers (May Allah bless them). I am not sure they actually woke me up but I don't mind giving them the credit for certainly helping to keep me awake.

I then did Tahajjud, took eba for sahur; not up to my potential capacity but sufficient for me to have a "feel good" feeling for the rest of the day. The dynamic for food when it comes to Ramadan is quite tricky because your body is taking food at the totally "wrong" time of the day for sahur.

Thereafter, I managed to recite a few pages of the Qur'an, observed Subhi and rushed to embrace sleep around 5.30 am. Sleep distortion is one of the toughest parts of fasting in Ramadan. Thankfully, I had the license to be late to work already. Hence, I totally abandoned sleep around 8.15 am before concluding preparation for work. I headed for work (not exactly because I had to branch at my ISPs dealers place) around 9am.

So far, it has been good. However, my work plan for today has been modified, I have to go to Ikeja when I thought I was just going to be at the office.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by mukina2: 1:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
Day1 For me

Tired and have a slight headache.
the sun is shining brightly and its also very hot outside
so far so good its going normal
been receiving lots of Ramadan Kareem/Mubarak messages and the usual forgive me etc.

will update as my day goes on
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by Lagusta(m): 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2013
salaam.....

well, not too stressful for me, am just sitting down reciting Quran, I pray I don't see any emergencies!!!!
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by AbdH: 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2013
Day 1: Fasted.....just fasted. Nothing extra.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by maclatunji: 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2013
Alhamdulillah, I just finished iftar. I prefer to eat my food at once, go for taraweeh and sort out whatever it is I should have for sahur. I tend to stumble over these things.

The challenge I am facing as the years go by is the subtle pressure for me to attend functions that I would altogether rarely attend. I am a private person and tend to want to do 'my own things at my convenience'.

I will try to strike a balance.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by kunmibola(m): 8:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
I woke up around 4:00am for suhoor. Did my tahajjud till 4:35am or thereafter. Ate amala with little appetite and thereafter read some literatures till Subh. Came back trying to catch some sleep but unfortunately couldnt get enough sleep. I had nowhere to rush to as I am 'jobless' but I know that before the end of this Ramadhan period, Allah will surprise me. Nothing much all day except.that I took a nap and went for shopping (plan to give out milk to old people in my area). I am also.using this medium to pray that may almighty Allah grant all.my requests for a good life.

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by maclatunji: 9:45pm On Jul 10, 2013
kunmibola: I woke up around 4:00am for suhoor. Did my tahajjud till 4:35am or thereafter. Ate amala with little appetite and thereafter read some literatures till Subh. Came back trying to catch some sleep but unfortunately couldnt get enough sleep. I had nowhere to rush to as I am 'jobless' but I know that before the end of this Ramadhan period, Allah will surprise me. Nothing much all day except.that I took a nap and went for shopping (plan to give out milk to old people in my area). I am also.using this medium to pray that may almighty Allah grant all.my requests for a good life.

Amin, substitute 'I know' with 'I pray'. Allah's blessings are never far from those who have faith, pray and persevere.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by Lagusta(m): 9:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
Alhamdulillah!!! my boss told me I can close early during the Ramadan, time to do some more ibaadat in shaa Allah!!!!!
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by mukina2: 10:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
Alhamdulilah Day 1 over with no problems at all smiley

cooked, break, prayed. ate a little. drank a lot.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by Maisuya1: 10:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
I used to have 'talk full' day at work, but today I noticed after ZUHR I automatically went on standby (quiet). Speak of low battery. But all in all it was interesting

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by siddiq202(m): 10:31pm On Jul 10, 2013
Alhamdulilah! Mine went well. Although I didnt read the Qur'an as much as I would have love to but I still have enough time at hand to make a come back.
I missed yesterday's taraweeh but observed it today (In Sha Allah we would complete the whole Qur'an before Ramadan runs out as usual).
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by Pyroclast(m): 11:48pm On Jul 10, 2013
You can imagine, a christian woke me for sahuur! My fone rang just a minute before my alarm went off. I was truly amazed.
Sahuur was a bit sluggish! Same with tahjudd!
Slept till 12noon courtesy of...........
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by Lagusta(m): 4:20am On Jul 11, 2013
salaam...........

it's sahuur time, eba thingz, but still feeling sleepy tho.........
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by maclatunji: 4:54am On Jul 11, 2013
Pyroclast: You can imagine, a christian woke me for sahuur! My fone rang just a minute before my alarm went off. I was truly amazed.
Sahuur was a bit sluggish! Same with tahjudd!
Slept till 12noon courtesy of ASUU.

Very good of the Christian. That is the way things should be.

Let me go and brush my teeth. They say we should brush our teeth after eating.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by musawisdom(m): 5:18am On Jul 11, 2013
waiting for subhi time 05:45
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by kunmibola(m): 5:40am On Jul 11, 2013
maclatunji:

Amin, substitute 'I know' with 'I pray'. Allah's blessings are never far from those who have faith, pray and persevere.
Thank you, brother!

Subh time!
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by maclatunji: 9:22am On Jul 11, 2013
I insist on sleeping after subhi. After waking up around 7.25am, I saw heavy clouds. This got me dashing out to work. I was beaten by the heavy rain on Monday, can't afford more of that.

I just woke from snoozing at work.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by siddiq202(m): 11:17am On Jul 11, 2013
Lagusta: Alhamdulillah!!! my boss told me I can close early during the Ramadan, time to do some more ibaadat in shaa Allah!!!!!

Luck you
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by tunde1200(m): 11:59am On Jul 11, 2013
this is my third day of fasting.....
Ramadan Mubaraq
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by kunmibola(m): 9:51pm On Jul 11, 2013
Alihamdulilahi...2nd day is gone. I travelled out of my base today. I decided ti sleep over and I went ti a mosque nearby to observe my prayers. Nothing eventful happened until taraweeh. We observed so many rituals that I never heard of during taraweeh and d prayer session was really long. There were two imams exchanging the prayers and they were trying hard to deliver long surahs. I must confess that I almost quit at a time. But thank God, we finished after 9:30pm. Got to sleep now!
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by Lagusta(m): 10:23pm On Jul 11, 2013
salaam......

remember I said my Oga said I can close early!!!!! well.... I closed at exactly 9.45pm!!!! had two emergencies today, now I am so tired, i hope I wake up fo sahuur...... embarassed
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by mukina2: 10:33pm On Jul 11, 2013
Day2
started normal, got abnormal, back on track,

Alahamdulilah for the end of day 2 smiley
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by siddiq202(m): 11:29pm On Jul 11, 2013
Lagusta: salaam......

remember I said my Oga said I can close early!!!!! well.... I closed at exactly 9.45pm!!!! had two emergencies today, now I am so tired, i hope I wake up fo sahuur...... embarassed
Eyah pe le
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by siddiq202(m): 11:31pm On Jul 11, 2013
kunmibola: Alihamdulilahi...2nd day is gone. I travelled out of my base today. I decided ti sleep over and I went ti a mosque nearby to observe my prayers. Nothing eventful happened until taraweeh. We observed so many rituals that I never heard of during taraweeh and d prayer session was really long. There were two imams exchanging the prayers and they were trying hard to deliver long surahs. I must confess that I almost quit at a time. But thank God, we finished after 9:30pm. Got to sleep now!
We do finish our taraweeh around 9:45, that's 15mins more.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by siddiq202(m): 11:32pm On Jul 11, 2013
Day 2 was a 'photocopy' of day 1. Nothing much apart from the fact that I almost got pissed off during iftar
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by golpen(m): 5:36am On Jul 12, 2013
Bismillahi rahmani-raheem!!

Day 3 gets underway,

woke up a bit late today, but I was able to meet up, only I did a change of menu (later took bread and tea), after tahajud.

May ALLAH lead us through today and the subsequent ones.

Preparing for today's business...
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by laykhorn(m): 8:48am On Jul 12, 2013
planning to Attend Tafsir of TMC on Saturday.

Time: 10am
Venue: Vetland Primary School, Agege

Then Iftar at mafazat
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by laykhorn(m): 8:54am On Jul 12, 2013
this Ramadan has been good so far...
Tafsir and Taraweeh evryday(never evryday before), Tahajud too. But what surprises me more is that I'm almost through with one-third of the Qur'an in just four days. I think I can finish two or probably three this year. . .

Strike doing wonders
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by Lagusta(m): 11:48am On Jul 12, 2013
salaam.....

I had to give myself the day off..... I really need it!!!

but day 3 is going well
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by maclatunji: 12:09pm On Jul 12, 2013
I have been battling a computer virus at work since yesterday. It is taking a lot of my time and energy. I am a little bit tired already.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by golpen(m): 2:33pm On Jul 12, 2013
Just through with jumuah salaat insha Allah..
Tafsir al-Quran follows immediately. May Allah accept our ibadah in this period of ranadan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Muslims Love The Prophet More Than God? / Proof: Islam Will Soon Go Into Extinction / Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.