Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,230 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (524494 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chizyn(f): 8:51am On Jul 17, 2017
nurey:

BUY IT, It is a Honda CR-V in another body shell and it also shares part with CR-V and honda Civic
Ohh okay, thnks 4 replying
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by davidblaqq(m): 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2017
We talk about car reviews and everything you need to know on www.businessweigh..com
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by bigdot1759(m): 9:56am On Jul 19, 2017
Morning house Pls is latest starting from 2015 bmw motors as bad as ppl talk
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by USPlaceofAutos: 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2017
Hello guy, We have the following cars for sale (from the USA):

2007 Toyota Avalon
2011 Toyota Camry
2009 Toyota Camry

Interested buyer(s) should contact (call or whatsapp) us on 09035870964 for more information.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chizyn(f): 8:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
Good evening guys, quick question... Did any1 ever watch this program they use to do on MTV called something my ride ,can't exactly remember d name, the program was basically about Professionals changing a car that formerly looked like dustbin to a completely brand new car...even including d Interior and the Exterior of d car.
So guys pls is there a place in Lagos that does professional works like that
I need to do something abt d interior of my car, it seriously needs "pimping". Thou d exterior looks great..basically just d interior part.
So guys pls recommend 1 for me
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chizyn(f): 8:45pm On Jul 21, 2017
sorry guys, d program is called love-vendor MY RIDE. i dnt know why nairaland is refusing to say d words
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 9:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
chizyn:
sorry guys, d program is called love-vendor MY RIDE. i dnt know why nairaland is refusing to say d words

Do you want to pi-mp your ride or overhaul the interior? Both are different things and cost different prices.

If you wish to love-vendor the shiit and love vendoor the ride then
CC: www.nairaland.com/denn
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chizyn(f): 7:52am On Jul 22, 2017
nurey:

Do you want to pi-mp your ride or overhaul the interior? Both are different things and cost different prices.

If you wish to love-vendor the shiit and love vendoor the ride then
CC: www.nairaland.com/denn
Pls what does "overhaul" mean.... it's just d interior part of d car that nids changing some things and also making it look bomb af afterwards. I jus checked the denn autoworld instagram page nd they look like they dnt do car interior pim-ping thou.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 8:07am On Jul 22, 2017
chizyn:
Pls what does "overhaul" mean.... it's just d interior part of d car that nids changing some things and also making it look bomb af afterwards. I jus checked the denn autoworld instagram page nd they look like they dnt do car interior pim-ping thou.

Overhaul is to take the interior apart and repair it.

I know he pimps classic cars and can get the job done. But speak to your mechanic he will know a mechanic tailor that can sew new chair seats and the likes. There are other people who can do it here on nairaland I advice you open a fresh thread in cartalk and they will contact you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by successnoni: 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2017
Corolla sport 2009 with 115k mileage for sale.. interested buyer should contact me 07066474055

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by siempere(m): 7:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hello guys please I have a Toyota Camry 2.2 that started guzzling petrol recently..I've checked the injector they said it's fine...I've just recently worked on d catalyst too...still d problem persists...I just remembered d coolant is no more..as in it drained entirely and I filled it with water.....some months back pending when I have time to check it and forgot...could that've been d issue all along??...thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 7:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
siempere:
Hello guys please I have a Toyota Camry 2.2 that started guzzling petrol recently..I've checked the injector they said it's fine...I've just recently worked on d catalyst too...still d problem persists...I just remembered d coolant is no more..as in it drained entirely and I filled it with water.....some months back pending when I have time to check it and forgot...could that've been d issue all along??...thanks
when you said work on the Cat Converter, did you mean replace it?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by siempere(m): 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
erico2k2:

when you said work on the Cat Converter, did you mean replace it?
when they checked it it was gone entirely so d mechanic replaced it with a work around..
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 8:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
siempere:
when they checked it it was gone entirely so d mechanic replaced it with a work around..
you can only replace it with same, ,its not repairable,
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by siempere(m): 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2017
erico2k2:

you can only replace it with same, ,its not repairable,
He didn't actually repair it...he called an auto guy (panel beater) who had a supposed work around they buy some stuff and construct it locally...I seriously didn't see this done as i was in d office...I allowed it because since d catalyst wasn't there when they opened it, that means I was driving d car for years without it..
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 8:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
siempere:
He didn't actually repair it...he called an auto guy (panel beater) who had a supposed work around they buy some stuff and construct it locally...I seriously didn't see this done as i was in d office...I allowed it because since d catalyst wasn't there when they opened it, that means I was driving d car for years without it..
nah They killed you right there, there is nothing like construction, what you need do is to go the spare market and buy a cat conv that is meant for your own car simple.Inside the cat conv there are special alloys which convert the exhaust gas into un harmful gases.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by siempere(m): 9:01pm On Jul 23, 2017
erico2k2:

nah They killed you right there, there is nothing like construction, what you need do is to go the spare market and buy a cat conv that is meant for your own car simple.Inside the cat conv there are special alloys which convert the exhaust gas into un harmful gases.
ok boss...I'll do just that...tnks a lot..
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 9:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
siempere:
ok boss...I'll do just that...tnks a lot..

UWC
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jojokings: 2:35pm On Jul 24, 2017
Hello my fellow nairalanders

I am a Bsc holder in Business Administration
I am based in Abuja
I am looking for any body who can connect or help me with any job on marketing or distributing of any products or items here in Abuja (FMCG) may be for commission or any other set benefits. Since finding a Job has eaten deep on my pocket.
I just want to engage myself phisically and financially
I have 5yrs experience in marketing

Please help a friend by calling or WhatsApp me on this
Numbers 08036568875, 09098078028
Kennaskings@gmail.com
Anyoha Joshua

God bless us all
Have a wonderful week ahead
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kernniejay(m): 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2017
hello guys, please i need your views or ideas and advice on an issue with my car. i have a Honda Accord 1993 (Honda Hala) and it is a very nice car that speeds like a jet.

The issue that is giving me serious concern about the car is this; if i don't drive the car for about 2 days, on the third day when i start the engine, it will be bringing out blue smoke so much. but once i start driving it, the smoke will reduce and it will finally stop within 1 minute. For the rest of the day you wont believe that the car has smoked earlier as the smoke will disappear, the exhaust pipe may even be dripping water especially if it is morning or the weather is cold.

Please what could be the problem? I want to know exactly what the problem is. I don't believe the engine is gone because the car performs very efficiently and does not even consume oil abnormally.

Thank you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 5:54pm On Jul 24, 2017
kernniejay:
hello guys, please i need your views or ideas and advice on an issue with my car. i have a Honda Accord 1993 (Honda Hala) and it is a very nice car that speeds like a jet.

The issue that is giving me serious concern about the car is this; if i don't drive the car for about 2 days, on the third day when i start the engine, it will be bringing out blue smoke so much. but once i start driving it, the smoke will reduce and it will finally stop within 1 minute. For the rest of the day you wont believe that the car has smoked earlier as the smoke will disappear, the exhaust pipe may even be dripping water especially if it is morning or the weather is cold.

Please what could be the problem? I want to know exactly what the problem is. I don't believe the engine is gone because the car performs very efficiently and does not even consume oil abnormally.

Thank you.
blue smoke sometimes means oil in cylinders so why should there be oil in there ?This is what need checking .
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by suavetony(m): 8:11am On Jul 25, 2017
erico2k2:

blue smoke sometimes means oil in cylinders so why should there be oil in there ?This is what need checking .
Probably check the piston rings, valve seals. In addition, hope you're using multigrades' engine oil and not single grade?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by suavetony(m): 8:29am On Jul 25, 2017
erico2k2:

three things

Water pump
Air trapped.
water is not circulating, if your water pump fails that will happen.
In addition, 1. check the thermostat if is stuck. You can check that by putting the thermostat in boiling water...if it opens then is fine.
2. Check for leaking hoses / radiator leaks
3. Wash the radiator if you can...open the radiator drain line to wash/rinse etc.
4. Be sure the fan is working as it should.
5. If the above does not work + the previous suggestions then the top gasket might've been affected. Hope it helps
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jojokings: 1:16pm On Jul 25, 2017
Please my fellow nairalanders

I am looking for someone that wants to give out car for commercial purpose.
Am based in Abuja with 5yrs experience in commercial driving.
Am ready to accept any condition of the business.

Please call me or WhatsApp on 08036568875
Kennaskings@yahoo.com
Looking forward to heare from you thanks and God bless
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jojokings: 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
Please my fellow nairalanders

I am looking for someone that wants to give out car for commercial purpose.
Am based in Abuja with 5yrs experience in commercial driving.
Am ready to accept any condition of the business.

Kennaskings@yahoo.com
Looking forward to heare from you thanks and God bless
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by computerglobal(m): 4:56am On Jul 26, 2017
For Vin checks and Report History

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mosbus: 5:49pm On Jul 26, 2017
Feel free to contact mosbus cool if you need any advice on your car air conditioning is absolutely free. Contact me:08026941215 or 08037586148,you can also message me on WhatsApp 08026941215.
We are always at your service when you need us.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
Good evening my people, I have a small issue, my car vibrates badly. Especially when I start it or when I put it on drive.

When I move everything ing is normal.

I believe my mounts need changing, cuz I had a bad accident recently.

I have 4 engine mounts, does anyone know the cost for changing 3? My current mech changed one already.

Please this is urgent
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by pufframmy: 7:04am On Jul 27, 2017
you sure i need you help on this this first time i refill my gas it was chilling very well but recently i see that the ac not chilling like before again and when it was filled it was filled with that cynlinder type for house air conditioner type dey use can that cause it
mosbus:
Feel free to contact mosbus cool if you need any advice on your car air conditioning is absolutely free. Contact me:08026941215 or 08037586148,you can also message me on WhatsApp 08026941215.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mosbus: 8:08am On Jul 27, 2017
pufframmy:
you sure i need you help on this this first time i refill my gas it was chilling very well but recently i see that the ac not chilling like before again and when it was filled it was filled with that cynlinder type for house air conditioner type dey use can that cause it
no it can't cause it,your car air conditioning has leakage.that is why it isn't cooling like before.how long did the gas last,and what kind of car is it.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 10:48am On Jul 27, 2017
mosbus:
what do you use in refilling gas into cars?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mosbus: 12:06pm On Jul 27, 2017
erico2k2:

what do you use in refilling gas into cars?
automatic refilling and recycling machine ECoTECHNICS ECK 1500-N8

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.