Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa (15578 Views)

Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Timi Alaibe Withdraws From APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa / "How I Will Operate As Nigeria’s First Lady" – Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by Gbawe: 9:13am On Jul 14, 2013
Armored Personnel Carrier Deployed To Guard Mrs. Jonathan’s Guest House In Bayelsa
Posted: July 14, 2013 - 06:10

APC and soldiers guarding Mrs. Jonathan's private business premises

By SaharaReporters, New York
A few days after the Goodluck Jonathan administration withdrew operatives of the Joint Task Force assigned to protect Government House in Rivers State, SaharaReporters has learnt that the president’s wife, Patience Jonathan, is using soldiers to guard her private guest house in Yenogoa, the capital of Bayelsa State.

Earlier this week, the Presidency ordered the withdrawal of JTF operatives guarding the official residence of Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi as a political feud between the governor, on the one hand, and President Jonathan and his wife, on the other, intensified. There was chaos in the chambers of the Rivers State legislature as four state law makers tied to the president and First Lady attempted, but failed, to impeach the speaker. In the aftermath of a bloody confrontation, the Jonathan administration pulled Mr. Amaechi’s security apparatus, which is controlled by the Federal Government.

By contrast, soldiers paid by Nigerian taxpayers are deployed to keep round-the-clock guard at Magels Resort, a commercial guest house owned by Mrs. Jonathan. The guest house has been shut down for several years and is undergoing extensive renovation that began about six weeks ago. In addition to the presence of armed soldiers, a brand new armed personnel carrier is also permanently stationed at the premises of the First Lady’s guest house.

Apart from the guest house, Mrs. Jonathan also owns a five-star hotel in the Okaka area of Yenagoa. The hotel, which construction was recently completed, is also heavily guarded by operatives of the JTF.

Mrs. Jonathan, who is notorious for greed and corruption, has acquired extensive landed properties in both Rivers and Bayelsa states. Her desire to control the politics of her home state of Rivers State is a big element in a simmering political crisis that turned bloody this week
. Law makers loyal to Mrs. Jonathan stormed the state legislature with a contingent of thugs in a daring attempt to hijack the leadership of the legislative body.

Outraged by the absurd turn of events, Nobel laureate Wole Soyinka called on President Jonathan to restrain his wife’s meddlesomeness in the affairs of Rivers State.

Mrs. Jonathan bankrolled the lavish wedding ceremony of one of the four lawmakers who spearheaded the chaos in the state assembly.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/armored-personnel-carrier-deployed-guard-mrs-jonathan%E2%80%99s-guest-house-bayelsa

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by ademony(m): 9:20am On Jul 14, 2013
Ontop wetin? Oga o for these our OGA @ d TOP and her Lady o
Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by k2039: 9:40am On Jul 14, 2013
With power comes the abuse of power. And where there are bosses, there are crazy bosses.
Without wisdom, power tends to destroy the one who wields it.
It's nothing new.

9 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 14, 2013
Gbawe,

Please change the title to read "Armored Personnel Carrier Deployed To Guard First Lady's Business Premises in Bayelsa"

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by tyson99(m): 9:43am On Jul 14, 2013
I hate dis woman called LAME abi na DAME.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by takedat(m): 9:43am On Jul 14, 2013
Some will start questioning the credibility of the source when they have nothing to say. Same way they called SR names during Patience health saga. grin

11 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by solomon111(m): 9:46am On Jul 14, 2013
Sahara reporters?
Yawnnnn.
Wake me up when you get a credible source.

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 14, 2013
PEJ is sure an albatross around d neck of our pliant husband

While GEJ is known to av serpentine disposition to evrytin whereby he is quick to deny his involvement in d Amaechi imbroglio reminiscent of d 'It wasn't me' musical fame of Shaggy,PEJ on the other hand is a brutish n bullish no-do-gooder whose presence,actions,body-lang n movt av consistently brought public odium to d presidency of Jonathan

Ebele has a lot on his plate already n shd rein in d wife frm strutting d political landscape like a toad but I doubt if d president wil call his wife to order as it is bcuming increasingly palpable dat d wife is controlling him

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:55am On Jul 14, 2013
This woman always making the news for the wrong reasons

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:10am On Jul 14, 2013
It's not a new thing. That's how past first ladies do in Nigeria. But it ll surely stop soon.
Last Bullet:
tyson99: I hate dis woman called LAME abi na DAME.
hate is a very strong word. U hate her cos u neva chop 4rm her.

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by biafransoul: 10:11am On Jul 14, 2013
ULSHERLAN: This woman always making the news for the wrong reasons

You call that trash news? like someone said, wake me up when you have a credible source. till then.......

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by taharqa2: 10:12am On Jul 14, 2013
Here we go again, with another sillly PROPAGANDA from d stables of ACN (ala, APC) and d Media houses within its pockets/control. A 'story' filled with Lies, Half-truths, Distortions and all-out Propaganda tru and tru...... By d way, d Opposition shld quit been d COWARDS that they are, attacking a man they desparantly want to take power from (the MAIN reason for all the efforts) tru indirect means; attacking him tru: his wife, 'Ameachi', who (or who did not) receive him in a foreign country, what shirt or hat he is putting on, how he shaked his guests yesterday, how many times he eats in a day, and other sillly things, etc etc. Be MAN enough to attack him directly, on more serious rather than frivolious things. I mean, if this GEJ is so 'terrible' as they tell us, it should be pretty easy to bring up many REAL things he had done in other to discredit him. Abi?? This method only goes that far...

15 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by immortalvoices(m): 10:20am On Jul 14, 2013
REHOZIBAH: PEJ is sure an albatross around d neck of our pliant husband

While GEJ is known to av serpentine disposition to evrytin whereby he is quick to deny his involvement in d Amaechi imbroglio reminiscent of d 'It wasn't me' musical fame of Shaggy,PEJ on the other hand is a brutish n bullish no-do-gooder whose presence,actions,body-lang n movt av consistently brought public odium to d presidency of Jonathan

Ebele has a lot on his plate already n shd rein in d wife frm strutting d political landscape like a toad but I doubt if d president wil call his wife to order as it is bcuming increasingly palpable dat d wife is controlling him

Oyinbo english too much, simple put "pej is controlling Gej" you meant to say.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by takedat(m): 10:22am On Jul 14, 2013
Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by Sunofgod(m): 10:24am On Jul 14, 2013
Good on her . . . .if na my wife na 'US Combat Troops and Snipers go dey my villa right now.

Why have power if you can't show it?

10 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by figment232(m): 10:33am On Jul 14, 2013
tyson99: I hate dis woman called LAME abi na DAME.
Ashawo pickin shut up!

9 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by devigblegble: 10:34am On Jul 14, 2013
Rubbish this woman never stop to amaze me, illiterate jerk

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by drnoel: 10:34am On Jul 14, 2013
Gbawe:

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/armored-personnel-carrier-deployed-guard-mrs-jonathan%E2%80%99s-guest-house-bayelsa
Sahara reporters Propaganda at its best...

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by figment232(m): 10:35am On Jul 14, 2013
REHOZIBAH: PEJ is sure an albatross around d neck of our pliant husband

Amaechi is a nonentity

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by fitzmayowa: 10:35am On Jul 14, 2013
So Mrs Retardeeness, sef they fear...LMAO

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by Cruxxy(m): 10:39am On Jul 14, 2013
This is the same woman that said her husband is the best "couple" on earth

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by Navalsadiq(m): 10:43am On Jul 14, 2013
There is absolutely nothing wrong with soldiers guarding the first ladies guest house.she is the presidents wife for GOD sake. so she needs to be properly guarded and secured.NIGERIANS and mixed fillings.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by Navalsadiq(m): 10:43am On Jul 14, 2013
There is absolutely nothing wrong with soldiers guarding the first ladies guest house.she is the presidents wife for GOD sake. so she needs to be properly guarded and secured.NIGERIANS and mixed feelings.
Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by Olaone1: 10:44am On Jul 14, 2013
eGuerrilla: Gbawe,

Please change the title to read "Armored Personnel Carrier Deployed To Guard First Lady's Business Premises in Bayelsa"
For maximum effect, abi? grin
Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by takedat(m): 10:44am On Jul 14, 2013
The position of the First Lady must be the best job in the world, it does not require one to stand in any elections and there is no minimum qualification to be a first lady hence we have illiterates wielding power without any sense of responsibility. The level of ignorance, arrogance and insensitivity defies belief. Nigerians should rise against this political aberration, anyone who wants to wield power and influence should contest for elections. The First lady phenomenon has become an affliction!

17 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by takedat(m): 10:45am On Jul 14, 2013
Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by Linoversace: 10:46am On Jul 14, 2013
She owns a five star hotel and they are guarded by JTF...Which kain abuse of power be this? angry
Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by imsuboi(m): 10:46am On Jul 14, 2013
With tax payers' money.

ALL HAIL THE RE.TARDEEN!
Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by TRILLIONIAR: 10:55am On Jul 14, 2013
taharqa2: Here we go again, with another sillly PROPAGANDA from d stables of ACN (ala, APC) and d Media houses within its pocket. A 'story' filled with Lies, Half-truths, Distortions and all-out Propaganda tru and tru...... By d way, d Opposition shld quit been d COWARDS that they, attacking a man they desparantly want to take power from (the MAIN reason for all the efforts) tru indirect means, attacking him tru: his wife, 'Ameach', who or who did not receive him in a foreign country, what shirt or hat he is putting on, how he shaked his guests, how many times he eats in a day, and other sillly things. Be MAN enough to attack him directly, on more serious rather than frivolious things. I mean, if this GEJ is so 'terrible' like they tell us, it should be pretty easy to bring up many REAL things he had done in other to discredit him. This method only goes that far...
GOAT TELL US THE TRUTH THEN

12 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 14, 2013
Jonathan and his wife will definitely go to jail after their terrible reign.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by Pataki: 10:56am On Jul 14, 2013
I am not surprised. It should be clear to all, Patience Jonathan clearly gives instructions to Goodluck in Aso Rock.

I am not surprised. You withdraw APC tanks from the official state government residence and you now allocate it to be guarding business investments of Patience Jonathan. What a vindictive government.

I am not surprised. When Prof. Soyinka informed Nigerians, that Jonathan should be held accountable if anything happens to Amaechi, some bunch of stewpeed Nigerians started heaping insults on the sagacious Prof.

I am not surprised. Nigerians in the north are becoming refugees in places like Niger, Chad and Cameroon. The government is busy protecting business interest and properties of Patience Jonathan while 42 lives of students were killed in Yobe!

And this is the same people that will come begging for your votes in 2015? If we have a conscience in this country, this disgraceful couple of President and his wife should be behind bars by now.

17 Likes

Re: Soldiers Guard First lady's business premise In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 14, 2013
Sun of god: Good on her . . . .if na my wife na 'US Combat Troops and Snipers go dey my villa right now.

Why have power if you can't show it?

But don't you think this is a mis use of power?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction / 14 Years Since Abacha Departed: Drop A Message / Construction Of The Navy's 2 New Vessels Start In Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.