Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? (5987 Views)

Poll: Are we ready for a female president? (2007)

Yes: 51% (28 votes)
No: 48% (26 votes)
This poll has ended

US To Drive Oil Prices Even Lower. Is Nigeria Ready? / African Militaries Led By Nigeria Ready To Act In Ivory Coast Standoff / Is Nigeria Ready For Id Card Harmonization? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? by lapsman: 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2006
are u crazy it's never possible this is a joke coz i won't be here and see a woman rule me.it's outrageous and against d holy doctrine in d bible so i won't be in this country @ that point of time sorry! tongue[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]
Re: Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? by lapsman: 6:20pm On Sep 13, 2006
this is outrageous,absurd icant take it if it happens i'll leave this country coz i cant be ruled by a woman, if God is against it.how will a woman rule a man? nonsense angry[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? by Seun(m): 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2006
Your mother is to blame for allowing you to grow up with that kind of attitude. angry
Re: Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? by Dsexy(f): 11:18pm On Sep 13, 2006
What do you mean you cant allow a woman to rule you? What kind of chauvinistic and sexist talk is that?! Like Seun,i really blame your mother for allowing you to grow up with thoughts like that which is disrespectful to all women (mothers) and even your mother. Haven't we proved ourselves enough to you guys. Haven't we showed you that we can do the job even better than you egostic, libido-driven men!Even in the bible you refered to, there are outstanding women. If it was left to people like you, i know we wont have any women leaders.what you should say is that Nigeria is not ready for a female president not that you can't ALLOW a woman to rule you!!!if you want to leave the country,good!but give positive change and progress a chance in Nigeria, s'il vous plait!
Re: Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? by hhussain(m): 1:40am On Sep 14, 2006
undecided in such issues one could simply be undecided, but could not shut up and just watch, it seems rediculous i could say, it is true that now Naija is not ready for a female president i don't know in the years to come, even in the near future, it is simply impossible. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? by Nkila: 11:19pm On Sep 15, 2006
Women can neither teach men ,nor rule men. That is it.
http://eqsq.com/blame_the_hormones/Women_Teachers.html
Do you know the song : " A man is a captain, a man is a king , a man is a general " ? cool
Re: Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? by nilla(f): 11:22pm On Sep 15, 2006
I don't know what some people are talking about.

If a female is the best candidate, then she deserves to be the best president.
In fact i support a female running for president, maybe it will challenge the men running to do more or prove why they should infact be the president.
Re: Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? by iice(f): 5:39am On Sep 16, 2006
They are talking so because naija is still for the most part a male dominated society thats why the thought of a female ruling does not sit well with them.
Re: Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? by hayprof(m): 8:05am On Sep 16, 2006
NO! Not In Another 20yrs to come,
Re: Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? by Seun(m): 8:40pm On Sep 16, 2006
We are ready for one, if she's the best.
Re: Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? by nilla(f): 12:14am On Sep 18, 2006
Yes Seun, if she is the best.
Re: Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? by Julee(f): 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2006
@ Nkila
Women can neither teach men or rule men

What of the countries like Liberia, Germany and Ireland where women are ruling.
Why do you think Obj appoints women in certain positons especially where men have failed to delivered?

I think the best is Prof. Dora but she is not willing to contest.
Re: Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? by Odeku(m): 11:10pm On Sep 20, 2006
Common people open your eyes, this is Nigeria we are talking about. if not for OBJ that elected the 1st female minister there is no way HAUSA man with their religious beliefs will let a female rule in Nigeria. whey don't we start my electing a female governor and go from there, CHi Seun easy on that guy i LMAO with your response.
Re: Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? by Odeku(m): 8:10pm On Sep 21, 2006
Thank you ODEKu, no female president in Nigeria abeg, they have emotional issues, unlike man that will lead us in times of war and Nigeria is a diverse nation, no way a woman will keep the country together. the Hausa's won't allow that as well
Re: Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? by Coleslove: 4:53pm On Apr 03, 2007
There's no harm in trying, but i guess theres no much courage in the Female politicians. Lets encourage ourselves.
Re: Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? by bobezey(m): 1:52am On Apr 04, 2007
I don't think that it's time for that as at yet. Nigeria is a macho nation
and it will take a little bit of time to fully accept the leadership of a
woman in Aso Rock.

Are there brilliant women that can do the job ? Of course, yes. But,
the time is not now. Let's leave it at that.
Re: Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? by sogima(f): 2:29pm On Oct 03, 2010
yes we re, since we have given the man chances and they did nothing good, then giving the woman chance ll be the best option.
Re: Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? by soldee: 2:40pm On Oct 03, 2010
NIGERIA ALREADY HAS A WOMAN PRESIDENT: GOODLUCK EBELE JANET-HAN grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? by soldee: 2:44pm On Oct 03, 2010
Just kidding!! I think any woman who wants to govern Nigeria must be a real Iron Lady, possibly with military background and lots of money, must be a heavyweight in the political circle, must be able to command any number of thugs at short notice, must be able to handle the offices of both the president and first lady with style, and so on and so forth - Iron Lady, where art thou?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ministers Without Remembrance Emblem Barred From FEC / 2019 Elections: CAN Declares Jan 10, Day Of National Prayer / Lent, Ramadan: Avoid Crowded Gatherings, Remain Vigilant - DSS Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.