Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) (30333 Views)

Photos Of America Welcoming GEJ And PMB. Who Did They Respect The More? / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / A Picture Of President Jonathan In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by naptu2: 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan was received by the Chinese President, Xi Jinping at the Great Hall of The People in Beijing today. Here are pictures of the event.

1) Goodluck Jonathan and Xi Jinping receive the National Salute.
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1194448_173211060-nigerian-president-goodluck-jonathan-and-gettyimages_jpg93f170cf554c381b4458d612fa59443c[/img]

2) The presidents inspect the guard of honour.
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1194449_China-honour-guard-xijinping-nigeria-reuters-540x403_jpg17b34d1918259efd474a0e2607be3071[/img]

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by naptu2: 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2013

6 Likes

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by naptu2: 3:45pm On Jul 10, 2013

8 Likes

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by alaoeri: 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2013
Counter thread, expecting some e-bashing.
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by HezronLorraine(m): 3:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
Haterz keep hating.Na Die all of U na go die.
UP GeJ,UP Naija.
May the borrowed money truely fund sustainable and enviable developments.
May Nigerian leaders also wise up towards the exploitation of either blocs(East or West) and take actions to be champions of their own self.

42 Likes

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2013
Thank you sir for answering my plea. @Naptu2
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by naptu2: 3:53pm On Jul 10, 2013
[size=14pt]Nigerian president finalizes loan deals in China.[/size]

Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:42 am

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan and Chinese President Xi Jinping presided Wednesday over the signing of accords between their governments to facilitate $1.1 billion in low-interest loans for much-needed infrastructure in Nigeria.

China, which is increasingly looking to Africa for oil and other natural resources, is offering Nigeria loans to help fund airport terminals in four cities, roads, a light-rail line for its capital, a hydropower plant and oil and gas infrastructure.

Xi said both countries had been brought together by a common task of pursuing national development. "As a proverb of Nigeria reads, `A man cannot sit down alone to plan for prosperity,'" he said.

Jonathan, on a four-day trip to China, has brought along about a dozen of his Cabinet ministers including those for petroleum resources, trade and transport, as well as several state governors, senior government officials and businesspeople.

Following a meeting between Xi and Jonathan, representatives from both countries signed five deals, including a lending agreement between China's Import-Export Bank and the Nigerian finance ministry for the expansion of the airport terminals and an economic and technical cooperation pact. Details of the agreements were not immediately available.

Nigerian Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala says the loans being finalized during this trip are part of $3 billion approved by China at interest rates of less than 3 percent.

Chinese companies are already building roads across Nigeria in contracts worth $1.7 billion.

China's demand for crude oil produced in Nigeria is expected to rise tenfold to 200,000 barrels a day by 2015, according to information provided by a team accompanying the Nigerian president.

Zhang Chun, an expert on Africa at the Shanghai Institute of Foreign Studies, said Nigeria is important to China because it has the largest economy in west Africa and because it has oil. "There is great potential for developing cooperation in this field," he said.

On Thursday, Jonathan will meet Chinese Premier Li Keqiang and representatives of companies including state oil company Sinopec and telecom equipment makers Huawei and ZTE.

http://m.timesonline.com/mobile/news/world/asia/nigerian-president-finalizes-loan-deals-in-china/article_9365508f-6a4a-520c-9d1f-a6ba48f19d82.html

5 Likes

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Lilimax(f): 3:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
berem: what the fucck is wrong with him in the first picture? Is he feeling cold or something?

...and the second picture, i can hardly see his face. Dude needs to go for a steam bath and do some skin toning . serious!!. angry
Seems the image is not very sharp. Regarding steam bath, oga GEJ may not need ...you'll agree with me that he is dark in complexion naturally wink.

2 Likes

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
Nice pics, naptu2
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by nextexcel: 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
I am waiting to see a nairaland where people that dont have anything meaninful to say will keep quiet and learn not where people display their stupidity to d outside world,nigerian think its only them that are folowing this forum,outsiders will take us as they see us here look at beram or what ever she is called reading d presidents body language talking rubish about water bath,for christ sake mind what u say this is internet

19 Likes

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by naptu2: 3:56pm On Jul 10, 2013
Nigerian and Chinese flags at The Great Hall of The People in Beijing.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Wendyslim(f): 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
Well represented.

2 Likes

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by HezronLorraine(m): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
naptu2: Nigerian and Chinese flags at The Great Hall of The People in Beijing.
now we are talking.that frontpage is a disaster.I don't know why they even allowed that topic up there.
Nice one naptu.
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by nijanigga: 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
I broke this news to the moderator. Go back and read my previous postings.
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by bigtt76(f): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
This na indoor parade ground o!

2 Likes

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Lilimax(f): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
naptu2: The Parade Commander invites the two presidents to inspect the guard of honour.
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1194459_173211056-nigerian-president-goodluck-jonathan-and-gettyimages_jpgb1972c527b0fca2cb633ff6c66b91ed6[/img]
The Parade Commander invites the two presidents to inspect the guard of honour. cheesy
How come some people were saying that GEJ was not recieved well in China sad
Haters... angry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by gluv01(f): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
naptu2: Nigerian and Chinese flags at The Great Hall of The People in Beijing.

Is that blue white blue or green white green?

3 Likes

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Billionaires: 4:01pm On Jul 10, 2013

8 Likes

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by vizboy(m): 4:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
haters will always want to find fault in everything mr President does.

Carry go

3 Likes

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by ritux: 4:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
Anti GEJ Haters, you are all welcomed

3 Likes

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by bubadaniel13: 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
berem: what the fucck is wrong with him in the first picture? Is he feeling cold or something?

...and the second picture, i can hardly see his face. Dude needs to go for a steam bath and do some skin toning . serious!!. angry
His looks doesn't matter, He is still the Number one citizen of our country, personal hatred will not help you my brother, get a life.

21 Likes

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Redoil: 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
I have being reading most of ur comment and It seems you have lost ur sense of respect for people. ALWAYS INSULTING. If you dout me check most of ur previous post.

23 Likes

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Geomac: 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2013

This one is better. It is the fault of the photographer.

3 Likes

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
Na wa oooo this is nice..

5 Likes

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by naptu2: 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
I don't yet have a video of this event, but I'll show you a video of President Obama's reception at the Great Hall, so you'll have an idea of what it's like.
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by naptu2: 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
Welcoming ceremonies for President Obama at The Great Hall of The People.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtmsoNAy_rM
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by nwabobo: 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
[size=34pt]Click like if you love GEJ[/size]

230 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari All Smiles As He Hosts Daura Title Holders At His Country Home (photos) / Man In Court For Trespassing On Obasanjo’s Land In Ota, Ogun / Wike: We Have Arrested Killers Of Security Agents In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.