Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,411 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

The Hypocrisy Of The IGP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hypocrisy Of The IGP (710 Views)

IGP Arase, Obi, Ahmed, Others May Be Sacked- Daily Trust / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To The Igp's Statement. / "Leaked" Apc Formal Complaint To The Icc, The Igp, The Uk And Us High Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Hypocrisy Of The IGP by HammedSodiqq: 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
Increasingly, events in the country have revealed the inspector general's incompetence, inefficiency, tolerance for crime, complicity in illegality and enormous capacity for mischief. Most recently, his position on the illegally acquired weapons for vigilante groups in Zamfara state is yet to be ascertained, as reports suggest that the IG was induced into issuing approval for the purchase of the weapon.

Recall that the zamfara state governor was quoted as saying that he is waiting for police approval to distribute arms already acquired to vigilante groups in the state, despite subsisting ban on the purchase and issuance of weapon and license respectively. The governor claimed that the state partnered with a security agency (OBVIOUSLY THE NPF) to procure arms for youths in the state, a move he claimed was aimed at assisting security agencies in combating crime.

The twist however came when the IG reportedly denied having fore knowledge of the weapons, despites statement issued yesterday by Frank MBA. Mba disclosed that the police has commenced investigation into the procurement and proposed arming of vigilante groups. The statement further indicated that the arms were actually purchased in 2012, and are currently in the custody of the police. That the IGP is aware of the issue but kept quiet until the issue came up in the floor of the senate. And that the governor bribed the IG but he rejected the offer.

Now let's ask Mr. IG some questions. How did the weapons enter the country? Who authorized the purchase? If the IG knew the weapons arrived the country since last year, why did he shroud it in secrecy? Isn't that an indicator of complicity? Where are the weapons now? If the weapons were acquired illegally, why has he not prosecute the criminals? Was the weapon not meant to prosecute the 2015 gubernatorial election in the state? What is the gurantee that the weapons are safe and still intact? Isn't the IG becoming part of our security palaver? Join ur voice lets fight crime
Re: The Hypocrisy Of The IGP by akpanoka: 1:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
I just read that report in Punch http://www.punchng.com/news/police-probe-source-of-arms-for-zamfara-guards/

Let's not forget that the IG is from zamfara too. All the governor needs to do to move the arms in to the country is ranka dei dei (2x)
He has failed. The police college, unprofessional conduct by his men especially in the area of weapon handling, Zamfara weapon, the rivers state saga, etc are enough for him t sit up. or has the situation overwhelmed him? Gradually the soldiers have taken over their responsibilities. And I heard he was confirmed recently as the IG. Ok ooo.

1st to ....
I meant dance azonto

(1) (Reply)

A Call For Genuine Sovereign National Conference – Gani Fawehinmi / My US Visa Has Just Been Renewed, Ex-vp Tells Ex-president Home » Featured » My / Pictures From The Lagos Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.