Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,098 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

What Soyinka Said - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Soyinka Said (2113 Views)

Prof Wole Soyinka Said "Only Four Set Of Ppl Will Vote For GEJ" / What Prof Soyinka Said About Buhari • Soyinka Queries His Adoption By Opposition / What WOLE SOYINKA Said (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Soyinka Said by IleIfe2(m): 4:51am On Jul 18, 2013
A lot of people have been making funny comments about Wole Soyinka's objection to an irritating trend he noticed about the presidebcy. This is to help everyone that did not watch the short clip or those that hear but can not comprehend.

tongue
Re: What Soyinka Said by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 18, 2013
But the morons and illiterates will soon come to trash this thread.
Re: What Soyinka Said by Ngwakwe: 7:05am On Jul 18, 2013
You don't need to interpret or explain anything to anybody for any reason if the Prof fails to communicate let him be speaking and fooling himself as he takes pleasure in confusing himself with Colonial Language.

Speaking grammar should be the least of things that attract glory or respect to a man. We are looking for people who will solve life puzzles through science, technology, social re-engineering, educational / knowledge transfer and innovations.

3 Likes

Re: What Soyinka Said by KwoiZabo(m): 7:38am On Jul 18, 2013
Soyinka is already rolling in the mud and no face lift can help him this period. Where was he when Tinubu made his daughter Iyaloja or when he clearly deposed Senator Mamora and put his wife? As usual his microphone doesn't work on issues like that. Bigots

2 Likes

Re: What Soyinka Said by ba7man(m): 7:53am On Jul 18, 2013
The question is....."Is Wole Soyinka telling the truth or not with what he said". Read it, meditate on it and give yourselves the answer with good reasons.

Damn!! There are a lot of mentally challenged individuals in the Country.
Re: What Soyinka Said by PointB: 7:57am On Jul 18, 2013
I didn't know the erudite prof, and Nobel Laureate in English Literature needs an interpreter to help him communicate in English. One of the basic tenets of public speaking is to know the audience, and communicate to them at their level. If Soyinka doesn't understand this simple trick then in which way is he better than Patrick obahiagbon whose people deemed not fit enough to represent them at that national assembly because of his unreasonable verbosity?

In anycase, let the twist and turns continue, intelligent Nigerians have heard enough of his rant to know that the Prof stoop low from his usually high pedestal to engage in mudslinging, not with the Presidency, but with the President wife's and the dwellers of the 'Delta swamp' . That is the perception that will last a very long time.

Now let's stand arms akimbo and hear which rants he chooses to address the shot from Abacha's daughter. Should be fun!
Soyinka is now the latest clown in the market square!

2 Likes

Re: What Soyinka Said by IleIfe2(m): 9:27am On Jul 18, 2013
PointB: I didn't know the erudite prof, and Nobel Laureate in English Literature needs an interpreter to help him communicate in English. One of the basic tenets of public speaking is to know the audience, and communicate to them at their level. If Soyinka doesn't understand this simple trick then in which way is he better than Patrick obahiagbon whose people deemed not fit enough to represent them at that national assembly because of his unreasonable verbosity?

In anycase, let the twist and turns continue, intelligent Nigerians have heard enough of his rant to know that the Prof stoop low from his usually high pedestal to engage in mudslinging, not with the Presidency, but with the President wife's and the dwellers of the 'Delta swamp' . That is the perception that will last a very long time.

Now let's stand arms akimbo and hear which rants he chooses to address the shot from Abacha's daughter. Should be fun!

The Prof's words were clear and direct. A mere domestic appendage of POWER should not be going around the country holding state capitals hostage. No one is twisting and turning anything.

And you expect him to respond to a twitter rant of an ex dictator's daughter who is probably a domestic appendage to some paedophile, literally. Seriously?.........apart from NLs who gives a damn about what she says.

1 Like

Re: What Soyinka Said by IleIfe2(m): 9:33am On Jul 18, 2013
KwoiZabo: Soyinka is already rolling in the mud and no face lift can help him this period. Where was he when Tinubu made his daughter Iyaloja or when he clearly deposed Senator Mamora and put his wife? As usual his microphone doesn't work on issues like that. Bigots

Well, if you call this rolling in mud, he and others rolled in it for Nigeria to gain independence
He rolled in it for Biafra and landed in solitary confinement for 2 years.
He rolled in it during Abacha's regime and was sentenced to death. etc
Re: What Soyinka Said by Demdem(m): 9:34am On Jul 18, 2013
The Prof spoke excellently well as usual. Retardeeness is fast becoming a Nuisance and unfortunately Jonathan isn't man enough to curtail his wife.

1 Like

Re: What Soyinka Said by Ngwakwe: 9:46am On Jul 18, 2013
You are trying to tell us that he the Prof committed grammatical blunder by misinterpreting his statement out of sequence.

Can you tell the house of what use and in what agreement is the adjective "Domestic" to the phrase /clause "Appendage of Power"

Ile-Ife:

The Prof's words were clear and direct. A mere domestic appendage of POWER
Re: What Soyinka Said by dirifred(m): 10:03am On Jul 18, 2013
Ile-Ife:

The Prof's words were clear and direct. A mere domestic appendage of POWER should not be going around the country holding state capitals hostage. No one is twisting and turning anything.

And you expect him to respond to a twitter rant of an ex dictator's daughter who is probably a domestic appendage to some paedophile, literally. Seriously?.........apart from NLs who gives a damn about what she says.
Why are you trying so hard to explain what you claim does not need explanation? I really think we need more peace in our dear country, that will never be achieved by accusations and counter-accusations.
Re: What Soyinka Said by AZeD1(m): 10:22am On Jul 18, 2013
Ile-Ife:
A lot of people have been making funny comments about Wole Soyinka's objection to an irritating trend he noticed about the presidebcy. This is to help everyone that did not watch the short clip or those that hear but can not comprehend.

Wole soyinka said and i quote "When things get to a stage where an unelected person, a mere domestic appendage of power can seize control of a place for eleven days and as a result of her presence, the Executive governor of that state is told by a police man - You can't pass here because the queen is there"

Let it be clear to everyone, Madame Patience Faka Jonathan is a mere domestic appendage of power to this administration and no man born of a woman can change that. What office does she occupy and who voted her there. Imagine Michelle Obama and her security deatails barricading the streets of New york because she and her friends are having a party or whatever gathering, and they do this for 11 good days stopping Bloomberg from gaining access to certain areas of the city. Haba?

If the President really wants to deal with Governor Amaechi, he has all the state resources at his disposal, he should go ahead and stop pretending to be democratic and end the unnecessary embarrassment to the Office of the President. Its no taboo not to be democratic, in fact being undemocratic works better in developing countries and things get done ASAP.

http://madameaproko..com/2013/07/what-soyinka-said-about-patience.html
Dude there is no need trying to explain what Wole said. Those who are outraged by the comment do not know the meaning of "domestic appendage" and like the typical Nigerian youth, they are too lazy to find out.
Re: What Soyinka Said by Omexonomy: 10:41am On Jul 18, 2013
Please kindly tell wole to Insult pej if he want to insult her as it is the wont of his tribes men to always insult people and he should stop insulting women.
If wole needs an interpreter to explain to people what he is saying then the purpose of COMMUNICATION SKILLS IS DEAD AND SHOULD BE THROWN TO PIGS. Somebody should call wole to order he is disgracing him self
Re: What Soyinka Said by PointB: 10:55am On Jul 18, 2013
Ile-Ife:

@bolded,
Now judging from his antecedent, how will that be beneath the one who bashes women? Is trolling beneath a troll?
Re: What Soyinka Said by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
PointB: I didn't know the erudite prof, and Nobel Laureate in English Literature needs an interpreter to help him communicate in English. One of the basic tenets of public speaking is to know the audience, and communicate to them at their level. If Soyinka doesn't understand this simple trick then in which way is he better than Patrick obahiagbon whose people deemed not fit enough to represent them at that national assembly because of his unreasonable verbosity?

Nobody can communicate with everybody: our level of understanding is different. Even in our local languages the same thing applies. There are some people whose spoken Yoruba may be difficult for me to understand. Will I because I don't understand it say the person is not communicate, even though others say the do? I'm sorry if you don't fall in the cathegory of people that understand the prof.
Re: What Soyinka Said by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 18, 2013

with your needle size brain you couldn't comprehend what Soyinka said and so you decide to reduce it to an issue between the prof and the hippo.

in black and white what Soyinka is saying is simple; "cage the unelected grammatical bomber and bar her from interfering with elected authorities" I don't remember Nigerians voting for an occupant to the office of the first lady!!

3 Likes

Re: What Soyinka Said by PointB: 1:49pm On Jul 18, 2013
torkaka:

with your needle size brain you couldn't comprehend what Soyinka said and so you decide to reduce it to an issue between the prof and the hippo.

in black and white what Soyinka is saying is simple; "cage the unelected grammatical bomber and bar her from interfering with elected authorities" I don't remember Nigerians voting for an occupant to the office of the first lady!!

Cage the hippo or mammy wata, the exotic produce from the 'delta swamp'? Who was referred to as hippo? Your wife or mum?
Re: What Soyinka Said by IleIfe2(m): 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2013
torkaka:

Re: What Soyinka Said by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
PointB:

Cage the hippo or mammy wata, the exotic produce from the 'delta swamp'? Who was referred to as hippo? Your wife or mum?

not my wife nor my mum but the character who refuses to recognise the significance of the office placed on her husband preferring to go about acting without decorum!! they say when in Rome act like the Romans alas ours is a hippo who refuses to act like the Romans while in Rome but instead goes about displaying her barbaric heritage!!

like someone once said, "there's no making up this pig to pass as a cutie puppy"

2 Likes

Re: What Soyinka Said by PointB: 5:10pm On Jul 18, 2013
dbl post
Re: What Soyinka Said by PointB: 5:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
torkaka:

not my wife nor my mum but the character who refuses to recognise the significance of the office placed on her husband preferring to go about acting without decorum!! they say when in Rome act like the Romans alas ours is a hippo who refuses to act like the Romans while in Rome but instead goes about displaying her barbaric heritage!!

like someone once said, "there's no making up this pig to pass as a cutie puppy"

All the same, sane people take exception to the professor calling people names, because it doesn't solve any problem. Sane people!
Re: What Soyinka Said by sleekdot(m): 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
English must be extremely hard for some

In Jonathans place of work she has no role and her only relevance there is as a domestic appendage.

If your office, The only relevance of your wife is as an appendage/attachment of you.

Same way at your wifes place of work your only business at her place of work is as a domestic appendage of her

I know English must be hard for some of you

1 Like

Re: What Soyinka Said by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2013
PointB:

All the same, sane people take exception to the professor calling people names, because it doesn't solve any problem. Sane people!

surely you are familiar with the term "figurative language". I ask because I assume you are intelligent!!

1 Like

Re: What Soyinka Said by Demdem(m): 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2013
torkaka:

surely you are familiar with the term "figurative language". I ask because I assume you are intelligent!!

1 Like

Re: What Soyinka Said by omenka(m): 8:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
KwoiZabo: Soyinka is already rolling in the mud and no face lift can help him this period. Where was he when Tinubu made his daughter Iyaloja or when he clearly deposed Senator Mamora and put his wife? As usual his microphone doesn't work on issues like that. Bigots

Ode! Clap for yasef!! Oya... Hope u did??

What you just did is giving your child a big pat on the back, congratulating him for repeating a class because your naighbor's child failed the exams as well!!!

When u look in the mirror, what do u rly see??
Re: What Soyinka Said by omenka(m): 9:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
Re: What Soyinka Said by kunlekunle: 9:07pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ngwakwe: You don't need to interpret or explain anything to anybody for any reason if the Prof fails to communicate let him be speaking and fooling himself as he takes pleasure in confusing himself with Colonial Language.

Speaking grammar should be the least of things that attract glory or respect to a man. We are looking for people who will solve life puzzles through science, technology, social re-engineering, educational / knowledge transfer and innovations.

all these you get through self discovery.
its never taught in any school, college or uni
he has perfected that aspect of social re-engineering.

iwo nko?.
Re: What Soyinka Said by walexbiz(m): 11:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
With all due respect, I will like to ask a question if patience is not a mere domestic appendage and Mr Seun please let us put it to vote to know whether she is a domestic appendage or not. Please my brothers from the east and the delta I think most of you need to go to school so as to know meaning of a mere domestic appendage.
Re: What Soyinka Said by RtFNJ: 12:02am On Jul 19, 2013
People like wole soyinka shouldn't be talking in this country.. A man who brot Cultism to our country, hw fa our youths today.. I keep wondering,he said he a prof,didn't he learn that wot ever you say to a married woman u r directly or indirectly referring it to her house band.. Were was he wen Abacha and his group almost finished dis country.. Now its GEJ everybody wants to be a political commentator.. Silence is d best answer for a FOOL.. Dats exactly wot GEJ is tell dem
Re: What Soyinka Said by bernfame(f): 1:13am On Jul 19, 2013
God bless you @poster! The problem was and still is 'The English Language'. I think the Nigerian people should cultivate the habit of reading or listening comprehensively before making comments. English may be our lingua franca but about 80% of Nigerians do not speak/understand good English.
Re: What Soyinka Said by Ngwakwe: 1:33am On Jul 19, 2013
bernfame: God bless you @poster! The problem was and still is 'The English Language'. I think the Nigerian people should cultivate the habit of reading or listening comprehensively before making comments. English may be our lingua franca but about 80% of Nigerians do not speak/understand good English.
Re: What Soyinka Said by Ngwakwe: 1:37am On Jul 19, 2013
Our lingua franca or rather lingua tonia na Pidgin English, e no be Grammar. Lai lai

bernfame: God bless you @poster! The problem was and still is 'The English Language'. I think the Nigerian people should cultivate the habit of reading or listening comprehensively before making comments. English may be our lingua franca but about 80% of Nigerians do not speak/understand good English.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wu Killed It Nigerias 1st Lady Vs Cameroon / Abacha Knew the Type of Person OBJ was..he locked him up..GEJ should do same.!! / 10 Top Things Nigerians Now Accept As Normal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.