Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

The Christian And His Zodiac Sign - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian And His Zodiac Sign (1482 Views)

The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating / I'm A Christian And I Smoke Herbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Christian And His Zodiac Sign by blueiyke(m): 4:13pm On May 23, 2006
I always wonder about Christians who believe what their zodiac signs predict for them.Some so much believe it that their lives are virtually run by star-gazers.

But the bible condemns this,including all forms palm-reading,crystal ball gazing etc.
Isaiah 47:13 makes it clear that it is not of God.

The zodiac sign of a Christian should be the Word of God.The Word of God should be the determiner of how a Christian walks daily, not some star or zodiac sign.

James 1,23-25 explains what is called the mirror principle of the Word of God.In other words,God's Word is like a mirror to the Christian.He looks into it to know who he is and how he should live.This should be his zodiac sign, not Libra,Scorpio,Leo or any of the other rubbishes.

As a Christian,do you live by the Word of God or by the musings of some astrologer?
WATCH YOUR HEART, !
Re: The Christian And His Zodiac Sign by hotangel2(f): 8:25pm On May 23, 2006
I dont believe in horoscopes if that's what you mean. I read em sometimes, but i don't take em too serious.

Christians that believe it, are deffinitely not christians. That's what i think.

It's just like going to a babalawo.
Re: The Christian And His Zodiac Sign by Genial(m): 11:28pm On May 25, 2006
Christians have only one Star - The Bright and Morning Star.

Anything outside that is really. . . well, dodgy.
Re: The Christian And His Zodiac Sign by blueiyke(m): 6:07pm On May 26, 2006
I have this pal I'm really concerned about.He has a bible which he takes along with him to church on Sundays (like once in every 5 Sundays, sha).But he rarely opens the book.

He has quite a collection of books & literatures on horoscopes and stuffs like that.His life is virtually run by what he reads from these books,and yet he profess belief in God.

I've talked and talked but to no avail.The guy insists that his daily horoscope never fails him.

I know there are others like him,but I think it's like serving 2 masters at the same time.

(1) (Reply)

I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days / Why Did God Destroy The Tower Of Babel?? / An Overwhelming Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.