Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,106 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:10 AM

Help With Port Clearance Clarification - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help With Port Clearance Clarification (823 Views)

Needs Clarification / I Need Clarification on Plate Number Registration Standards / Please Help Me With Clarification Of Odometer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Port Clearance Clarification by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
Please I need an idea on what will it cost me to clear My Toyota Venza 2009 from lagos, apapa port precisely.

The quotation I am getting is very much on the high side.
Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by bellong: 12:48pm On Jul 11, 2013
It is between 550-650k depending on the agent you use and also the terminal the ship berths
Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2013
Its berthing at Tin Can Island. Still 550k is high bro.
Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by bellong: 2:25pm On Jul 11, 2013
That is what it is bro... I am not a clearing agent, but deals with them for my consignment. Nigeria customs are crazy
Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by samir101ng(m): 4:50pm On Jul 11, 2013
If what am hearing is true, then customs are not to blame. If every charge, fee or levy has a receipt and payment can be verified i have no problem paying my dues. It's when you are being quoted multiple prices by agents without clarification on the applicable fees that wahala starts.
Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by bellong: 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2013
samir101ng: If what am hearing is true, then customs are not to blame. If every charge, fee or levy has a receipt and payment can be verified i have no problem paying my dues. It's when you are being quoted multiple prices by agents without clarification on the applicable fees that wahala starts.

The agent too will factor in his service cost. Some payments do not come with receipts such as tips given to custom people in speeding the process. Port duty, terminal duty etc are part of the money.

What is the amount you budget for this?
Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 12, 2013
bellong:

What is the amount you budget for this?

Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by bellong: 11:19am On Jul 12, 2013
I am sorry bro. Even if you do it yourself, customs valuation alone is more than that amount. If you know any customs officer at the seaport, you can ask him.
Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 12, 2013
bellong: I am sorry bro. Even if you do it yourself, customs valuation alone is more than that amount. If you know any customs officer at the seaport, you can ask him.

Do you know any agent?
Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by bellong: 12:10pm On Jul 12, 2013
Yes.. The agent I use in clearing my vehicles
Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
Can you ask him or link me up?
Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by bellong: 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
val_dee: Can you ask him or link me up?

This is his number 07032761816 (Azuka).

You can talk with him
Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2013
Thanks bro
Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by joeokri: 5:21pm On Jul 12, 2013
val_dee:

Do you know any agent?
pls is d 450k in addition with the shipment fee? what i meant is dat ll one pay for shipping before paying d 450k? Am new to importation.
Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by bellong: 5:25pm On Jul 12, 2013
joeokri: pls is d 450k in addition with the shipment fee? what i meant is dat ll one pay for shipping before paying d 450k? Am new to importation.

Shipping fee is different from clearing cost. They are paid at different places
Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 26, 2013
For the record this has been sorted out. Thank you bellong for the head up
Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by bellong: 8:18am On Aug 26, 2013
^^^ How much did you pay and what was the port of discharge?
Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 26, 2013
Tin can Island, it came in roro, not coantainer.The total clearance cost was around 500k. There are certain costs I omitted though.
Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by bellong: 11:24am On Aug 26, 2013
Alright... Enjoy your ride in peace
Re: Help With Port Clearance Clarification by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
bellong: Alright... Enjoy your ride in peace

once again, thanks for the head up

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Know The Cost Of BMW X5 From Cotonou / What Car I'm I? [PHOTO] / Truck’s Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge, Crushes Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.