Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (523360 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by segun2king: 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2018
Hi Mr I kenna
i need your help urgently pls i just changed the sump,oil and oil filter of my Volvo 850.Then i noticed that the engine oil light comes on when in drive and reverse mode but goes off on park.
Thanks awaiting your response.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by babalonimi: 8:18am On Aug 21, 2018
My problem s removing camry 2002 filter required removing entire dashboard. The design s awkward. Pls wat can I do without removing d dashboard cos my Ac s performing below standard? Experts pls
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oluwaseunla(m): 9:03am On Aug 21, 2018
babalonimi:
My problem s removing camry 2002 filter required removing entire dashboard. The design s awkward. Pls wat can I do without removing d dashboard cos my Ac s performing below standard? Experts pls

Its evaporator replacement that requires dashboard removal. Have a diagnosis carried out to find out exactly what is wrong with your AC.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by johndill419: 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2018
I love traveling by car and since I do not have my own sometimes rent. And recently I went on a trip to Ukraine in the wonderful city of Lviv and rented a car at first thought that the car would fall apart while on the move, but was surprised by the service, the car was just super , brand-new, clean, now when I go to Ukraine I will take them from the same https://ukr-prokat.com/en/rental-cars/rent-a-car-lviv.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by gfullmoon(m): 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2018
Good evening house! My Toyota Corolla had a engine timing snap which I tried to fix and the vehicle started having the problem of jerking when braking or engaging the gear. And most at times going off when trying to engage gear.

I have bought new tok engine still the problem still persist. My plug and fuel nozzles are all in tack. Though I changed the engine cos of unusual noise. Please I need an auto expert to guide me on the trouble shooting options for my mechanic. Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Messijoseph56: 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2018
My Ac fail in Camry 2007, am advised to change to manual AC compressor, is it reliable
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 5:16pm On Aug 23, 2018
Messijoseph56:
My Ac fail in Camry 2007, am advised to change to manual AC compressor, is it reliable
Don't do it, replace Ac with same model. All these dodgy mechanics trying to cut corners since 18BC
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 5:16pm On Aug 23, 2018
gfullmoon:
Good evening house! My Toyota Corolla had a engine timing snap which I tried to fix and the vehicle started having the problem of jerking when braking or engaging the gear. And most at times going off when trying to engage gear.

I have bought new tok engine still the problem still persist. My plug and fuel nozzles are all in tack. Though I changed the engine cos of unusual noise. Please I need an auto expert to guide me on the trouble shooting options for my mechanic. Thanks
look for Gazzuzz
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by TissuePaper: 6:53pm On Aug 23, 2018
Nice...i love cars smiley
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by alakrity(m): 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2018
Pls can someone tell me is it advisable to buy 2005 ford escape jeep compare to corolla car in terms of fuel consumption and durability
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Timtol(m): 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2018
pls any good portable matrix car @750k? Share pix if u have
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by victorD3: 7:35pm On Aug 24, 2018
My brothers. Please i have a serious problem with my honda accord 2008 model 4 cylinder. I changed my shaft, camber bushings etc. Since then my percenger side shaft have been popping out from the cup.
I bought over 3 shafts of thesame size and make but it still pulls. I changed all the engine and geer box seating and mount still no way. A friend asked me to cut and extend the shaft whichbi did and it vibrates the car.

Please my people help me what could be wrong with the right leg of my car?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by TissuePaper: 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2018
victorD3:
My brothers. Please i have a serious problem with my honda accord 2008 model 4 cylinder. I changed my shaft, camber bushings etc. Since then my percenger side shaft have been popping out from the cup.
I bought over 3 shafts of thesame size and make but it still pulls. I changed all the engine and geer box seating and mount still no way. A friend asked me to cut and extend the shaft whichbi did and it vibrates the car.

car get leg grin

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by uchman(m): 11:05pm On Aug 24, 2018
House please what is making my steering to fall to one side? ve already changed Steering rag, did alignment too...
and
Why do my car slows up while climbing hill?

Please help house...
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by stevups(m): 10:40am On Aug 25, 2018
In need of gulf car
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by pufframmy: 12:17pm On Aug 25, 2018
G3

stevups:
In need of gulf car
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jonnyp(m): 12:22am On Aug 26, 2018
Pls house is it Advisable to use Honda Accord 2005 Nigeria use for uber..
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by empron(m): 10:58am On Aug 26, 2018
alakrity:
Pls can someone tell me is it advisable to buy 2005 ford escape jeep compare to corolla car in terms of fuel consumption and durability
Two different cars.In terms of fuel consumption
Go for corrola
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by empron(m): 11:08am On Aug 26, 2018
uchman:
House please what is making my steering to fall to one side? ve already changed Steering rag, did alignment too...
and
Why do my car slows up while climbing hill?

Please help house...
Your mechanic need to remove the two tire and do physical inspection on both side suspension.
Car slow up hill?
Run a scan on it and post the code.
Better still check the following
Weak fuel pump and bad fuel filter
Clogged catalyst
Clogged Air Filter
Low compression engine.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2018
empron:
Two different cars.In terms of fuel consumption
Go for corrola
how about if teh corolla was 3 ltrs and the Ford xcape is 2.5 ltre?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 6:58pm On Aug 26, 2018
victorD3:

at this point stop buying used part. go and buy a new shaft, not belgum.There is a person who sels original OME parts on here now, xpenssive but rest of mind.as a rule of thumb, anything that goes faulty a a result of wear an tear,=never replace with used one.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by illusionsbyafo(m): 9:08am On Aug 27, 2018
chucksbadt:
Hi guys
Golf 4, manual transmission with 296,001 milage at N540k worth it?

Too high I would say.. manual then almost 300k mileage... its a NO for me[b]
chucksbadt:
Hi guys

Too high I would say.. manual then almost 300k mileage... its a NO for me[/b]
chucksbadt:
Hi guys

Too high I would say.. manual then almost 300k mileage... its a NO for me
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by herocz: 9:49am On Aug 27, 2018
Foreign used Toyota RAV4 2002 with factory fitted a/c (chilling) sound engine, well fitted interior fabric & first body. Buy and drive.

Price: 1.7m (Negotiable)
Condition: Foreign used (Direct Tokunbo)
Transmission: Automatic

Call: 09076603658

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by atelysir(m): 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2018
I am a Clearing and Forwarding Agent At Tin Can Port Island Apapa And A Car Dealer Apapa Berger
Contact me if you want to Purchase A Car or For Clearing your Consignment
atelyemmauel@gmail.com

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chucksbadt(m): 7:45am On Aug 28, 2018
Is there anything wrong with this particular version of Honda accord?
The prices i see online are a bit ridiculous.

Honda Accord sport vtec

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by amaham(m): 5:05pm On Aug 28, 2018
Good day all, i parked my toyota corolla 2012 after work yesterday, i tried starting it this morning and engaged the gear to drive but the indicator showed neutral instead of D . I shifted it back to park but it showed reverse instead. Presently, it cannot engage to park but shows R instead. I need help pls!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tobiyayo: 11:44am On Aug 29, 2018
Thank you for reaching out.

The individual is yet to make full refund despite issuing a cheque... I had advised him by sms that he has until the end of August to make full refund as I am more interested in sharing my experience so that others do not fall victim.

As a community of professionals, it is very disappointing that a vendor cannot keep to his word or render excellent service for which he is fully paid for.

I will update you all by September 1.

radautoworks:

Please follow through so others don't make the same mistake.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tobiyayo: 11:45am On Aug 29, 2018

The individual is yet to make full refund despite issuing a cheque... I had advised him by sms that he has until the end of August to make full refund as I am more interested in sharing my experience so that others do not fall victim.

As a community of professionals, it is very disappointing that a vendor cannot keep to his word or render excellent service for which he is fully paid for.

idris01:

Add me to the WhatsApp group.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 5:06pm On Aug 29, 2018
tobiyayo:

Honestly, I think he's had way more than long enough. Each day you wait is another person getting taken.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chikenicholas(m): 5:06pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hello house, please I need your help.

I just got a Nigerian used Toyota 2009 Corolla and my first day of driving it and I noticed the Oil light flickering (flashing) with noisy sound coming from the Engine. I checked oil gauge and it was at normal level, the light and noise comes up at low speed. When I restart the car, it goes away but comes on again when I brake or slow down.
The mechanic says its the oil pump that is bad and it needs replacement. I called the former owner and she said the oil pump was changed three months ago.

Please the experts in the house, what could be the cause and how can this be fixed. I will appreciate concrete solutions. Thanks
Experts based in Abuja should also indicate.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 5:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
chikenicholas:
Hello house, please I need your help.

I just got a Nigerian used Toyota 2009 Corolla and my first day of driving it and I noticed the Oil light flickering (flashing) with noisy sound coming from the Engine. I checked oil gauge and it was at normal level, the light and noise comes up at low speed. When I restart the car, it goes away but comes on again when I brake or slow down.
The mechanic says its the oil pump that is bad and it needs replacement. I called the former owner and she said the oil pump was changed three months ago.

Please the experts in the house, what could be the cause and how can this be fixed. I will appreciate concrete solutions. Thanks
Experts based in Abuja should also indicate.

Cc AutoElectNG

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

Viewing this topic: jameslojohn(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.