Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Nokia Lumia 1020...41 Megapixels Flagship Cameraphone From Nokia - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Lumia 1020...41 Megapixels Flagship Cameraphone From Nokia (1514 Views)

A Nairalander And His Girlfriend Win Lumia Phones From Nokia (Photos) / How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry / Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia Lumia 1020...41 Megapixels Flagship Cameraphone From Nokia by texazzpete(m): 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2013

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/11/4513556/nokia-lumia-1020-release-date-specifications-features

Nokia is making its Lumia 1020 handset official on Thursday. The Finnish smartphone maker has just unveiled its latest flagship Windows Phone on stage at an event in New York. The Lumia 1020 is a big upgrade over Nokia's previous Windows Phone efforts for one reason alone: a 41-megapixel camera. Nokia is taking its PureView 808 sensor from its Symbian days and adding a number of enhancements to bring it to Windows Phone.

The 41-megapixel Pureview sensor includes optical image stabilization, 6-lens Zeiss optics, and a xenon flash, making it the centerpiece for the rear of the phone. It can shoot still images at 38-megapixel in 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. At the same time as it captures the high-resolution images, it also takes an oversampled 5-megapixel image using the sensor that can then be easily shared thanks to its smaller file size. The Lumia 1020 supports 1080p video capture, complete with 4x zoom and up to 6x at 720p. Nokia is releasing a Pro Camera app with the Lumia 1020 to take advantage of the sensor and manually adjust flash, focus, ISO, white balance, shutter speed, and exposure. It also includes a number of editing functions to crop and alter photos. Nokia is bundling a leather wrist strap with the Lumia 1020, making it even more point-and-shoot-like, but a optional Camera Grip accessory provides a casing for the device with extra battery, a shutter button, and even a tripod mount.
Re: Nokia Lumia 1020...41 Megapixels Flagship Cameraphone From Nokia by texazzpete(m): 4:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
Excellent low light performance and image stabilization

Re: Nokia Lumia 1020...41 Megapixels Flagship Cameraphone From Nokia by texazzpete(m): 6:26pm On Jul 11, 2013
Re: Nokia Lumia 1020...41 Megapixels Flagship Cameraphone From Nokia by RedCard1(m): 6:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
texazzpete:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/11/4513556/nokia-lumia-1020-release-date-specifications-features

Nokia is making its Lumia 1020 handset official on Thursday. The Finnish smartphone maker has just unveiled its latest flagship Windows Phone on stage at an event in New York. The Lumia 1020 is a big upgrade over Nokia's previous Windows Phone efforts for one reason alone: a 41-megapixel camera. Nokia is taking its PureView 808 sensor from its Symbian days and adding a number of enhancements to bring it to Windows Phone.

The 41-megapixel Pureview sensor includes optical image stabilization, 6-lens Zeiss optics, and a xenon flash, making it the centerpiece for the rear of the phone. It can shoot still images at 38-megapixel in 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. At the same time as it captures the high-resolution images, it also takes an oversampled 5-megapixel image using the sensor that can then be easily shared thanks to its smaller file size. The Lumia 1020 supports 1080p video capture, complete with 4x zoom and up to 6x at 720p. Nokia is releasing a Pro Camera app with the Lumia 1020 to take advantage of the sensor and manually adjust flash, focus, ISO, white balance, shutter speed, and exposure. It also includes a number of editing functions to crop and alter photos. Nokia is bundling a leather wrist strap with the Lumia 1020, making it even more point-and-shoot-like, but a optional Camera Grip accessory provides a casing for the device with extra battery, a shutter button, and even a tripod mount.
are you now calling it a phone or a camera? From all you have written up there, it shows that the only good thing about the phone is the camera. Pls tell me if Nokia just produced the best camera or best phone.
Re: Nokia Lumia 1020...41 Megapixels Flagship Cameraphone From Nokia by omoboy08(m): 6:59pm On Jul 11, 2013
it's a record breaking phone. This ain't symbian OS again.
Re: Nokia Lumia 1020...41 Megapixels Flagship Cameraphone From Nokia by texazzpete(m): 7:38pm On Jul 11, 2013
Red_Card: are you now calling it a phone or a camera? From all you have written up there, it shows that the only good thing about the phone is the camera. Pls tell me if Nokia just produced the best camera or best phone.

Not my fault if you struggle with comprehending simple written English. I'd have thought the initial blurb was clear enough...or at least you could take time out to follow the source link.
Re: Nokia Lumia 1020...41 Megapixels Flagship Cameraphone From Nokia by ciphoenix: 7:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
The naming convention though. 1020 sounds wierd cheesy cheesy
Re: Nokia Lumia 1020...41 Megapixels Flagship Cameraphone From Nokia by mj(m): 7:48pm On Jul 11, 2013
The part i like most "shoot first, zoom later" without sacrificing image quality.
Re: Nokia Lumia 1020...41 Megapixels Flagship Cameraphone From Nokia by ciphoenix: 8:35pm On Jul 11, 2013
mj: The part i like most "shoot first, zoom later" without sacrificing image quality.
a potent weapon indeed
Re: Nokia Lumia 1020...41 Megapixels Flagship Cameraphone From Nokia by LordReed(m): 1:21am On Jul 12, 2013
Re: Nokia Lumia 1020...41 Megapixels Flagship Cameraphone From Nokia by LordReed(m): 1:52am On Jul 12, 2013
Still not sold on the whole WP8 experience. Winmo6.5 left a very sour taste in my mouth that WP7 did not alleviate very much so I have lingering issues with the platform. I sincerely wish to see something attractive about it but a 41MP camera ain't it.
Re: Nokia Lumia 1020...41 Megapixels Flagship Cameraphone From Nokia by jedisco(m): 6:26am On Jul 12, 2013
Lord_Reed: Still not sold on the whole WP8 experience. Winmo6.5 left a very sour taste in my mouth that WP7 did not alleviate very much so I have lingering issues with the platform. I sincerely wish to see something attractive about it but a 41MP camera ain't it.

So what do you think would make it attractive?
Re: Nokia Lumia 1020...41 Megapixels Flagship Cameraphone From Nokia by LordReed(m): 7:13am On Jul 12, 2013
jedisco:

So what do you think would make it attractive?

Hmmm hard to say. I think it just needs that lil something, the wow factor if you will. Apple has the app store, Android has customisation, BlackBerry had bbm, WP8 needs its own. Maybe Nokia maps or Xbox gaming can do it but they've got to have something.

What's the state of the WP8 app store these days?

(1) (Reply)

Help With Psiphon Settings / Redmi Note 3 3gb Metal Body 4000mah Battery Fingerprint Sensor 4g Smartphone / Gionee M5 Mini Or Lenovo Vibe Pm1? Experience User Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.