Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (523420 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Michautocares: 12:55pm On Jan 06, 2023
Coolgent:
I need the following parts for ford escape 2013...
1. Canister purge valve
2. Tyres sensor
3. Back hub bearing
got them?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Coolgent(m): 12:25am On Jan 07, 2023
Michautocares:
got them?

Yes excluding back tyre pressure sensor

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Alaka96(m): 7:09am On Jan 07, 2023
Hello my fellow automobile enthusiast,
i have the following question
1 what is a borale engine and half engine what parts does it contain ?
2 can i repair a 2az engine that throw a rod and break the engine block ?
3 Price of tokunbo 2az engine Canada/USA version and Japan version.

Some minute after i start the car before driving out, i rev/raise the engine and suddenly i heard a loud sound and switch off the engine to check, behold the engine block was having a hole and i found the connecting rod outside the engine.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Michautocares: 9:37am On Jan 07, 2023
1.a. Borale engine means engine that is sold without the accessories and parts like steering pump, alternator, ac compressor and the likes. Some of them may even remove coils and nuzzles depends on your negotiation with them.
1.b. Half engine is the engine block with parts in it like crankshaft, metals, pistons and connecting rod, oil pump and main bearing.
Though it’s not advisable to buy half engine because most of them have been ringed and not properly ringed, it’s better to buy engine block and ring it yourself that way you’re sure of what’s been done in it.
2. Yes, it can be repaired.
3. I can give you my contact in Ladipo cause I don’t know the price.
Alaka96:

Hello my fellow automobile enthusiast,
i have the following question
1 what is a borale engine and half engine what parts does it contain ?
2 can i repair a 2az engine that throw a rod and break the engine block ?
3 Price of tokunbo 2az engine Canada/USA version and Japan version.

Some minute after i start the car before driving out, i rev/raise the engine and suddenly i heard a loud sound and switch off the engine to check, behold the engine block was having a hole and i found the connecting rod outside the engine.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Michautocares: 9:51am On Jan 07, 2023
Coolgent:

Yes excluding back tyre pressure sensor
Usually tough to get for any brand for vehicle.
Why not import it ?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Paramilitary11: 3:30pm On Jan 07, 2023
Good day house.

Please between Toyota Camry 2.4, Toyota Corolla 2005/2006 and Lexus ES330. Which would you advise I go for. Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by melviniyke2002(m): 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2023
Paramilitary11:
Good day house.

Please between Toyota Camry 2.4, Toyota Corolla 2005/2006 and Lexus ES330. Which would you advise I go for. Thanks
personal use es330
Uber corolla 2005/06
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Alaka96(m): 9:07pm On Jan 07, 2023
Michautocares:
1.a. Borale engine means engine that is sold without the accessories and parts like steering pump, alternator, ac compressor and the likes. Some of them may even remove coils and nuzzles depends on your negotiation with them.
1.b. Half engine is the engine block with parts in it like crankshaft, metals, pistons and connecting rod, oil pump and main bearing.
Though it’s not advisable to buy half engine because most of them have been ringed and not properly ringed, it’s better to buy engine block and ring it yourself that way you’re sure of what’s been done in it.
2. Yes, it can be repaired.
3. I can give you my contact in Ladipo cause I don’t know the price.

Thanks Michautocares
i learned some important things from it

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Paramilitary11: 9:21am On Jan 08, 2023
melviniyke2002:
personal use es330
Uber corolla 2005/06
Thanks. It's for personal use.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Miee: 8:09pm On Jan 08, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW1H5g3Dr-g

Almost every time a body style is introduced, it’s done by Mercedes. My colleague and I compared the Mercedes CLS to the BMW 6-Series.

Please click on the link to watch & tell us;
Which of these two brands built the better 4-door coupè?

Please like & subscribe

2 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dagreatfm: 8:51am On Jan 09, 2023
Hi,pls need a car for Bolt and Uber on either Hire purchase or Rentals in Lagos.

No stories on weekly or monthly remittance.

Will also provide airtight guarantor.
You can chat or call me on 08084794042
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dawahlarry: 7:33am On Jan 10, 2023
Dear all, kindly advise on what to do on below error codes on 2007 KIA SPECTRA;

Car Scanner ELM OBD2
DTC report
Selected brand: Kia
VIN: KNAFE121975378934

============1==============
P2626
Raw code: 2626
ECU: Engine control unit
OBDII: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 1, bank 1, pumping current trim - open circuit

============2==============
P0700
Raw code: 0700
OBDII: Transmission control system, MIL request - circuit malfunction

============3==============
P0755
Raw code: 0755
ECU: Transmission control unit
OBDII: Shift solenoid (SS) B - circuit malfunction

============4==============
P0760
Raw code: 0760
OBDII: Shift solenoid (SS) C - circuit malfunction

============5==============
P0743
Raw code: 0743
OBDII: Torque converter clutch (TCC) solenoid - electrical

============6==============
P0128
Raw code: 0128
OBDII: Coolant thermostat - coolant temperature below thermostat regulating temperature

============7==============
P0765
Raw code: 0765
Status: Pending fault present, Pending fault present during this driving cycle, Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault has been present during this drive cycle
OBDII: Shift solenoid (SS) D - circuit malfunction

============8==============
P0750
Raw code: 0750
Status: Pending fault present, Pending fault present during this driving cycle, Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault has been present during this drive cycle
OBDII: Shift solenoid (SS) A - circuit malfunction
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by adewasco2k(m): 9:34am On Jan 11, 2023
Please whats the difference between the imported Mobile 1 oil and the Nigerian Mobile 1 oil?

I bought the imported Mobile 1 0w20 for my Camry 2013 and someone told me its not meant for our weather that its too light in viscosity, i should buy the Nigerian Mobile 1
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 8:34am On Jan 12, 2023
adewasco2k:
Please whats the difference between the imported Mobile 1 oil and the Nigerian Mobile 1 oil?

I bought the imported Mobile 1 0w20 for my Camry 2013 and someone told me its not meant for our weather that its too light in viscosity, i should buy the Nigerian Mobile 1

Is the someone the engineer that designed the engine?
I don't understand why people think Nigeria is the hottest place on earth.
States like Texas is hotter than Kano in some months. California sees hot weather that sparks forest fire. The Emirates is hotter than Borno. But they all use manufacturer spec oil with their thermostat intact.
Engines are designed to withstand various temperatures so please use the manufacturer's specified products for your car at all times.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Elvis8108(m): 5:19pm On Jan 12, 2023
Please am looking for any Nigeria used Volkswagen and Audi cars to buy. If it has fault don't worry I will fix it. Am into buying and selling.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Elvis8108(m): 5:20pm On Jan 12, 2023
Elvis8108:
Please am looking for any Nigeria used Volkswagen and Audi cars to buy. If it has fault don't worry I will fix it. Am into buying and selling.

You can reach me on 08121478108
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by CruzJoe(m): 9:15pm On Jan 12, 2023
pls experts, what's the cause of this in a tier?
what will the mechanic work on, to correct it from chopping another new tier when changed.

Note: the other side of the car tier is still very okey, no single chopping. Only this driver side is chopped.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ekenem123: 9:58am On Jan 15, 2023
Good morning my good people..
A friend wants to buy Toyota Corolla in ibadan from a car smuggler that uses saki axis to smuggle cars from cotonuo to Nigeria..
The problem is the car smuggler said his cars does not have original clearing papers...

My friend is seeking advice on buying a car without custom clearance papers ....
please your advice is needed urgently please
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Therockauto(m): 11:15am On Jan 20, 2023
Elvis8108:

Contact me on 08167071246
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Miee: 7:31pm On Jan 22, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH2W9fuVuSA

This Mercedes-Maybach GLS is Mercedes benchmark of luxury and is the cheapest along its competitors. Do you think with all the features mentioned, it is worth its value?

3 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by golor(m): 10:04pm On Jan 23, 2023
Please I recently bought a car and found out there’s no custom duty papers but the car name and other documents has been fully changed to my name and I intend traveling from PH to Delta .... pls how do I avoid custom people ...
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oluayebenz: 10:11pm On Jan 23, 2023
golor:
Please I recently bought a car and found out there’s no custom duty papers but the car name and other documents has been fully changed to my name and I intend traveling from PH to Delta .... pls how do I avoid custom people ...

Model and what year?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by golor(m): 10:12pm On Jan 23, 2023
oluayebenz:

Model and what year?

Toyota spider 2008
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oluayebenz: 12:11am On Jan 24, 2023
golor:

Toyota spider 2008

That should be Toyota muscle 08

Your car is 15yrs old car, I don't think you should have issue with custom thou.

They are mostly hunting for newer cars.

But what happen to the custom papers?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by golor(m): 7:17am On Jan 24, 2023
oluayebenz:

That should be Toyota muscle 08

Your car is 15yrs old car, I don't think you should have issue with custom thou.

They are mostly hunting for newer cars.

But what happen to the custom papers?

The person I bought from said no custom paper but on there website it’s registered. Please I wan to be sure nothing will happen pls
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oluayebenz: 8:55am On Jan 24, 2023
golor:

The person I bought from said no custom paper but on there website it’s registered. Please I wan to be sure nothing will happen pls

The car is registered on custom website?
Did you check via VIN?
If so, you are good to travel.

Meanwhile make sure you have the screenshot of the page and saved it in your phone.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by golor(m): 10:37am On Jan 24, 2023
oluayebenz:

The car is registered on custom website?
Did you check via VIN?
If so, you are good to travel.

Meanwhile make sure you have the screenshot of the page and saved it in your phone.

Yes it’s via VIN
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ephort: 10:26pm On Feb 02, 2023
Please, what car can one recommend for a budget of N3.5 to N4m?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Michautocares: 10:00am On Feb 04, 2023
depends on a lot of things.
are you getting it for work or normal use?
do you have a family?
what kind of cars do you like?
your maintenance culture.
Ephort:
Please, what car can one recommend for a budget of N3.5 to N4m?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ephort: 12:53pm On Feb 04, 2023
Michautocares:
depends on a lot of things.
are you getting it for work or normal use?
do you have a family?
what kind of cars do you like?
your maintenance culture.

It's for work - leaving the house in the morning and returning in the evening. I currently use Honda EOD 2003 which is still sound and performing but would love to upgrade. I'm thinking Toyota or Lexus.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by rapheal5(m): 12:06am On Feb 05, 2023
Hello house pls help me , I tried to help some one on the road to jump start her car with my battery but unknowingly remove the battery without removing the car key from the ignition...my car didn't start up though cranking after fixing back the battery...but won't start what could be the problem, the car doesn't have security...corolla 2005
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Michautocares: 10:27pm On Feb 05, 2023
Ephort:

It's for work - leaving the house in the morning and returning in the evening. I currently use Honda EOD 2003 which is still sound and performing but would love to upgrade. I'm thinking Toyota or Lexus.
2007-09 camry
2007 es350

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.