Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes (16031 Views)

See All The Full Details: Al-mustapha Has Revealed How Sani Abacha Died / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE / Abiola's Family Has Forgiven Al Mustapha, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by kaze4blues(m): 6:38am On Jul 14, 2013
*Relieves prison experience *Abachas, grandmother set to receive him in Kano today…
Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, former Chief Security Officer to the late Head of State, General Sani Abacha, says he has forgiven those behind his 14 years sojourn in prison.

In an interview aired on BBC Hausa Service, yesterday, the former Abacha security goon said “there was conscious effort by those behind my travail to paint me black before the whole world, but my gratitude goes to God for allowing truth to triumph over falsehood”. He spoke about 24 hours after the Court of Appeal set him free.

Al-Mustapha stated: “The last 14 years of my life was spent between solitary confinement that lasted five years and three months and detention in about 32 facilities located within the northern and southern parts of the country.”

Recounting his experience in prison, the former CSO declared: “I was toughened by my professional calling and my belief as a Muslim to persevere in whatever condition one finds himself”, stressing that 14 years from home had been tough and laden with lesson of life

The one-time feared Major, in the emotional interview, said, “I am fully convinced that my travail was ordained by God to test my will and trust in Him and those laying claim to have played a role must have done that out of ignorance, and I bear no grudge against them.

“I have learnt a lot lessons from my incarceration and, from what I have seen at the maximum prison, there is a number of people who are being detained illegally across the prisons and those in position of authority must do something to address the issue”.

He added: “I am still a major in the Nigerian Army, and cannot be dragged into politics especially since I have been out for so long. I don’t think of politics, my major preoccupation now is how to reunite with my profession.”

Rally
Meanwhile, barring any last-minute change in plan, Maryam Sani Abacha, wife of the late Head of state, Abacha, is set to lead the entire Abacha family to receive him at Malam Aminu Kano International Airport as he returns home today. Al-Mustapha’s grandmother was also said to be anxious to see him.

Supporters and well-wishers of the freed former CSO were, yesterday, said to be planning to hold a rally for honour their hero.

A jingle by Muhammad Abacha, eldest son of the late Head of State, ran on virtually all radio stations in Kano, calling on Kano people to come out en masse to welcome Al Mustapha back home.

Palpable festivities enveloped the city of nine million people as many were seen discussing today’s event that promised to attract hundreds of thousands of people.

Al-Mustapha’s private residence, located at Lamido Crescent, Nassarawa GRA, wore a new look with increased activities as hordes of people were seen trooping in and out of the house.

Sunday Vanguard checks round the city showed posters of the late Abacha dotted strategic streets with those of Al-Mustapha.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/i-have-forgiven-my-foes-al-mustapha/

2 Likes

Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by nairaman66(m): 11:22am On Jul 14, 2013
Really? Know this Mr Mustafa- We haven't forgiven you for the dirty role you played during Abacha's regime! You may have been acquitted by this terrible Judicial System.

However, you are ever guilty as charged and posterity will judge you and your many folks who run this unDemocratic System of Government!

20 Likes

Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by demmy55(m): 11:24am On Jul 14, 2013
Comment reserved for now.

We have forgiven you too but I heard after you guys come out of prison, you take a high political post.

Comment still reserved o! Still watching...
Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by dokunbam(m): 11:24am On Jul 14, 2013
Who
?
Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by Nnamdini(m): 11:27am On Jul 14, 2013
I think Al-Mustapha has served his time.14 years behind bars was what dey gave him technically.making sure he lost all the advantages he had wit naija's defence & intelligence settings before dey set him free.what happend to him was pure 'judicial politics'.

5 Likes

Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by zebudaya(m): 11:27am On Jul 14, 2013
“I am still a major in the Nigerian Army, and cannot be dragged into politics especially since I have been out for so long. I don’t think of politics, my major preoccupation now is how to reunite with my profession.”

---This is what Obasanjo and co. have been scared of, Al Mustapha coming back to the military and overthrowing an elected government. He has the northern elite behind him. If Mohammed Abacha runs jingles welcoming you on your return from prison, you know you've got supporters. This man is dangerous.

13 Likes

Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by nairaman66(m): 11:30am On Jul 14, 2013
F
Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by Dzany(m): 11:30am On Jul 14, 2013
there's no place like home.
Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by stantob(m): 11:30am On Jul 14, 2013
Some make it in life,some dont.Hope you really learnt?
Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:32am On Jul 14, 2013
Who are his enemies?
Last Bullet:
The killers of Kudirat Abiola ll also meet their fate.
Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by youngay: 11:32am On Jul 14, 2013
oneangle: Justwise and FoD u re going down by 2015.prepare for death ok. God punish you and ur ppl. Iku lo ma pa yin . Oloriburukun. Ur death is sure .
easy today na sunday

4 Likes

Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by wisolf(m): 11:32am On Jul 14, 2013
Nigeria!!! never short of funny events
Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by Ayoobscom(m): 11:33am On Jul 14, 2013
Let this guy tuck his tongue jhoor
The family looks up to God now,whether he was responsible or not...there certainly shall come a day of recompense when God himself will be d judge

1 Like

Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by Moshood91(m): 11:33am On Jul 14, 2013
You hardly get to know the truth of any issue by listening to Naija top players. They all sound good, honest and innocent in interviews.
Anyway, justice prevails. Allah Akbar.

1 Like

Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by Bsmartt(m): 11:34am On Jul 14, 2013
i know God is the best of know-er and the see-er of the unseen.God is the best of judge...........
Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by Grego3(m): 11:34am On Jul 14, 2013
Wholehearted joy always eschew every form of bitterness.
Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by okolichibuzor(m): 11:35am On Jul 14, 2013
u have to...... Let there be peace. Forgive and forget
Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by emmydee(m): 11:35am On Jul 14, 2013
If really Al-Mustapha was not found guilty, d man shld just b left alone. He's still a Major.He is a very disciplined soldier.if he was that ambitious,he would have taken over after Abacha's death.But,how can he go back to d Army when those in leadership there now were his juniors?

1 Like

Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by deor03(m): 11:35am On Jul 14, 2013
He will be promoted to Lt. Col and retired

2 Likes

Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 14, 2013
I know u will say that. Especially after u have had 14 solid years to strategize on how to deal will those who caged you....
FYI, your percieved enemies are all in power.... So i hope u know where to channel your anger.

1 Like

Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by Lordave: 11:37am On Jul 14, 2013
Talk na free.
Who knows your mind?
Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by kufre2010: 11:37am On Jul 14, 2013
Thought I am still skeptical of him. I thank God 4 his freedom if truelly he is not guilty. Is good to forgive.
Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 14, 2013
Now the wicked Northern elites behind his incarceration are afraid of what he would reveal. Born to rule mentality made them to sale Al Mustapha. The man is now free because he wasn't found guilty of any crime. Thumbs up to judiciary. One word for you Al Mustapha, don't ever cheat on your wife. She suffer pass u 4 dis ur mata wey u dey see so.

2 Likes

Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by tomakint: 11:41am On Jul 14, 2013
If he had forgiven his foes, how about those he is enemies to, have they forgiven him? Congrats on his release after 14 years cool
Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by fkaz(m): 11:42am On Jul 14, 2013
Any plan for coup sir? Because you were accused of attempted coup plotting even while you are in prison. Now that you are free, inconjunction with the NSA, The sky is your limit. grin

2 Likes

Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by CEOPetMata: 11:43am On Jul 14, 2013
youngay: easy today na sunday
boss abeg no vex oh. I dey para. These ppl na bastards. Justwise na em go die first cos na enemy of progress. Evil moderators.
Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by Vonwolf(m): 11:46am On Jul 14, 2013
The present administration has done him favor, go home and sin no more, and for those who think his freedom means danger, forget it...there is more to it than you understand.

1 Like

Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by jhydebaba(m): 11:47am On Jul 14, 2013
MUSTAPHA for PRESIDENT 2015
Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by stephenponti(m): 11:47am On Jul 14, 2013
His encounter wt tb joshua must hv influenced his love 4 his enemies.
Re: Al- Mustapha Has Forgiven All His Foes by kollybay4u: 11:47am On Jul 14, 2013
Can you be free from God?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Approves Work On Second Niger Bridge Onitsha. / FG Signs Pact To Build $1 Billion Power Plant In Akwa Ibom / Photos From Jigawa PDP Campaign Rally 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.