Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

The Safest Seat To Sit In On A Plane Is The Back… - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Safest Seat To Sit In On A Plane Is The Back… (1132 Views)

Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? / Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings / What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Safest Seat To Sit In On A Plane Is The Back… by boraddo(m): 9:12am On May 21, 2008
Popular Mechanics did a study on where it was safest to sit on an airplane based on all commercial jet crashes since 1971. Contrary to expert statements that "one seat is safe as the other," the study found that it is safer to sit in the back.

The funny thing about all those expert opinions: They're not really based on hard data about actual airline accidents. A look at real-world crash stats, however, suggests that the farther back you sit, the better your odds of survival. Passengers near the tail of a plane are about 40 percent more likely to survive a crash than those in the first few rows up front.

http://flowingdata.com/2008/05/20/the-safest-seat-to-sit-in-on-a-plane-is/

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/air_space/4219452.html
Re: The Safest Seat To Sit In On A Plane Is The Back… by AKO1(m): 3:33pm On May 21, 2008
story,
Re: The Safest Seat To Sit In On A Plane Is The Back… by ty4real(m): 6:16pm On May 21, 2008
I don hear you!If airline give you seat refuse am ok excerpt u dey fly 1st Class,all that one wey u dey talk na story oooo,bt me i prefer window side anytime i dey travel,either by road,by ship or by plane,wetin i wan go find for back sef wen airbag abi wetindey call dey grin grin grin
Re: The Safest Seat To Sit In On A Plane Is The Back… by boraddo(m): 6:11pm On May 22, 2008
true that! i agree wit u guys , popular mechanics just dey talk their own,
Re: The Safest Seat To Sit In On A Plane Is The Back… by rexfx2: 6:33pm On May 22, 2008
its a super tori, story!

(1) (Reply)

A+ / Chime’s Aide Urges Participation In American Visa Lottery / The Annual Nigerian Usvi Reunion Festival (let's Reunite In Paradise)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.