Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,933 members, 7,952,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:26 PM

Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months (22519 Views)

Three Nigerians Arrested At Sham Wedding In Britain / British Police Stop Sham Marriage Between Nigerian Student And Hungarian Woman / UK Sham Marriage...a Lesson For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by ceejayluv(m): 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2013
mastersr95:

Age doesnt have anything to do with this... The truth is if you are ''RICH'' you wont have time to be on here posting topics unless you are a blogger or something like that. Take it or leave thats just the truth.
Yeah, right . There are no wealthy peeps that post on nairaland, right?
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by joyli: 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2013
God Bless America smiley smiley smiley anyday anytime!!

America far, far, far, far better!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by Inoknowbook: 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
mastersr95:

Sorry everyone...i just get irritated by people like this guy, just coz you have a fast internet doesn't mean you should come and be posting lies on here and mislead people... I read one of his post that he was talking about giving his brother 3million naira to start up a business in Nigeria. You want to give someone #3,000,000? $18,000 ? £12,000? How long have you been in US? what do you for a living?

Ofcourse you can make that money in a short time if you selling drugs or doing Yahoo Yahoo which you should be ready to go to jail if you get caught. But saying you doing a decent job and wants to give someone 3 million naira? Without knowing who you are, I'm confidently saying you are lying. unless you do one of the job i mention above.

Please people like you have mislead people like me already, Don't corrupt the next generation with your lies. any kid on here that see you talking about giving out 3 million naira might start thinking life is sweet in abroad. Maybe you need to say the kind of job you do when you make comment on here.

Ol'boy go siddon oo. No be every body be burger flipper for obodo oyibo oo. N3m na big money but no be big money, if u know what I mean. There are so many nigerians earning big bucks there oo. I know that for sure. So you think say na burger flippers dey remit almost $12b every year? While e tough for many, e get many others wey e no tough for. Those ones don pay their dues and they are now making big money. TRUST!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by saintandsinnerz: 5:33pm On Jul 12, 2013
ESULAALU:

So because nobody has insulted their tribes you must instigate it right?
It is not hard to see you are evil.

Hey Tiger, I aint trying to instigate anything and I'm not evil, but rather trying to point out what some people do here! So please stop the use of strong and abusive words because it doesn't portray you in good light

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by steffans(m): 5:37pm On Jul 12, 2013
And dis is a Bowen Graduate... Of Banking and Finance!!
Now No Masters
No Wife!
No UK!!!
9ja welcmes u.. Afta 12 mnths!
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by Haslad(m): 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
God save us ooo
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by Haslad(m): 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
Mz_spread: undecidedI wish for a time where people will fight hard to become citizens of Nigeria!

Not in dis our Generation again....lol
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by ESULAALU: 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
mastersr95:

Age doesnt have anything to do with this... The truth is if you are ''RICH'' you wont have time to be on here posting topics unless you are a blogger or something like that. Take it or leave thats just the truth.

How are you so sure these people do.t post stuff here? I see where justwise is going, he is definitely trying to make you see a point. This is a faceless forum remember? You don't know who is who here, people comment with different handles, do t be surprised some of these rich dudes come here even more often than you do to catch fun. They have more free time than you would actually imagine, forget them forming busy, it's all part of the game
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by ESULAALU: 6:37pm On Jul 12, 2013
saintandsinnerz:

Hey Tiger, I aint trying to instigate anything and I'm not evil, but rather trying to point out what some people do here! So please stop the use of strong and abusive words because it doesn't portray you in good light

Sinner, go back and read what you wrote,it doesn't take more than that to start a tribal war, you gerrit now?
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by Oildichotomy(m): 6:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
Can I comment on this thread? --- I'm enjoying you guys especially the masters dude. One truth is Jand,Akata , obodo Oyibo no really get rep as compared to before. Travelling out has been known not to be any better ---as it relates to comparison between home & there--- apart from the pre-supposed "goodlife incentives" --- that place sucks bigtime. Been there -- done that!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
Mz_spread: undecidedI wish for a time where people will fight hard to become citizens of Nigeria!
DONT HOLD UR BREATH
AINT GONNA HAPPEN
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by Chinom(m): 6:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
Diasporan: [b]Am not in support of what this chaps did cause what doing is what doing well considering the recent crackdown on sham marriages in the UK but Funny how people rush to condemn the parties involved.Let truth be told Nigeria is a hell of a cesspit.If the so called country people are clamouring for is good the dude wouldn't have contemplated staying back in the UK knowing fully well that he has a good job waiting for him back home but instead the reverse is the case.I know of a guy who did his masters in the UK and came back home.Two years has passed by still he hasn't gotten a good job.He is regretting every bit of his coming back.What student will graduate in the UK considering the huge cash spent and knowing his family does not have the necessary connection to secure him a job if he returns back will not want to do anything to stay back?Who wants to hurriedly return to a country where Honourable members threaten to shoot a Governor,A country where a day doesn't pass by with you reading how people call their President slowpoke and other embarrassing names,the only country in history where the President went missing for months.Ironically many people yapping thrash here are still jambites and are still living with their parent.you all should wait and test the real world of unemployment before saying there is no place like Nigeria.That is how a dude here on NL was saying I will never go abroad cause things are happening in Nigeria.He was even saying those abroad should come back home funny enough the dude is a damn leech.He keep on calling me to send him money.Infact I regretted replying his PM and giving him my number.Bunch of hypocrites. [/b]

Bla,bla,bla...balderdash. How many times have we not heard and read such trash from complete LOSERS who cannot afford to return to our beloved Naija. People who are content to play second fiddle and settle for less. Lazy bones, who cannot hustle in Naija knowing fully well that they can always collect the dole ( welfare cheques) if all things fail.
Please speak for your self and allow Nigerians with genuine intention to return to Nigeria to decide for themselves how " Bad" Nigeria is. YOU ARE NOT THE ROLE MODEL.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by Chinom(m): 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2013

Well, an American once fought his deportation from Nigeria. So did the Choudry brothers (Indians).Many Lebanese and Indian Nigerians would never swap Naija for any other country.
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by alienware(m): 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
mastersr95:

Sorry everyone...i just get irritated by people like this guy, just coz you have a fast internet doesn't mean you should come and be posting lies on here and mislead people... I read one of his post that he was talking about giving his brother 3million naira to start up a business in Nigeria. You want to give someone #3,000,000? $18,000 ? £12,000? How long have you been in US? what do you for a living?

Ofcourse you can make that money in a short time if you selling drugs or doing Yahoo Yahoo which you should be ready to go to jail if you get caught. But saying you doing a decent job and wants to give someone 3 million naira? Without knowing who you are, I'm confidently saying you are lying. unless you do one of the job i mention above.

Please people like you have mislead people like me already, Don't corrupt the next generation with your lies. any kid on here that see you talking about giving out 3 million naira might start thinking life is sweet in abroad. Maybe you need to say the kind of job you do when you make comment on here.
what you wrote here is pretty cut and dry. If he has 3 million to give, what business of yours is it ? Do you know how long he's been working to save that money ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by justwise(m): 7:17pm On Jul 12, 2013
Chinom:

Bla,bla,bla...balderdash. How many times have we not heard and read such trash from complete LOSERS who cannot afford to return to our beloved Naija. People who are content to play second fiddle and settle for less. Lazy bones, who cannot hustle in Naija knowing fully well that they can always collect the dole ( welfare cheques) if all things fail.
Please speak for your self and allow Nigerians with genuine intention to return to Nigeria to decide for themselves how " Bad" Nigeria is. YOU ARE NOT THE ROLE MODEL.

Is funny when Nigerians say that as if Nigerians are treated as first class citizens in Nigeria. People who are entitled to dole in the UK can claim it because their govt cares for them and will feed them, can Nigeria govt do that?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by Chinom(m): 7:33pm On Jul 12, 2013
justwise:

Is funny when Nigerians say that as if Nigerians are treated as first class citizens in Nigeria. People who are entitled to dole in the UK can claim it because their govt cares for them and will feed them, can Nigeria govt do that?

UK is the founder, originator and creator of Class distinction. I'm talking about England before the white man ever knew Africa existed. 1st and 2nd class citizens exist in all cultures since the begining of mankind.But, please do not confuse class distinction with RACISM. In the West, lower class whites still consider themselves better than Upper class blacks. I'm sure you've heard this phrase before " i may be poor, but thank God i a'int no Nigger ". I have seen White beggers refuse to accept money from a Blackman.
There will come a time when Nigeria will be able to pay welfare cheques. What the NIMC is doing is just the first step. We did not start the same time with the UK govt.
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by justwise(m): 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
Chinom:

UK is the founder, originator and creator of Class distinction. I'm talking about England before the white man ever knew Africa existed. 1st and 2nd class citizens exist in all cultures since the begining of mankind.But, please do not confuse class distinction with RACISM. In the West, lower class whites still consider themselves better than Upper class blacks. I'm sure you've heard this phrase before " i may be poor, but thank God i a'int no Nigger ". I have seen White beggers refuse to accept money from a Blackman.
There will come a time when Nigeria will be able to pay welfare cheques. What the NIMC is doing is just the first step. We did not start the same time with the UK govt.

Please stop jumping in and out of frying pan, you are just muddling issues here. Its called racism in the west, in Nigeria is tribalism, so the three major tribes in the Nigeria hugs and exchange flowers? Igbo or Yoruba man can move to North and live happily? Don't give me that shabby social analyses because it doesn't hold water.

How much does blacks love each other in London? What is the percentage of black on black shooting and knife killings as compare to white on white?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by Chinom(m): 7:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
justwise:

Please stop jumping in and out of frying pan, you are just muddling issues here. Its called racism in the west, in Nigeria is tribalism, so the three major tribes in the Nigeria hugs and exchange flowers? Igbo or Yoruba man can move to North and live happily? Don't give me that shabby social analyses because it doesn't hold water.

How much does blacks love each other in London? What is the percentage of black on black shooting and knife killings as compare to white on white?

It appears you do not know the difference between Classes, Tribes, and RACES. It's regrettable to see you mix up racism with tribalism. Until you can tell the difference and the level of PAIN associated with each practise, it's pointless going further with this debate.
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by justwise(m): 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2013
Chinom:

It appears you do not know the difference between Classes, Tribes, and RACES. It's regrettable to see you mix up racism with tribalism. Until you can tell the difference and the level of PAIN associated with each practise, it's pointless going further with this debate.

The closest term to racism in Nigerian content is tribalism as a Nigerian can not be racist to another Nigerian but can show deep tribal behaviors as seen here in nairaland.

Non is more painful than the other, a white man may not like you because you are black just as yoruba/igbo or hausa man will hate because you are not from his tribe, they are closely related.

You obviously got no point hence bringing race into this topic.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by Gbawes: 8:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
Even the Judge self no be from UK. Judge Gurgal Singh should park well jare
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by bornosheikh: 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
I know one naija guy in Ldn who says 'God bless the Queen' hourly and stands up to full salute when the UK national anthem is played. He says he respects any country wey pay day reach and pay is in hand or in bank account, where electricity is 24/7, where there are no touts on the road, in uniform or otherwise. This is why Nigerians are running to Ghana, Gambia, UK, Australia, US, Senegal, Indonesia, Singapore, Iceland (imagine where ICE dey),Turkey....my fingers are tired ................add more countries...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by MiloRambaldi(m): 11:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
wayodude:

Point is it is not the sort of home anyone will deep down inside proudly claim even though alot of peeps would say different in public. It is not the sort of home anyone will want to go back to in a hurry...if they dont have to.

Abi na lie i talk?

Fact remains that millions live here with friends and families. Some are quite happy surrounded by their loved ones. Lots of people work in the oil and and gas industry, telecoms, banking and own businesses and are quite cool with it. They occasional travel out, but return to their homes in Naija. Life continues. Yes it's no 1st world country, but nothing is gained by constantly painting doom and gloom about the country. For me , my concern is largely the poor medicare, but heck people abroad don't live forever anyway. Thx fully my family remain healthy, but I know any thing remotely serious might mean overseas trip. Those painting utopian society abroad should know people know the reality. Be thankful for the good in your life, let others live theirs.
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by PStacks(m): 1:37am On Jul 13, 2013
undecided Na by force ni?
Them say them no want you for their country, u wan kill urself to remain there..

12 months too small, dem suppose give you fisi.. Olodo..

Home is not palatable and they don't want u abroad.. Nigerians are in Dilemma bai..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by homeboy232(m): 5:22am On Jul 13, 2013
mastersr95:

Its a pity to see people like you open their mouth and talk trash. There is unemployment everywhere in the world. In this same Nigeria that you talking about the Unemployment rate, few people still get jobs. Y'all talk about abroad like its paradise. Please be honest and tell us the kind of work you do for a living in USA. (probably flipping burgers at burger king or cleaning job) but you will refuse to do this same job in your Home country.

If that your friend that finish his Masters in UK and return to Nigeria is still looking for job after 2years.. why dont you advice him to start something on his own with all the exposure he had in UK... only because his too dumb to think for himself after 2yrs.

Coz your friend did masters in UK, so that means he should automatically be offered a job when he get to Nigeria? I have a friend that got a degree in Computer science in UK but don't know how to install Operating System on her laptop.. Are you telling me that kind of person should automatically get a Job when he gets to Nigeria? What does that kind of person has to offer the company thats going to employ her?

You said Nigeria is hell but people still build houses everyday. Where are those people making the money from? I guess its coz they have brain in their head.

can you tell us the name of the school in UK??, there are so many schools in uk that offer degree programs...maybe it is one of those new private uni DAT offer degree programs, most of there lecturers are indians, they do collect bribes...dull brain cannot study in Russia..UK is all messed up, and they are losing value in labour market...

for the issue of job, do u want to compare pounds with naira, think before u talk trash about job, atleast u can work freely and earn pure money..we all know that 65% of those in naija who manage to build a house involve in one nagative stuff or the other....think before u talk trash against naija in diaspora...kindly seek for spiritual enlightenment in order for u to see the reality of life in general...

when you dont have the oportunity to study abroad, is it neccessary for u to start talking trash about a girl who cannot install windows program on her computer?? I dont believe u, u are just saying it out of jealousy..the good brains are given scholarship to further abroad for advance research facilities and global exposure, why the dull ones are ranting on nairaland talking trash about naija in Diaspora

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by ochukoccna: 11:33am On Jul 13, 2013
That Jayeola guy na real mumu angry
His kind of scam and so many done by Nigerians has long been found out or is he oblivious to that embarassed
There are tons to single women he could have married legitmately to get his UK papers
And if he's not ready for that yet,he could have looked for ways to improve his travel history and go to better climes not a pay as you go UK lifestyle
Sham marriage apart,why wait for a week before your visa lapses to initiate your plan
Even , that alone would trigger off alarm bells
Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by aniyphil: 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2013
hmmm . . .the story says he needed to get married to stay in the UK, now he does not need to be married to stay in the UK 'cos he is going to legally remain in the UK . . .in JAIL! angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
As much as i don't support scam really its not that easy,jobs are scarce not just everywhere, was job hunting till i had to be freelancing, however you can do things legit and still succeed, i applied to a company abroad and they responded, but the truth is are those in Nigeria looking for jobs for employing ? despite being jobless, i had no issues gettings freelance jobs cuz i do my job very well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India / Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In / Car Somersaults At Otedola Brigde, Berger, Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.