Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,862 members, 7,838,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

This Webmaster Is Charging Me $350 For A Wordpress Site - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / This Webmaster Is Charging Me $350 For A Wordpress Site (3681 Views)

Own A Wordpress Web Site At A Cheaper And Affordable Rate One Click Ahead. / Hacking: How To Back Up Your Wordpress Site To Google Drive And Restore Easily / Facebook To Begin Charging For Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Webmaster Is Charging Me $350 For A Wordpress Site by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
chiefkpokp:

Oga programmer, wetin u wan program again for wordpress?
Customization, Wordpress filters, Hooks,Actions and other relevant WP API, wordpress is beyond click and install
Re: This Webmaster Is Charging Me $350 For A Wordpress Site by chiefkpokp(m): 6:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
[quote author=pc guru]
Customization, Wordpress filters, Hooks,Actions and other relevant WP API, wordpress is beyond click and install [/qu

Abeggi, make una let dis heneiken enter my stomach well men
Re: This Webmaster Is Charging Me $350 For A Wordpress Site by Aywire(m): 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
the functionality of the site will determine the price of the site, it can be as low as 5k and as high as 300k. so know what you are requesting for before complaining. i run a site on the wordpress platform as well, designed by my humble self, so i know what am talking about. a friend of mine who wanted a site where he can sell items, and i billed him 90k because we are friends and attend the same university and the guy was like "noooo ooo, thats too much, i heard its about 10k", i felt disgusted ....
Re: This Webmaster Is Charging Me $350 For A Wordpress Site by papaejima1: 9:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
Well, it's ok for you to do your due diligence.
However, I think the guy was good to you. I don't do sites cheaper than N150K wordpress or not.
I recently did a site for a company group comprising 5 subsidiaries all running off wordpress.
The company paid N1.4 million for the sites.
Why?
I used pre-made templates(themes) in my proposal to the company which they accepted, then I built a new theme based on the template structure, customised some other elements, re-did the css, graphics, layout and introduced custom programming.
I picked up some plugins and rebuilt them to work exactly as I wanted them to.
Then I developed independent databases running independently from WP and called some data as well as posted some data to and from the sites to the DBs. (Just so I could thwart those pesky hackers)

Also implemented livechat, newsletter, career/job registration fxns, etc
Finally I manage, maintain, administer the sites as well as created a social media presence for the company.

So bro, go pay the guy sharp-sharp.

Better also make sure you get him to play super admin roles for you. Else, the day hackers will remember you and brute force your site, you will watch helplessly as your self managed site will be literally extricated from your grasp.That time you go know say harmattan dey crack lips! grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Webmaster Is Charging Me $350 For A Wordpress Site by wazobiang: 11:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
I feel like crying to hear this. I have not logged into nairaland for a while and this made me login. Firstly, whats a $350 website like. We are still backward in this country. So after thinking, planning, downloading, installing, designing, deploying, fine tuning, launching etc you go give the guy $350?

Guy I know say you are now convinced but why oh why is it that in Nigeria people do not respect other people's profession. You're a trader, he's a web developer and you want him to come cheap.

Oya calculate, he makes like 40k after all the hassles and it took him like a week of the wahala to deploy your website. How many weeks does he have in a month? 4. so if he is lucky to get 4 of this project in a week he'll be making 160k a month. Is that enough to keep a man/woman? Now if after 10 months he has designed website for 10x4 people i.e. 40 people and they are all calling him for one thing or another, do you think he can chop dat money peacefully?

I blame our local programmers and developers. Stop building all this 10 naira websites for people. If you just want static content build it yourself.

We should focus in providing solutions building websites is it not like laying blocks? Benchmarking, SEO, security, profiling, etc etc are all packages that follow a web solution. And you are talking of $350.

I sorry sorry o! I sorry Nigeeria eh! I sorry sorry o! I sorry for AAAAAAAaaaafriiiica.

SORRY!

1 Like

Re: This Webmaster Is Charging Me $350 For A Wordpress Site by otodeluxe(m): 11:28pm On Jul 13, 2013
As for me that amount is too small. A professional web developer will charge from $1000 up. Though you've registered the domain and memory.
Re: This Webmaster Is Charging Me $350 For A Wordpress Site by DCTrendy(m): 7:10am On Jul 14, 2013
Thanks for your contribution guys,

The few last posters re talking from the angle of a pro webmaster. I av been burnt before bros.

Ok, let me share my experience with naija webmasters.

The first time I built one, the guy built n host my site on a trial hosting or something that expired after some months. He has collected his money of course.

The second time, a Dr for that matter, did and collected his money. I paid 105k or so, can't remember properly, still, it wasn't as I want. Check d site a gave above. Thatz wot I want elegant site.

Na so I went online and look for the indians, an india guy built d site and was relatively ok. But I wasn't completely satisfied yet. And I contacted another naija webmaster., he saw d site and made a lot of comments, this shld be this, that shld be that.I gave him d login n everything and the site became messy big time, worst than it was.
The good and professional webmasters we av in naija shld adequately display their works online. As for me I can never hire a webmaster until I av seen his previous works. So this new guy I am hiring has displayed his works adequately. He is even running a big time web company.an india guy again. And he has done so many works for so many US based companies.

So, bros. Don't be annoyed. I av been burnt severally. Once he deliver a great work I will give him full control of the domain n everything.

Thanks once again for contributing.
Re: This Webmaster Is Charging Me $350 For A Wordpress Site by mediachirps(m): 7:40am On Jul 14, 2013
you shouldn't expect us to just assume your choice of website and what you intend doing with the website. outlines of website features determines the price.
Re: This Webmaster Is Charging Me $350 For A Wordpress Site by DCTrendy(m): 7:49am On Jul 14, 2013
mediachirps: you shouldn't expect us to just assume your choice of website and what you intend doing with the website. outlines of website features determines the price.

Thanks brother,

If you read the thread from d beginning, u will discover that all I need is few pages but it has to be elegant. Nothing to add, nothing to install.

Thank u.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Nigerian Teenager Creates A Social Media Website Like Facebook. / What's Your Thoughts On Multi-niche Blogs? / Get 100000 Page Views On Your Blog Within 100 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.