Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,710 members, 7,809,694 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Ogun Politics For The Yewa's (former Egbado) Come 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Politics For The Yewa's (former Egbado) Come 2011 (1189 Views)

Tribunal Sacks Vincent Bulus In Plateau, Bans Him From Politics For Life / Obasanjo Dumps Politics For Evangelism, Organizes Nationwide Crusades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Politics For The Yewa's (former Egbado) Come 2011 by yewaman1(m): 11:42am On May 20, 2008
Ogun State Politics for the YEWA's (former Egbado) come 2011.

I undersatnd that its time for the Yewa's chance at the number post in the State (Governor),
come 2011, the egbas, ijebus and the remo people have all had their take at been Governor,
now its our turn. But I have my fears, any yewa person in the house, stand up and be counted.

Yewaman cool
Re: Ogun Politics For The Yewa's (former Egbado) Come 2011 by Nobody: 2:20am On May 29, 2008
Hi yewa man, ki ti gbe o? I think you've raised a very important issue here, we really need to pull our forces together and make 2011 our year as the ruler of the gateway state. Even the former president knows it as well and that was the reason why he tried putting Chief Olalekan Ishola Ojo against OGD in 2007 PDP primaries but due to the good impression we had about OGD, we endorsed him for the second time and with that, I believe the Remos will support the Yewas/Aworis this time around if and I repeat, if the Remos are not cowards cuz we supported them when it was their turn[color=#990000][/color][i][/i]
Re: Ogun Politics For The Yewa's (former Egbado) Come 2011 by deor03(m): 2:40am On May 29, 2008
It's annoying that informed Nigerians at this time and age will still be arguing like this. It amuses me when people bring up arguments like this and the justification for their stands.

We need people that can perfom, even if the person is an IGBO, HAUSA born citizen of Ogun state. All these sectarian politics have not helped in any way for the past 50 years or so and i doubt if it would help in decades to come.

Think outside the box please and move your mind forward.
Re: Ogun Politics For The Yewa's (former Egbado) Come 2011 by abdurrazaq(m): 12:58pm On May 29, 2008
Fellow Africans are being killed in South Africa and we see people yelling and shouting callings the South Africans names. What do we call this now? A divided Nation, a divided state. Ogun State is not contended with indiginuous Governors anymore, they now want someone from a particular zone/region of the state, isn't that shameful?

Tommorrow people like this will tell you they are civilised. Yewa ko, Yewa ni who cares so far whoever occupies the office is doing good. angry
Re: Ogun Politics For The Yewa's (former Egbado) Come 2011 by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 02, 2008
[b]Mr Rasaq, I believe your are a Muslim as your name implies and as a Muslim, the regilion preaches equality more than any other thing. Come to think of it, the Egbas did it and all they did was to serve there own people alone and not the entire state, so also are the Ijebus. The word equality only resurected in Ogun state when OGD became the Governor and the contitution of our country states that an individual can only occupy an executive office only twice and OGD would have done that come 2011 which means the Yewa should be able to have the chance as well.

I'm very sure u can recall those days of the Babangidas, the Abachas and so on, if you are a bonafied Yoruba man, the june 12 we all talk about today came into being simply because the Yorubas felt marginalised in terms of producing the Ruler of the country and thought the Yorubas should prodec the president after close to 2 decades of the Hausa rulling the country and trust me, there is no way you can talk about democracy in Nigeria today without mentioning june12 which means the said june 12 or let me say Hope'93 was a good initiative which is almost exactly what the Yewas and the Aworis are doing now.

Even the Ex-president knows it as well that it high time the people of Yewa/Awori ruled the state and that was why he tried presenting Chief Olalekan Ishola Ojo to stand againt OGD in the 2007 primaries but to be honnest, OGD deserved his second mandate and that was why the people of Yewa/Awori gave it to him.

I guess you are from either the Egba or the Ijebu divisions of the state if you are from ogun state at all and if that is right in anyway, I'll like to trow this question to you: why do you think the call ogun state the Gateway state and where do you think is the income hub of the state when it comes to trading, agriculture, ,iniral resources and so on?[/b]
Re: Ogun Politics For The Yewa's (former Egbado) Come 2011 by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 02, 2008
mr rasaq, note that in the post above, the phrase "great one " represent the religion of peace(islam) I wrote the religion but for some reasons not known to me, it came out as great one in the post.
Re: Ogun Politics For The Yewa's (former Egbado) Come 2011 by abdurrazaq(m): 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2008
@omooronna,
Good luck then, all I was just saying is that whoever occupy the office should be in the interest of the State as a whole. On a second thought, may be the leadership role should not be for certain set of people as it is used to be in the past. Though, I am not a Yewa man but, I sincerely wish you (the Yewas) good luck in the coming election and hopefully, Ogun State will not regret having your representative as a leader.

Long live Ogun State. cool

omooronna:

mr rasaq, note that in the post above, the phrase "great one " represent the religion of peace(the great religion) I wrote the religion but for some reasons not known to me, it came out as great one in the post.

I understand that very well. Those changes are done on nairaland to avoid religious conflicts.
Re: Ogun Politics For The Yewa's (former Egbado) Come 2011 by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 10, 2008
Now talking Mr Rasaq,

I do agree with you on the fact thatwhoever become the Governor of Ogun state come2011 should have the interest of the whole state in mind and not just that of his/her own people alone and as an aboriginal of Yewaland, my veiw is actually based on my interest in the development of the state. What I mean by this is that I want the state to continue living together in harmony and the only way we can do this is by letting eveyone in the state have this feelings and senses of belonging and trust me, if for the nearly three decades of existence of this state, no one from a particular region of the state had ruled the state, the said region will definitely conclude that they have been sidelined or marginalized and all they can do to stop that is by voicing out which is what we the Yewas are doing now.
Thanks alot for your interest anyway, Mr Rasaq
Re: Ogun Politics For The Yewa's (former Egbado) Come 2011 by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 10, 2008
yewa-man, where are you, lets get this forum going,

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The Fashola Phenomenon In Lagos State / Will EFCC Seize The 2-4 Million-pound Apt That Muttalab ''Bought' For His Son? / Death Toll Now 460 In Jos Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.