Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,402 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

A Nairalander Declaration Fro Public Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nairalander Declaration Fro Public Office (694 Views)

A Nairalander's Declaration Of Asset. / Presidency Denies Expelling DSS Officials Fro Aso Rock / APC Wants Obanikoro Banned From Public Office, Adesiyan Sacked As Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Declaration Fro Public Office by Godmann(m): 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2013
[size=18pt]My Declaration[/size]

I have had two happiest days in my life.

The first was my first day in University as a student. I was so happy that I went the whole day without food. I was happy because I found myself in my choice citadel of learning. I was joyous believing that I have stepped my foot into a place I would learn the hidden knowledge that maketh an “intelligent man”. I was excited because I found it as a stepping stone towards achieving my dream goal of being an inventor. My choice of Computer Science as a course was motivated by the goal.

Down the line, I saw the other part of our national life, and my socio-political activism was born. From the University days, through my brief working career, including my days in the UK both as an undergraduate student of Advanced Computing, and as a typical Nigerian hustler on the streets and offices of UK; a progressive political radicalism took a better part of me. As consequence, A greater dream was born.

I wanted a Revolution in Nigeria. I want it in all African states. I want the “accident of history” that has left the Blackman the weeping child of the world to be quickly reversed. I choose to die fighting for this, than to live to an old age, in this present state of chaos.

This is my second dream, this I see as my call. I am not going to be the President of Nigeria soon. Only the President has the powers to begin to change our conditions. But I have fought like an individual without means for this cause that I cherish. I have lived with the price that goes with taking my stand in a society like ours. I know it is only brave people that forgo an immediate need for a greater tomorrow. I know it take greater LOVE to sacrifice personal interest for a greater interest of a larger society. I understand love to be the centre of all faith. I see my cause a better faith, because my Love is driven by higher ideas; and myself a better servant of that same God – our source – that we all look up to.

Deriving from the above is born my second happiest day in life

I am happy as I choose to declare my intention to contest to represent the Igbo-Etiti/Uzo Uwani Federal constituency.

I am contesting because a group of anonymous gentlemen offered to fund a substantial part of the campaign. I was selected purely based on a shared ideology; and I swear never to fail the interest of the masses of this country which is synonymous with that of my prime backers.

In going into this, I am not unaware of the dangerous political terrain we are in. I am conscious of the challenges ahead. I also know the antics of our master riggers. But like I have said, I can never surrender to a ruthless un-ethical gangs; I will stand to fight for the cause of my father land. That is what my little knowledge of my Igbo world view taught me.

My voyage to Abuja will be to join with every available progressive in the land, to hold the government accountable to our people. I was an anti-government and so will I remain; until a government “of”, “by” and “for” Nigerian people is born kin our land.

UNDER WHICH PARTY WILL I CONTEST?
I share the anti-corruption ideology of Buhari. I will every stand solidly behind him so long as he remains honest in his pursuit. I will search him out in whatever party he is in; and I pray he sincerely contest.

I can never be part of PDP. The party has gone beyond redemption. I will not share same platform with majority of the PDP men. My base is the people and the youths. I will avoid professional politicians because they are as irredeemable as PDP. I will watch APC as it evolve, but will run my campaign independent of any party until time comes.

I welcome every progressive out there as a supporter, especially those from Igbo-Etiti/Uzouwani Federal Constituency. I would not mind dropping out for a capable and trusted hand who share in our dream and will offer him every support. In particular, we can channel the funds from our sponsors in his support.

What I seek, I seek for the good of our people. What I give, I give for the sake of humanity and our creator.

So help me God.
Re: A Nairalander Declaration Fro Public Office by ULSHERLAN(m): 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2013
GOODLUCKJONATHAN to you
Re: A Nairalander Declaration Fro Public Office by Godmann(m): 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
ULSHERLAN: GOODLUCKJONATHAN to you

I take strong objection to that because the worst person I will want to associate myself with is GEJ.

You can google my name or checkout my old blog to know where I stand.

http://godmanaleke..com/
Re: A Nairalander Declaration Fro Public Office by DisGuy: 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
Have you registered?

What have you done before?
Re: A Nairalander Declaration Fro Public Office by Godmann(m): 8:00am On Jul 19, 2013
Dis Guy: Have you registered?

What have you done before?

I have registered ever since. I have always taken active interest politics in Politics and have ensured I always voted in my village booths since 1999.

Every young men in the village knows my position on politics and governance. I am an antic-corruption lone ranger. While they share my ideas; they do tell me that I alone cannot do it and that they are hungry
Re: A Nairalander Declaration Fro Public Office by Godmann(m): 10:26am On Jul 19, 2013
Sequel to my declarations yesterday, I have had series of discussions with friends and immediate circle of friends and a team is emerging.

Our human resource recruitment has commenced. The goal is to identify key and capable personnel that shares our goals and are disposed to work in any given way to achieve our goal.

All my life, I have been a transparent man. I have been driven solely by intelligence and quest for knowledge. The goal therefore is not just to run for a public office but to set positive precedence, educate and empower our people by breaking new grounds. We know that, not few eyes are watching us, and will emulate every positive thing we can achieve. We aim to educate them as we go along by this open campaign. I tell you, it is innovative and will work to everyone’s advantage.

In running this campaign, we must set standards to be copied by future by present and future public office seeking contestants. If we can run a public and transparent campaign, we will definitely run a transparent government; and this is the challenge. Of course, key tactics and strategies that can ruin our strengths and expose our weaknesses (if any) will never be disclosed. I am sorry but this has to be.

In this regard, we invite all to follow our campaign on this forum and monitor our speeches and ideological stands on http://godmanaleke..com/.

We are commencing the recruitment of key personnel. We want to identify the people who share our dream and their capabilities (commitment levels, talents and availability). We have drawn up a number of committees and defined their tasks (sorry, this is not to be disclosed. Figure it out. But they are large enough to admit every serious and capable hand as members of the campaign team) and their working relationships and reporting levels. The task is to fill them with the right attributes. I cannot state the committees here. Remember, there will be no bias in our recruitment. The key things we want are commitment, talent and dedication.

One thing we must note is that everyone is invited. But the assignment to various tasks is to be determined by a committee of 3 men who is going to run this campaign. Picking these 3 musketeers is the only decision I have taken alone and so will it remain. I should be held responsible if they let us down. I do not hope to take any other decision alone till the end of my tenur as a house member. In recruiting, our target is the youths because they are like virgins grounds which can take any seeds. Their energy levels are key.

For those that want to work with us, drop a mail to godwin.aleke@gmail.com detailing the following:
Names,
Phone number,
Email address,
Your community (if from our constituency) or where you are from.
Tell us if you want to be a public member or work for us anonymously.
Give any number of lines stating your goals and demand from us from to the election and after the election when I will be on the house. We swear to protect the identity of anybody that wants to work with us anonymously. If we cannot accept your conditions, we will let you know.

We are not going to run a secret cult. We want harness every positive potential of our people fully. Ours is that of a vessel through which we can collectively achieve good governance and empowerment of our people, over gangsters and impostors
We will prove the way we will run the office by the way we run this campaign. At any point you disagree with us, let us know.

Not that we promise to run the office with a minimum of 20 persons. We will recruit them at the end of the campaign from those that will prove their mettle during the campaign. The only office to be recruited outside the campaign team when we win is a capable Legal adviser, if we fail to have one as a member. These people will be paid from my entitlements from the office. I anticipate a minimum of 10 for the Abuja office and a minimum of 10 also for the 10 constituency offices to be open after the election. The offices will be located 3 in Igbo-Etiti who I understand is larger and 2 in Uzo-uwani. If there are strong cases to make the offices 3 per each local government based on equality of local government, we will consider that if our resources can afford that.
The people to populate the Abuja office will be graduates grounded in law, policy and politics. They will articulate our positions on national issues; draft our speeches and bills; and help in establishing alliances with other House members; toward achieving the interest of our constituency and that of Nigeria in whole.

The constituency officers will interact with the members of our constituency on day to day position and pass same to the Abuja team.

With the above, we will give appropriate representation to our people and establish the much lacking link between our people and governance.

The tie is cast. Let all hand come on deck.
Re: A Nairalander Declaration Fro Public Office by kkkp: 11:11am On Jul 19, 2013
WELCOM TO APC
Re: A Nairalander Declaration Fro Public Office by Godmann(m): 12:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
kkkp:
WELCOM TO APC

Serious option if the party is not hijacked by people we consider as against our interest.

I previously worked for CPC in the last election where we were hindered by funds. Luckily we have enough funds for this campaign and our area of concentration is very minimal.

We are winning the election with any party so long as JEGA does not announce the election from Abuja. The election cannot even be rigged at any any of the local government levels because we will police our votes and will win PDP when it come to having "all the other things" that matter.

I have been in this election business and 3 musketeers I have so much confidence on

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Judge Sacked In Gambia Over Bribe / Reactions Trail Delta Assembly N1.2 Billion USA Leadership Training Jamboree / Mamadu Bama, Second-in-command Of Boko Haram Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.