Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months (22443 Views)

Three Nigerians Arrested At Sham Wedding In Britain / British Police Stop Sham Marriage Between Nigerian Student And Hungarian Woman / UK Sham Marriage...a Lesson For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by ESULAALU: 3:58pm On Jul 12, 2013
mastersr95:

Its a pity to see people like you open their mouth and talk trash. There is unemployment everywhere in the world. In this same Nigeria that you talking about the Unemployment rate, few people still get jobs. Y'all talk about abroad like its paradise. Please be honest and tell us the kind of work you do for a living in USA. (probably flipping burgers at burger king or cleaning job) but you will refuse to do this same job in your Home country.

If that your friend that finish his Masters in UK and return to Nigeria is still looking for job after 2years.. why dont you advice him to start something on his own with all the exposure he had in UK... only because his too dumb to think for himself after 2yrs.

Coz your friend did masters in UK, so that means he should automatically be offered a job when he get to Nigeria? I have a friend that got a degree in Computer science in UK but don't know how to install Operating System on her laptop.. Are you telling me that kind of person should automatically get a Job when he gets to Nigeria? What does that kind of person has to offer the company thats going to employ her?

You said Nigeria is hell but people still build houses everyday. Where are those people making the money from? I guess its coz they have brain in their head.

You are so quick to condemn the guy who stated the facts as it is in Nigeria,the truth is surely bitter.

Did you see the highlighted fields? Compare your argument to that of the other guy whom you are challenging,its more than obvious that quality is important.Its one of the million reasons why people like Jaiye would think twice before coming back to Nigeria. You keep clamouring for Nigeria being a better place, always so quick to batter people based abroad but what effort have we made to even develop the Nigeria sef? Its an obviously overflogged fact that Nigeria is what it has become, if you had the opportunity to relocate to this same UK I bet you would be singing a different song entirely.

Moral Lesson, ''only the shoe wearer knows where it pinches'' and by the way, if he flips burgers in McD or Burger King you can be rest assured he has got job security unlike in Nigeria where oga pickin fit slap employee because she resemble the girlfriend of the ex wey jilt am amongst several other exmaples.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by mastersr95(m): 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
ogakpatakpata: @masters95.......you can make your points known without the use of abusive and foul language.

Sorry everyone...i just get irritated by people like this guy, just coz you have a fast internet doesn't mean you should come and be posting lies on here and mislead people... I read one of his post that he was talking about giving his brother 3million naira to start up a business in Nigeria. You want to give someone #3,000,000? $18,000 ? £12,000? How long have you been in US? what do you for a living?

Ofcourse you can make that money in a short time if you selling drugs or doing Yahoo Yahoo which you should be ready to go to jail if you get caught. But saying you doing a decent job and wants to give someone 3 million naira? Without knowing who you are, I'm confidently saying you are lying. unless you do one of the job i mention above.

Please people like you have mislead people like me already, Don't corrupt the next generation with your lies. any kid on here that see you talking about giving out 3 million naira might start thinking life is sweet in abroad. Maybe you need to say the kind of job you do when you make comment on here.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by wayodude(m): 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2013
MiloRambaldi:

It's still home to 160million. Ur point?

Point is it is not the sort of home anyone will deep down inside proudly claim even though alot of peeps would say different in public. It is not the sort of home anyone will want to go back to in a hurry...if they dont have to.

Abi na lie i talk?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by Skywalker5(m): 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
mastersr95:

Sorry everyone...i just get irritated by people like this guy, just coz you have a fast internet doesn't mean you should come and be posting lies on here and mislead people... I read one of his post that he was talking about giving his brother 3million naira to start up a business in Nigeria. You want to give someone #3,000,000? $18,000 ? £12,000? How long have you been in US? what do you for a living?

Ofcourse you can make that money in a short time if you selling drugs or doing Yahoo Yahoo which you should be ready to go to jail if you get caught. But saying you doing a decent job and wants to give someone 3 million naira? Without knowing who you are, I'm confidently saying you are lying. unless you do one of the job i mention above.

Please people like you have mislead people like me already, Don't corrupt the next generation with your lies. any kid on here that see you talking about giving out 3 million naira might start thinking life is sweet in abroad. Maybe you need to say the kind of job you do when you make comment on here.

Well, its not everyone that the shoe is pinching abroad. Just because most people you know are not making a lot financially should not make you generalize. How sure are you he is not making good money? seems you think £12000 is a lot of money for him to help his family.

You said you have been misled so that means you are abroad or have stayed there for a while. Are you saying you did not meet anyone who is financially okay during your stay there?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by wayodude(m): 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2013
Sky-walker:

Well, its not everyone that the shoe is pinching abroad. Just because most people you know are not making a lot financially should not make you generalize. How sure are you he is not making good money? seems you think £12000 is a lot of money for him to help his family.

You said you have been misled so that means you are abroad or have stayed there for a while. Are you saying you did not meet anyone who is financially okay during your stay there?

£12,000 cash is big money in the UK. Very big!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by mastersr95(m): 4:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
ESULAALU:

You are so quick to condemn the guy who stated the facts as it is in Nigeria,the truth is surely bitter.

Did you see the highlighted fields? Compare your argument to that of the other guy whom you are challenging,its more than obvious that quality is important.Its one of the million reasons why people like Jaiye would think twice before coming back to Nigeria. You keep clamouring for Nigeria being a better place, always so quick to batter people based abroad but what effort have we made to even develop the Nigeria sef? Its an obviously overflogged fact that Nigeria is what it has become, if you had the opportunity to relocate to this same UK I bet you would be singing a different song entirely.

Moral Lesson, ''only the shoe wearer knows where it pinches'' and by the way, if he flips burgers in McD or Burger King you can be rest assured he has got job security unlike in Nigeria where oga pickin fit slap employee because she resemble the girlfriend of the ex wey jilt am amongst several other exmaples.

Lool look at what you saying? oga pickin slap employee... i cant help but to laugh. if you read my post very well you will see where i said ''we all know Nigeria is not good'' But what i'm saying is that You guys should not come on here and be lying to us that you living large in abroad. and for your information i live in london so i definitely know what am talking about
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by Skywalker5(m): 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2013
wayodude:

I am not saying its not big but there are people who can afford to help their family with that kind of money. I know people who are contractors in UK who earn very good money. But this people don collect their Parlie and they have been security cleared and they get paid very well. To them £12,000 to help their family is not really their problem.
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by mastersr95(m): 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2013
wayodude:

Leave them, They will come on here and lie they have that kind of money sitting in their bank account

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by wayodude(m): 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
Sky-walker:

I am not saying its not big but there are people who can afford to help their family with that kind of money. I know people who are contractors in UK who earn very good money. But this people don collect their Parlie and they have been security cleared

Yes there are people who earn alot of money here, even me cheesy

But seriously speaking i dont have hard statistics but the percentage of Nigerians here who can 'help' their family with £12,000 in one go must be very very very small. If it was a question of sending money home to invest or build something then yea i'll find it easier to agree. You get me?
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by Skywalker5(m): 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2013
wayodude:

Yes there are people who earn alot of money here, even me cheesy

But seriously speaking i dont have hard statistics but the percentage of Nigerians here who can 'help' their family with £12,000 in one go must be very very very small. If it was a question of sending money home to invest or build something then yea i'll find it easier to agree. You get me?

Its not everyone that gets to earn a lot. Its like Naija also. Not everybody will be very rich but there are some who are making this money. check out contractors. i mention contractors because this guys make a lot of money after tax.i am talking about making £500 a day for contract jobs. try googling Security clearance jobs. Lots of Naija i know who stay in essex are doing this contract jobs and they making money and most of them are living well staying in the posh part of essex so helping families out is not an issue. Some even have their business
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by ceejayluv(m): 4:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
Demain_man: Insha Allahu! I will be back home in one year's time. For good! Whether i save enough or not. Obodo oyibo don tire me I swear!!
I pray you don't regret it though
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by ESULAALU: 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2013
mastersr95:

Lool look at what you saying? oga pickin slap employee... i cant help but to laugh. if you read my post very well you will see where i said ''we all know Nigeria is not good'' But what i'm saying is that You guys should not come on here and be lying to us that you living large in abroad. and for your information i live in london so i definitely know what am talking about

Seems like my example is lost on you, you just humoured me. That was a one off example of job insecurity in Nigeria. If you indeed live in London you would know better than to diss someone by saying they toss Burgers as a job because you would have realised that someone who tosses burger would go home rest assured they are coming back to their job tomorrow,compared to someone working in a bank who is not even sure what would happen to his or her job the next minute!

I often visit London and I once remember going to westfield stratford and with my very eyes,I saw an old man cleaning after people who were eating. There is dignity in labour and I have no right to mock or ridicule him because only he knows where the shoe hurts which explains why he is doing that job.I appreciated him and I said a prayer to the Lord on his behalf to give him all round rest which he deserves in his old age. Do you not see old women serve at tills in sainsburys,Asda( I know Tesco has more asians than the whole of all companies in London put together,lol). Do you not see people with disabilities in jobs? If you had to make a comparison with Nigeria is it the same situation that obtains?

My dear, you live in London right? Thank God for yourself and pray for other people who might not be comfortable enough to live the kind of life you might be living. I live in Nigeria but I love to visit on holidays, I might be lucky enough but other people might not be lucky as me just as there would be other people with more luck than me. All fingers are not equal so please be moderate in your criticisms because like I said earlier, only the shoe wearer knows where it pinches.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by Diasporan(m): 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2013
Sky-walker:

Bro like i said in my earlier post i know his type.He is reeling with frustration.I can't start telling the whole world how much i earn because of a disgruntled element.I have a couple of friends that earn that money he sees as big money monthly with a legitimate job.It all depends on the kind of people you move with.What do you expect from a frustrated yahoo yahoo boy?I will like to know him well so that next time when i come over for vacation in London to see my relatives he will see and know me in person.Some people here on NL tend to castigate people living abroad as if they all do menial jobs.I have friends who own multi dollar businesses without engaging in illegal deals.I have about four close friends one is a Federal Prosecutor,two Doctors in Therapy and a Medical Doctor all are Nigerians so go figure out the kind of person i am that i don't do Yahoo Yahoo.@mastersr95 Word on a marble for you "Man is a product of his own imagination".I sign out from this thread

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by ceejayluv(m): 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
mastersr95:

Dude, there are Nigerians worth millions of dollars in the USA .. LEGALLY ..
you should have asked how long he's stayed there and what business he's into....
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by saintandsinnerz: 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2013
Lol my greatest surprise stems from not the crime the three dudes committed, but not seeing anyone abusing and stereotyping their tribe! If it were to be Igbo men here will be filled with tribal slurs and hate language! #Ifyouliveinglasshouseneverthrowstone.
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by ESULAALU: 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
saintandsinnerz: Lol my greatest surprise stems from not the crime the three dudes committed, but not seeing anyone abusing and stereotyping their tribe! If it were to be Igbo men here will be filled with tribal slurs and hate language! #Ifyouliveinglasshouseneverthrowstone.

So because nobody has insulted their tribes you must instigate it right?
It is not hard to see you are evil.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by touchmeder: 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
such a shame alot better bringing the woman home and getting married to her in the court in Nigeria. better wait abit instead of trying to marry Polish or Romanian in the UK. that na bad market now lipsrsealed
such a shame for the young man
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by mastersr95(m): 4:39pm On Jul 12, 2013
Diasporan:
Bro like i said in my earlier post i know his type.He is reeling with frustration.I can't start telling the whole world how much i earn because of a disgruntled element.I have a couple of friends that earn that money he sees as big money monthly with a legitimate job.It all depends on the kind of people you move with.What do you expect from a frustrated yahoo yahoo boy?I will like to know him well so that next time when i come over for vacation in London to see my relatives he will see and know me in person.Some people here on NL tend to castigate people living abroad as if they all do menial jobs.I have friends who own multi dollar businesses without engaging in illegal deals.I have about four close friends one is a Federal Persecutor,two Doctors in Therapy and a Medical Doctor all are Nigerians so go figure out the kind of person i am that i don't do Yahoo Yahoo.Man is a product of his own imagination.Am off to here

Lool i'm actually laughing right now, The reason why i comment on your post is because i know people like you. I have alot of liars like you in uk. i make thousand of pounds in a week but i can honestly tell you is the source of the money. i know few people that are contractors and are living fine, but i know hundreds of people that go overdraft before the next payday.

I have alot of friend that live with me cuz they are homeless and cant got back to Nigeria, My point is over 80% of people living abroad are not really enjoying as people in Naija think they are. they all managing.

And for you, you claim you make millions of dollars with a genuine job and you always on Nairaland posting topics and stuffs? lol. who are you lying to? The only way you can have time for Nairaland like you do is if you own your own business. which i can bet with my life you dont cuz i know people like you. Fake people.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by wayodude(m): 4:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
Diasporan:
Bro like i said in my earlier post i know his type.He is reeling with frustration.I can't start telling the whole world how much i earn because of a disgruntled element.I have a couple of friends that earn that money he sees as big money monthly with a legitimate job.It all depends on the kind of people you move with.What do you expect from a frustrated yahoo yahoo boy?I will like to know him well so that next time when i come over for vacation in London to see my relatives he will see and know me in person.Some people here on NL tend to castigate people living abroad as if they all do menial jobs.I have friends who own multi dollar businesses without engaging in illegal deals.I have about four close friends one is a Federal Prosecutor,two Doctors in Therapy and a Medical Doctor all are Nigerians so go figure out the kind of person i am that i don't do Yahoo Yahoo.@mastersr95 Word on a marble for you "Man is a product of his own imagination".I sign out from this thread

Guy leave that thing. I dont know anyone who has given family 12,000 pounds as a one-off gift, saying take for 'help' lol. And yep, I work in the city, I used to be a contractor as well with red pali and all that jazz that people say make like easy here. Maybe im just tight. LoL
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by mastersr95(m): 4:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
ceejayluv:
Dude, there are Nigerians worth millions of dollars in the USA .. LEGALLY ..
you should have asked how long he's stayed there and what business he's into....

I know there are alot of Nigerians that worth millions of Naira, and i asked him how long he has been living in US. read the post very well. All i'm saying is you guys need to be real and come here to say things that are not true like everyone abroad is enjoying.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by mastersr95(m): 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
wayodude:

Guy leave that thing. I dont know anyone who has given family 12,000 pounds as a one-off gift, saying take for 'help' lol. And yep, I work in the city, I used to be a contractor as well with red pali and all that jazz that people say make like easy here. Maybe im just tight. LoL

Now this is a real person talking. We not saying people are not making money in abroad but majority are just managing. and to say He gives someone £12,000 just like that...common man you need to tell us what you do for a living
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by ceejayluv(m): 4:48pm On Jul 12, 2013
mastersr95:

Lool i'm actually laughing right now, The reason why i comment on your post is because i know people like you. I have alot of liars like you in uk. i make thousand of pounds in a week but i can honestly tell you is the source of the money. i know few people that are contractors and are living fine, but i know hundreds of people that go overdraft before the next payday.

I have alot of friend that live with me cuz they are homeless and cant got back to Nigeria, My point is over 80% of people living abroad are not really enjoying as people in Naija thought they are. they all managing.

And for you, you claim you make millions of dollars with a genuine job and you always on Nairaland posting topics and stuffs? lol. who are you lying to? The only way you can have time for Nairaland like you do is if you own your own business. which i can bet with my life you dont cuz i know people like you. Fake people.
Okay, you make thousands of pounds a week, are there no other Nigerians there earning higher? Can you just pack your bags tomorrow and head back to naija?
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by justwise(m): 4:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
mastersr95:

I have alot of friend that live with me cuz they are homeless and cant got back to Nigeria, My point is over 80% of people living abroad are not really enjoying as people in Naija thought they are. they all managing.

That is really primitive view, so people who spend time online got no job? or earn little?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by mastersr95(m): 4:54pm On Jul 12, 2013
justwise: [/b]

That is really primitive view, so people who spend time online got no job? or earn little?

Ofcourse thats not what i'm saying... But common we are all Nigerians if this guy truly make millions like he claim with a genuine job, his not going to be on here posting topics.

How many times have you seen Dangote or Adenuga here posting topic?
Even the richest you know personally is he on Nairaland posting topics?

Its just the basic true.
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by justwise(m): 4:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
mastersr95:

Ofcourse thats not what i'm saying... But common we are all Nigerians if this guy truly make millions like he claim with a genuine job, his not going to be on here posting topics.

How many times have you seen Dangote or Adenuga here posting topic?
Even the richest you know personally is he on Nairaland posting topics?

Its just the basic true.

Sorry what is your age range?
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by mastersr95(m): 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
ceejayluv:
Okay, you make thousands of pounds a week, are there no other Nigerians there earning higher? Can you just pack your bags tomorrow and head back to naija?

This is the point of my argument since. Ofcourse i can pack my bag and say i'm going back home tomorrow but i have LOADS of friends that cant dear to do that coz where are they going to start from when they get to Nigeria? This is what most honest Nigerians in UK will tell you apart from the very few contractors that makes good money.

What i'm saying is People like Diaspora should not come on here and mislead people that abroad is paradise.
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by mastersr95(m): 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2013
justwise:

Sorry what is your age range?

Age doesnt have anything to do with this... The truth is if you are ''RICH'' you wont have time to be on here posting topics unless you are a blogger or something like that. Take it or leave thats just the truth.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by bee444: 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
I still find it absurd that people still do this despite countless arrests that have been made recently. Registrars and Churches (Church of England) are now working with UKBA to report the faintness suspicion of any couple intending to marry.

Although Churches aren't meant to get involve in politics, UK Churches is an exception. And for students and any visa holder, you don't have to marry someone to regularize your stay in the UK or US, though that's the quickest option.

And if you ain't got any other option, then get involve in a serious relationship with a UK citizen or resident. Run from these Portugese ladies, most of them are already married to someone else, and needed extra money.

Finally, for Nigerians wishing to travel abroad, stop coming to the UK, not the best place for you guys. Go to Finland (Population just 5.3 Million) but with free education and fast settlement if you got a child). Although it's a bit expensive to live, there are however jobs and benefits available for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by justwise(m): 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
mastersr95:

Age doesnt have anything to do with this... The truth is if you are ''RICH'' you wont have time to be on here posting topics unless you are a blogger or something like that. Take it or leave thats just the truth.

Asked about your age because you are sounding like a teenager, not only bloggers who spend time online, a lot of people spend majority of their working time online. How many hours will it take such person to reply a post? logging on here does not mean that the person is seating in front of his or her desktop at home posting.

People who do night-shift can spend a lot of time online during the day and still make millions a year in naira equivalent.
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by Decryptor(m): 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2013
Look at his big head! Good Work UK border agency!! Continue catching "them" one by one. That's how "they" keep going to UK and disgrace Nigerians. From Health Insurance scam, to claiming 15yrs of age to sham marriage. Yeye people wey no dey tire.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo / Nigerians In Singapore Urgent Help From You / Five Die In Accident On Their Way To Kaduna (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.