Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss (29000 Views)

Facial Surgery- Congolese Boy Mauled By Chimps / Have You Tried Adams Desire? / Has Anyone Tried Slimming Herb German Herb Thai & Co( Its A Slimming Tea) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by XcashAnthony(m): 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2013
[img]http://www..com/talk/photo.jpg?action=dlattach&topic=160854.0&attach=58895&image.jpg[/img]

A Canadian teen got a little too close for comfort to a lion she was helping care for in a South African rehabilitation facility when the beast tried to drag her into its cage by the legs.

Lauren Fagen, 18, was volunteering at the Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre when she leaned in to kiss the beast's fur.

The Montreal girl was then pulled into the animal's cage, her legs gnawed and gashed by the lion and its mate, before she was finally dragged away by a lifesaving fellow volunteer.

It began as a dream. Fagen was all set to attend McGill University in the fall and wanted to indulge a lifelong passion for animals.

She travelled to the Limpopo province of South Africa to work with the animals at Moholoholo, a center established in 1991 for the rehabilitation of wild African animals like rhinos and honey badgers.

They give a home to injured and poisoned animals that can no longer live in the wild.

Fagen’s job was to clean cages. Only trained professionals are allowed to feed the lions.

But Fagen wasn’t feeding 5-year-old Duma, a male, when the attack occurred. She was leaning in to kiss its fur, reports the Canadian Globe and Mail.

‘I didn’t realize he could stick his paws through,’ Fagen said of the powerful feline.

The lion grabbed her and dragged her legs into the cage, where it began tearing at them

Its mate joined in, as well, by pouncing on the girl’s feet.

‘I should have died or lost a leg. It was a miracle that I survived,’ she said.

Fagen said the big cat was being ‘very, very friendly’ before the attack hinting she may have been lulled into a false sense of safety.

And she told ABC News via Skype from a Pretoria hospital that she still thinks the lion meant no real harm to her.

Hearing her screams, some fellow volunteers came running.

One of them, a veterinary nurse from Britain, managed to beat the the lion and lioness off of Fagen with a broom.

‘Both her knees were injured and she had puncture wounds in the calf and huge gouges out of her thigh,' said 24-year-old lifesaver Natalie Bennett.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2360754/Canadian-teen-Lauren-Fagen-suffers-huge-rips-body-trying-KISS-lion.html
http://www.naijacodites.tk/

1 Like

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by benchilovsky(m): 5:44pm On Jul 14, 2013
Not surprised....canadian people get mumu for body.

11 Likes

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by Emmyk(m): 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
Meant no real harm to her. Lol. This is mini-harm then

5 Likes

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by dominique(f): 5:18am On Jul 15, 2013
Makes for an episode of 'untamed and uncut'. She should thank her stars she's alive.

5 Likes

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by Nobody: 5:23am On Jul 15, 2013
dominique: Makes for an episode of 'untamed and uncut'. She should thank her stars she's alive.

grin grin People are crazy.
Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by adira(f): 4:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
what a movie!

1 Like

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by theripper3: 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2013
All dis oyinbo people mumu sef.

2 Likes

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2013
Oyinbo too like kiss cheesy
Too much Disney movies or haven't you watched beauty and the beast?? Am sure she felt her kiss would turn the lion into a prince

21 Likes

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
Lol South African Lion.
Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by venorite(m): 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
Kiss the lion's fur for what....mtscheew

1 Like

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by amiskurie(m): 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
IS DEVIL INVOLVED?

2 Likes

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
Why kiss a lion ?

3 Likes

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by naptu2: 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
Reminds me of the guy that got mauled by a panda at a chinese zoo. He said it looked so cute that he just had to hug it. Thankfully zoo-keepers rushed in and saved his life.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7743748.stm

4 Likes

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by FineBro(m): 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
Is she a learner?

3 Likes

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by SlyIg(f): 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmm...
Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by Fazhy: 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
STAY AWAY FROM THE FENCE. THEY BITE.- That sign is there for a reason.

3 Likes

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by nosike3(m): 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
what comes to my mind when I see a lion is leather shoe,belt and bag.... Kiss ko fvcq ni angry

2 Likes

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by YoshiMaster: 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
Wait, so LIMPOPO is a place?

Soooo, why does that guy say "oya limpopo", I am getting closer to unravelling these mysteries.

14 Likes

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by kzokul(m): 4:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
All dis oyibo pple like world record....na world record she dey find so o....SMH

1 Like

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
nosike3: what comes to my mind when I see a lion is leather shoe,belt and bag.... Kiss ko fvcq ni angry
I need to report you to PETA.

1 Like

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by akatonero(m): 4:24pm On Jul 15, 2013
Oyibo and their wahala how many south Africans she see there soon them go wan share food with lion Mk we see who go be food grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by dridowu: 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
Oyinbo no 2 get brain
Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by Dovahkiin(m): 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
white people....
Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
See am?

Kissing a Lion!

Yet the same girl would front when her boyfriend wants a Bl0wJ0b

She must have thought the lion was friendly Mufasa from the cartoons...

Lion wey dey H grin

3 Likes

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by RockMaxi: 4:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
dridowu: Oyinbo no 2 get brain

Reason they were well ahead of you in Development..

3 Likes

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by kstyle2(m): 4:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
And i jst told 1 annoying chick make she go hug lion.hope she dosent také it crious o

2 Likes

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by Denningtedy(m): 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2013
E be lyk say D oyimbo girl get cow spirit 4 bdy...

4 Likes

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by Adex097: 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
Wait, so LIMPOPO is a place?

Soooo, why does that guy say "oya limpopo", I am getting closer to unravelling these mysteries.
*in Kcee's voice*
Oya limpopo
Baby make we go limpopo...

6 Likes

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by inosend: 4:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
Dis oyinbo ppl sef, i tire 4 dem. Or, maybe, just may be, she was an antelope in her former life..

2 Likes

Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by LOUDmedia(m): 4:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
Re: Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss by adconline(m): 4:31pm On Jul 15, 2013
How is this on the front page? So she didnt know that? Maybe she should have drunk poison to see if it could kill her.maybe jumping onto the expressway to see if she could be run over by a car/truck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Waist Pains Early In The Morning After Getting Up From Bed. / How Did You Overcome Your Tooth Problem? / Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.