Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,304 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m (2068 Views)

Oyo State Bans Arsuna Islamic Sect / The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) / I Dont Think Ahmadiyya Are Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by Backslider(m): 4:37pm On May 20, 2008
AMONG OLABOWALE AND BABS787 Seems to be an Ahmadiyyat

The Gospel of Barnabas

Ahmadiyya

In India around the year 1879 a Muslim, Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (1835-1908), came to believe that he had been chosen by God as a reformer of Islam. He established his own movement, Ahmadiyyat, and very soon promulgated many changes to the beliefs of orthodox Muslims. He believed that he himself was the Mahdi - the reviver of Islam and the second coming of Jesus in the Spirit. Orthodox Muslims were incensed but could not stop him. According to Ahmadiyya sources there are about twelve million adherents of this sect in the world today.

Ahmad, influenced perhaps by western philosophies, announced a new doctrine, foreign to Islam, that Jesus had indeed been crucified. He went on to claim that Jesus was rescued from the cross in a state of collapse, recovered in secret, and after passing through India he reached Kashmir, where he died at the age of one hundred and twenty. Ahmad argued vociferously against orthodox Muslims, saying: "Those Muslims who believe Jesus to be in heaven in his physical body, are guilty of uttering an absurdity against the Qur'an." It is surprising, however, to find that Ahmad and his followers support this gospel of Barnabas. He wrote, "the gospel of Barnabas, which contains the prophecy about the latter day prophet, is declared by Christians to be forged, because it contains a clear prophecy about the Holy prophet." He gives two reasons why Christians reject this gospel: —"that the book or the story happens to contradict the Gospels in use;" and "that the book or the story happens to agree with the Holy Qur’an" [1]. To what extent the gospel of Barnabas is in conflict with the Qur'an is discussed in the In Conflict with Islam section. So, how does this gospel compare with the Ahmadiyya sect?

The Ahmadiyya movement believes that their leader was a prophet of God after Muhammad. In contrast this gospel states that "there shall not come after him true prophets sent by God, but there shall come a great number of false prophets, " (Barnabas, chapter 97).

The gospel of Barnabas relates the stories of the healing of the sick and the raising of the dead by Jesus. The Ahmadiyya movement does not believe in these miracles. Mirza Ahmad wrote in one of his books, ", a thing which is not possible for the Holy prophet (Muhammad) - the best of prophets , how can it be so for the Messiah (Jesus)!" [2]

This Gospel denies Jesus the title of Messiah and yet the Ahmadiyya accept it as a fact, as seen from the above quote.

Mirza Ahmad is very suspicious about the authenticity of the four gospel accounts in the New Testament. He says that these gospels contain many things which show that they have not been preserved in their original form. For example, he refers to Luke 7:36-50 and comments that no prophet "had ever set such an example of freedom that he would allow an impure and adulterous woman, a noted sinner, to touch his body with her hands, to let her rub oil into his head - bought out of her immoral gains - and to rub her hair on his feet, " [3].

On this he bases his conclusion that the four gospels are not in their authentic form. Yet the very same story is recounted in the gospel of Barnabas (Barnabas, chapters 129-130).

Mirza Ahmad believes that just as John the Baptist was Elijah in the spirit, (Matthew 11:14;17:12), so he himself is Jesus in the spirit. Where does he get his knowledge of John the Baptist being Elijah in the Spirit? Certainly not from the Qur’an because it does not mention him being Elijah and certainly not from the "one true gospel" - the gospel of Barnabas where the Baptist is never once mentioned. He took it from the Bible (Malachi 4), which he says he does not believe.

This Gospel says that Judas was crucified in the place of Jesus, while the Ahmadiyya movement believe that it was really Jesus. Further, this Gospel would have us believe that Jesus was taken into heaven bodily before the crucifixion, while the Ahmadiyya believe that he was crucified but did not die on the cross. They say, ", it is impossible for us to think that Jesus the Messiah is alive in heaven while Muhammad, our Holy prophet lies buried in the earth. We cannot think so, " [4]. So, as in the case of the orthodox Muslims, the Ahmadiyya movement is in a very precarious position, if they depend on this gospel to confirm Mirza Ahmad’s teachings.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by Frizy(m): 5:19pm On May 20, 2008
Backslider:

AMONG OLABOWALE AND BABS787 Seems to be an Ahmadiyyat

Please kindly be more specific.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by olabowale(m): 3:08am On May 21, 2008
@Backslider: You are wrong, again. I am not an Ahmadiyyan. My last prophet and Messenger was M.uh.ammad (as).
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by Backslider(m): 7:43am On May 21, 2008
@Olabowale

forgive me ok Let us discuss the substantive topic.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by shawn123: 4:54pm On May 21, 2008
undecided i though Benabas was the blind appostle of Jesus, who was one of the companions of Jesus
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by naijacutee(f): 10:45am On May 23, 2008
We humans are so creative. . .
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by babs787(m): 9:18pm On Jun 18, 2008
Where is backslider now?
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by miftaudeen(m): 12:48pm On Feb 09, 2011
becareful and be aware my brothers and sisters in islam.Ahmadiyah groups are not a muslim,they are kufr(unbeliver).
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 10, 2011
Stop calling muslims kufar,its only WHEN A MUSLIM DESERT SALAT THAT MAKES HIM/HER KUFR.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by vedaxcool(m): 12:51pm On Feb 11, 2011
^^^^^^

wrong certain belief nullifies one's shada, if ALLAH proclaims something we should not claim the contrary, If Allah Proclaims Muhammad to be the last messenger and that Islam is complete no individual no matter how pious he thinks he is should claim the opposite though i would advise we should not be in a haste to Kafirize people with un accepatble doctrines, instead we should defeat their falsehood with the truth.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by miftaudeen(m): 8:17pm On Feb 11, 2011
i'm not intentionally called them kufr but the conspiracy of the scholars in 1979 that passed fatwa that they are kufr.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by thehijj(m): 12:33am On Dec 31, 2011
I love the Ahmadiyyas for all the gr8 work they have done in east Africa with building of masajid, hospitals-schools and translating the QUR'AN into local languages such ans Kiswahili unlike arab and African sunnis doing the slave trade.

In addition to that the Ahmediyyas gr8 work here in the USA suppling QUR'ANS to the Nation of Islam.

I would join the Ahmediyyas, but I no longer accept anybodies Hadiths (no hadith no confusion only QUR'AN alhamduILLAH).
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by thehijj(m): 8:21am On Dec 31, 2011
Surah: 109

1. Say: 'O religious Bigots,

2. I do not worship what you worship,

3. Nor do you worship what I worship.

4. Nor am I worshiping what you have worshipped

5. Neither will you worship what I worship.

6. To you your religion, and to me my Religion

KUFFAR =UNBELIEVER
KAAFIR= RELIGIOUS BIGOT

most Sunnis and fundamentalist Christians are RELIGIOUS BIGOTS ie. kaafireen
there are many WORDS in the QUR'AN sunnis have made slight changes to the meaning to trick the people
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by deols(f): 8:00pm On Dec 31, 2011
hehehe! wat is happening here?
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by BetaThings: 8:28pm On Dec 31, 2011
thehijj:

I love the Ahmadiyyas for all the gr8 work they have done in east Africa with building of masajid, hospitals-schools and translating the QUR'AN into local languages such ans Kiswahili unlike arab and African sunnis doing the slave trade.

In addition to that the  Ahmediyyas gr8 work here in the USA  suppling QUR'ANS to the Nation of Islam.

I would join the  Ahmediyyas, but I no longer accept anybodies Hadiths (no hadith no confusion only QUR'AN alhamduILLAH).

So how do you practise what the Qur'an commands without the ahadeeth?
How do you make ablution? call people to prayer, observe the rites of fasting, zakat etc?
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by BetaThings: 8:40pm On Dec 31, 2011
thehijj:

KUFFAR =UNBELIEVER
KAAFIR= RELIGIOUS BIGOT

there are many WORDS in the QUR'AN sunnis have made slight changes to the meaning to trick the people

A bigot is intolerant of the view of others
You think Americans believe in communism? Why are they opposed to polygamy but love 3-somes etc which they now tag poly amorous relationship
homo.sexuality is also right and they want to sell the idea to people who are culturally opposed to it. Is that not bigotry?

And you are misinterpreting words = Kaafir is singular
Calling sunnis kaafireen might make you a kaafir too. Be careful
Tell us the changes made to the qur'an

and BTW can we discuss the acts of kufr done by Ghulam Ahmad?
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by thehijj(m): 9:54pm On Dec 31, 2011
"A bigot is intolerant of the view of others
You think Americans believe in communism? Why are they opposed to polygamy but love 3-somes etc which they now tag poly amorous relationship"
homo.sexuality is also right and they want to sell the idea to people who are culturally opposed to it. Is that not bigotry?

What has NOT been talked about much is the Indian-Pakistani Sunnis love for cutting off little boys ORGANS to make them into HIJRAS _second class citizen manmade woman. While at the same time making GOD made woman into THIRD class citizens,

"And you are misinterpreting words = Kaafir is singular
Tell us the changes made to the qur'an "

MISTRANSLATED WORDS FROM THE ORTHODOX SUNNI MUSLIMS;
ABDU =                          WORSHIPER                                               NOT      SLAVE
KAFIIR=                          DENIER OF FREEDOM TO WORSHIP      NOT      UNBELEIVER
3LAHMIN=                     RELM OF KNOWLEDGE                           NOT       WORLDS
DUNYA=                         WORLD                                                      NOT       3LAHMIIN
ARDI=                             EARTH                                                        NOT       3LAHMIIN
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by thehijj(m): 10:00pm On Dec 31, 2011
"So how do you practise what the Qur'an commands without the ahadeeth?
How do you make ablution? call people to prayer, observe the rites of fasting, zakat etc"

31:6 Among the people, there are those who uphold baseless Hadith, and thus divert others from the path of ALLAH without knowledge, and take it in vain. These have incurred a shameful retribution.

68 (:35 to: 43) Shall we treat the Muslims like the criminals? What is wrong with your logic? Do you have another book (Hadith) to uphold?  In it, do you find anything you want? Or, have you received solemn assurances from us that grant you whatever you wish on the Day of Resurrection? Ask them, "Who guarantees (Bukhari?) this for you?" Do they have idols (Al-Ula, Al-Wusta, and Aqabah)? Let their idols help them, if they are truthful. The day will come when they will be exposed, and they will be required to fall prostrate, but they will be unable to. With their eyes subdued, humiliation will cover them. They were invited to fall prostrate when they were whole and able

68:44 Therefore, let Me deal with those who reject this Hadith (Quran); we will lead them on whence they never perceive.
فَذَرْنِي وَمَن يُكَذِّبُ بِهَذَا الْحَدِيثِ سَنَسْتَدْرِجُهُم مِّنْ حَيْثُ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by deols(f): 10:33pm On Dec 31, 2011
can ds thread die a natural one pls
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by thehijj(m): 2:56pm On Jan 02, 2012
No, wait! some Ahmeddiyyas think Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) in mentioned in the Hindu  Vedas also,here goes::

Mahamada (Mohammad),

Shri Suta Gosvami said: In the dynasty of king Shalivahana, there were ten kings who went to the heavenly planets after ruling for over 500 years. Then gradually the morality declined on the earth. At that time Bhojaraja was the tenth of the kings on the earth. When he saw that the moral law of conduct was declining he went to conquer all the directions of his country with ten-thousand soldiers commanded by Kalidasa. He crossed the river Sindhu and conquered over the gandharas, mlecchas, shakas, kasmiris, naravas and sathas. He punished them and collected a large ammount of wealth. Then the king went along with Mahamada (Mohammad), the preceptor of mleccha-dharma, and his followers to the great god, Lord Shiva, situated in the desert.

Suta Goswami said: After hearing the king’s prayers, Lord Shiva said: O king Bhojaraja, you should go to the place called Mahakakshvara, that land is called Vahika and now is being contaminated by the mlecchas. In that terrible country there no longer exists dharma. There was a mystic demon named Tripura, whom I have already burnt to ashes, he has come again by the order of Bali. He has no origin but he achieved a benediction from me. His name is Mahamada and his deeds are like that of a ghost. Therefore, O king, you should not go to this land of the evil ghosts. By my mercy your intelligence will be purified. Hearing this the king came back to his country, 

That city is known as their site of pilgrimage, a place which was Madina or free from intoxication. Having a form of a ghost (Bhuta), The symptoms of my followers will be that they first of all will cut their genitals, have no shikha, but having beard, Therefore, they will be known as musalman.

The intelligent king, Bhojaraj established the language of Sanskrit in three varnas - the brahmanas, kshatriyas and vaisyas - and for the shudras he established prakrita-bhasha, the ordinary language spoken by common men. After ruling his kingdom for 50 years, he went to the heavenly planet. The moral laws established by him were honored even by the demigods. The arya-varta, the pious land is situated between Vindhyacala and Himacala or the mountains known as Vindhya and Himalaya. The Aryans reside there, but varna-sankaras reside on the lower part of Vindhya. The musalman people were kept on the other side of the river Sindhu

These are tributaries of the ganges in india
Zam zam water is part of ganges
River jordan is part of ganges
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by phartye(m): 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2012
thehijj:

KUFFAR =UNBELIEVER
KAAFIR= RELIGIOUS BIGOT

thehijj:

"A bigot is intolerant of the view of others
You think Americans believe in communism? Why are they opposed to polygamy but love 3-somes etc which they now tag poly amorous relationship"

What has NOT been talked about much is the Indian-Pakistani Sunnis love for cutting off little boys ORGANS to make them into HIJRAS _second class citizen manmade woman. While at the same time making GOD made woman into THIRD class citizens,

"And you are misinterpreting words = Kaafir is singular
Tell us the changes made to the qur'an "

MISTRANSLATED WORDS FROM THE ORTHODOX SUNNI MUSLIMS;
ABDU =                          WORSHIPER                                               NOT      SLAVE
KAFIIR=                          DENIER OF FREEDOM TO WORSHIP      NOT      UNBELEIVER
3LAHMIN=                     RELM OF KNOWLEDGE                           NOT       WORLDS
DUNYA=                         WORLD                                                      NOT       3LAHMIIN
ARDI=                             EARTH                                                        NOT       3LAHMIIN 

I seek refuge in Allah from every wrongs and fallacies dat U've said above, whether mistakingly or intentionally, those dat U've reveal and as well conceal. U've no right to utter things against people unless U've concrete & verifyable proofs, rather fear d fire! I pray Allah rectify our shortcomings and make us better Muslims. Amen. Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) has spoken saying the only saved muslims on d day of judgement are those, who are upon what he and his companions are upon. My question for is are the Ahmadiyyah upon what the Prophet(s.a.w) and his companions(r.a) are upon? With evidences!
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by deols(f): 7:06pm On Jan 03, 2012
phartye:

I seek refuge in Allah from every wrongs and fallacies dat U've said above, whether mistakingly or intentionally, those dat U've reveal and as well conceal. U've no right to utter things against people unless U've concrete & verifyable proofs, rather fear d fire! I pray Allah rectify our shortcomings and make us better Muslims. Amen. Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) has spoken saying the only saved muslims on d day of judgement are those, who are upon what he and his companions are upon. My question for is are the Ahmadiyyah upon what the Prophet(s.a.w) and his companions(r.a) are upon? With evidences!

very good response uv given.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by thehijj(m): 7:55am On Jan 04, 2012
phartye:

Almost any video on you tube about Muslim and Hijra's not hijrah ,the one on Daily Motion called: hindusalaam_0001 is not the best,but is the most graphic.

ON Tripusura : see You Tube: "Is Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) prophesied in Hindu Scriptures? -- Dr.Zakir Naik"

in Hindu Books jesuse is known as ISHA PUTRA and a JINN is called ASURA. hummmmmmm?
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by phartye(m): 5:57pm On Jan 04, 2012
sad undecided cry
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m by thehijj(m): 6:28pm On Jan 04, 2012
miftaudeen (m)
lagos,nigeria

miftaudeen:

becareful and be aware my brothers and sisters in islam.Ahmadiyah groups are not a muslim,they are kufr(unbeliver).

When something is blown up and people and their children are murdered by Islamic terrorist in the name of Allah,
The Moderate Sunni and Shia Muslims are quick to Say;
“Oh, the people who did that are not really Muslims”

And when Ahmadiyya and Submitter Muslims, Say “We too are victims of Islamic terrorism”

The Moderate Sunni and Shia Muslims are quick to Say; “Oh, those people who said that are not really Muslims”

Well then, are The Moderate Orthodox Muslims, really Islamic terrorist sympathizers

(1) (Reply)

Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad / Can Prophet Come From Arabia? The Bible Speaks / Why Allah's Reconciliation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.