Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo (6201 Views)

Aregbesola New Road Construction In Osogbo (pictures) / Buhari To Earn N14 Million As Annual Salary, Allowances / SHOCKER: APC Govs Help Aregbesola To Pay Salaries –PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by arcis: 6:37am On Jul 14, 2013
Gov. Rauf Aregbesola of the western Nigerian state of Osun has inaugurated the construction of 18 km Osogbo east bypass dual carriageway, worth N14.5 billion.

Aregbesola said at the inauguration on Saturday in Osogbo that the new road network would boost economic activities on completion.

According to him, the road will complement the Gbongan-Akoda dual carriageway to
reduce traffic congestion as well as beautify the ancient city.

The road, which the governor named after the late Ooni of Ife, Oba Adesoji Aderemi, will be financed by Sterling Bank with an agreement on reimbursement.

He said that a bridge to be constructed on the road would be called “November 27”, in remembrance of the Governor’s inauguration on Nov. 27, 2010.

The governor also said that the road network which would link neighbouring towns would boost trade within and outside the state.

The new road starts from the Iwo-Osogbo roundabout and terminates at the roundabout along Osogbo-Ikirun road.

The west side of the road was constructed in 1994 under a World Bank-assisted Multi-State Roads Project.

Top government functionaries, members of the state House of Assembly and the National Assembly as well as various interest groups attended the occasion.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/07/14/aregbesola-to-build-n14-5b-road-in-osogbo/
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by geeez: 7:41am On Jul 14, 2013
This man has surpassed ALL expectations

Osun State o ni baje

Yorubaland o ni baje

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by myners007: 12:09pm On Jul 14, 2013
ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2013
Well done Ògbéni Arégbésolá.
Last Bullet: His tenure has 65% out of 100.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by ManTiger(m): 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2013
This road actually cost =N=27bn.
Contract won by RaTcoN construction Company.
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by wellmax(m): 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2013
For a state having the lowest FG monthly allocation, I think Osun state is doing quite well.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by aspabay(m): 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2013
ManTiger: This road actually cost =N=27bn.

And where did you get that from
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by alaoeri: 12:16pm On Jul 14, 2013
One word progressive.
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by bamzz: 12:18pm On Jul 14, 2013
The governor is doing quite well in infrastructural development. I only hope he is able to complete all the projects he is embarking on before 2014.
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by collynzo2(m): 12:18pm On Jul 14, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Well done Ògbéni Arégbésolá.
Last Bullet: His tenure has 65% out of 100.
I thought % already meant out of 100. Well..

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by Nonybb: 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2013
N14.5 billion for an 18km road? That is unheard of!! Looting things activated and the poor uneducated Nigerians are girating over mediocrity

10 Likes

Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by gen2briz(m): 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2013
Weldone done ogbeni
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by adeokunade: 12:25pm On Jul 14, 2013
This is a leader with vision, I was in Ekiti state and Osun in the past three weeks the exercised that I went there for took me to virtually all the local government in the two state and I was amazed with the infrastructural development and upgrades that I saw especially in Ekiti because their governor is not a noisemaker
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by rodeo0070(m): 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2013
Thumbs up to the people of Osun state...
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by Meritbaba(m): 12:39pm On Jul 14, 2013
The interchange bridge

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by wellmax(m): 12:42pm On Jul 14, 2013
Nonybb: N14.5 billion for an 18km road? That is unheard of!! Looting things activated and the poor uneducated Nigerians are girating over mediocrity

And FG is to spend N167 billion on a 127.6 kilometre Lag-Ib express.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by HarmonyB92(m): 12:47pm On Jul 14, 2013
[b][/b]Ogbeni Aregbesola You 're really trying for your State,Keep the flag flying.
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by MIDERIDWAN(m): 12:47pm On Jul 14, 2013
ManTiger: This road actually cost =N=27bn.

For your information,the contract was not won by RATCON construction company.It's actually a joint project of the government of the State of Osun,Sterling bank and an Afghanistan construction company (FEDI TIPE)......
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by MIDERIDWAN(m): 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2013
Nonybb: N14.5 billion for an 18km road? That is unheard of!! Looting things activated and the poor uneducated Nigerians are girating over mediocrity

we're not talking about just any road here,the standard is what we need.Even if he lavish #200 billion on an 18km road,the standard is what we're going to judge on.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2013
45km lagos to ibadan costs 160bn

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
MIDERIDWAN:

For your information,the contract was not won by RATCON construction company.It's actually a joint project of the government of the State of Osun,Sterling bank and an Afghanistan construction company (FEDI TIPE)......
afghanistan? shocked shocked

*terrorist alert* cheesy
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by akinjosh(m): 1:15pm On Jul 14, 2013

u should not just open ur mouth to say tyns, av u considered the terrain involved? Av u considered the compensations to be paid? Av u considered the quality of materials and work to be done?
If u had concrete facts to back ur claim of looting up or if the road had been completed and d quality is not standard den u can run ur mouth.

Ogbeni Aregbesola is doing well.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by Capnd143(m): 1:19pm On Jul 14, 2013
With the type of comments nairalanders spew ignorantly and hating all govt activities. I think nigerians are nigeria's main problem. In the words of the banana islander Yuzedo
i give up . . . .
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by omarky(m): 1:23pm On Jul 14, 2013

You are nothing but a looser....... And I can't comprehend how you think. Our dear Ogbeni is exploring all chances to make Osun a better place 4 us and the generation yet unborn and you are here saying trash. Is it not better to spend #14.5bn on even a 10km road dt is going to be use by all and sundry than getting a loan facility worth 18bn by d past administration to construct 6 mini stadia when Osun is not hosting COJA.... Ogbeni knws wht is good 4 us and dt wz why we voted massively 4 him back den in 2007.
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by SaintChukz(m): 1:29pm On Jul 14, 2013
I GUESS THIS IS POLITICS WE ARE DISCUSSING RIGHT...? PLEASE MODS HELP STICK THIS THREAD ON THE HOME FOR A FEW HOURS https://www.nairaland.com/1342473/nairalander-needs-least-500-votes#16544449 THANKS...!
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by MIDERIDWAN(m): 1:35pm On Jul 14, 2013
9jadelta: afghanistan? shocked shocked

*terrorist alert* cheesy

Awarding a road contract to a construction company from Afghanistan doesn't mean he invited terrorists to the state or the country.Moreover not every citizen of Afghanistan is a terrorist
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by geeez: 2:04pm On Jul 14, 2013
wellmax:

You didn't mention that Lag-IB is an existing carriage while this is an entirely new project and is a bridge for that matter
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by IGBOSON1: 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2013
adeokunade: This is a leader with vision, I was in Ekiti state and Osun in the past three weeks the exercised that I went there for took me to virtually all the local government in the two state and I was amazed with the infrastructural development and upgrades that I saw especially in Ekiti because their governor is not a noisemaker

^^^Any pics? If i went to a place that i was impressed with, i'd like to memorialise the experience for posterity (and nairaland) with pics/videos.
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by chitop(m): 2:45pm On Jul 14, 2013
MIDERIDWAN:

For your information the contractor (Yeditepe construction)is a
Turkish firm that also have a road project currently in Afganistan,
this meant for clarification.
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 14, 2013
Message to Mukina
#Free Abu Mikey
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by demsy21(m): 2:59pm On Jul 14, 2013
wellmax:

compare it for urself do u know calculation ? and we are talking about a 10lanes road that will link 2 major capital state now u making propaganda with a simple road... undecided undecided undecided
Re: Aregbesola To Build N14.5b Road In Osogbo by talk2me006(m): 3:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
I DID NOT AGREE WITH U

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwara Must Change Raises Alarm Over Influx Of Suspected Political Assassins / Card Readers Will No Longer Fail – INEC / See What One Of Those Employed Through Back Doors Into CBN Posted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.