Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,267 members, 7,957,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:00 PM

After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken (20015 Views)

My Wedding Pixs / My Wedding Pictures. / My Wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by DICKtator: 4:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
---
My earlier post was removed by Osama bing Hiden
grin grin grin grin
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by ManTiger(m): 4:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
Buy chicken for them, collect your money, commot that club and find another club.

1 Like

Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by emmanuel4758(m): 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2013
---
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2013
your agent dey f0rk up. commot go anoda club b4 season start oo

3 Likes

Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by Rocktation(f): 4:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
Enough of all these. This is pretty serious ish, for the mature. angry

1 Like

Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by Funkeogunjobi(f): 4:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
Give them the chicken and forget about the hungry club.
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
Rocktation: Enough of all these. This is pretty serious ish, for the mature. angry
Can you explain, a lot of us don't understand what this club entails/is about?? Are u in the same club as the op??

2 Likes

Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by Enkaynwa(f): 4:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
Op. If i understood u well, u people are 32 members, but only 12 came for ur wedding, & for dat u gave them only 12 chicken.
U are very wrong, i believe u ppl hav a constitution, u are supposed to present d exact number/quantity of all ur constitution says even if it was only one person dat came, it is their right, unless & until u give it to them, they'l also give u ur right.

1 Like

Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by SELFWORTH: 4:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
Hilarious post!

grin grin grin grin
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by Rocktation(f): 4:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
*Shollypopz:

Can you explain, a lot of us don't understand what this club entails/is about?? Are u in the same club as the op??

Seriously Sholly, when did you leave Nigeria? Apart from being a place where rockstars can party, a club can also be an association that's dedicated to a particular interest or activity. Most of our Naija folks belong(ed) to their town's clubs and the likes...dedicated to community development and stuff like that.
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
tankwa: I did my wedding in feb'13 but since then, my club members have refused to pay me my right of N40,000, because the chicken I gave then was incomplete. All the food I cooked for them were not consumed up to half. Now they said I must bring chicken for each of the members of the club. My arguement is that only 12 out of 32 members attended my wedding. Why should I cook chicken for 32 members now, instead of completing it for those 12 that attended?
What do I do? Advice me.
better do what they are asking. No law to be proven here, worst case scenario, you will be expelled. Just give them what they want. Clubs are same all over nigeria, scratch my back, i'll scratch urs. Scratch theirs properly so they can scratch urs.

The 40k will be contributed by all members both the ones that attended and absent. So give all of them their chicken.
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by slimyem: 5:04pm On Jul 19, 2013
Yours must be one very useless club. You had better forget about the 40k and dissociate yourself from the association.

Btw,I didn't know that youth do these things. I thought it was something for the oldies.undecided

1 Like

Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
Rocktation:

Seriously Sholly, when did you leave Nigeria? Apart from being a place where rockstars can party, a club can also be an association that's dedicated to a particular interest or activity. Most of our Naija folks belong(ed) to their town's clubs and the likes...dedicated to community development and stuff like that.
LoL, mid-teen.

Sorry, one more thing....
So the community is encouraging marriage among young adults by paying newly weds N40,000??
What does that have to do with the incomplete chicken at her wedding?? Is there some sort of quota or list that they have to fulfill before the money is given to them??
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by IAMBREEZY: 5:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
WHICH CLUB @OP
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by slimyem: 5:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
Shollypopz:
LoL, mid-teen.

So the community is encouraging marriage among young adults by paying newly weds N40,000??
What does that have to do with the incomplete chicken at her wedding?? Is there some sort of quota or list that they have to fulfill before the money is given to them??
If you left Nigeria as a teen, you should know how these things work or worked.
Where did you live when you were here? Banana Eyeland? tongue
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by lekkie073(m): 5:10pm On Jul 19, 2013
Or club members, r they witches and wizards ? angry
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by yuzedo: 5:10pm On Jul 19, 2013
I can gave u my c..ock for all your club member. Is so big shocked it go round all of them, even remain join. wink

3 Likes

Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2013
slimyem: If you left Nigeria as a teen, you should know how these things work or worked.
Where did you live when you were here? Banana Eyeland? tongue
LoL, I don't think this is a popular knowledge in Lagos. A lot more people on this thread are as confused as I am. The only thing I know that is close to this type of stuff is landlord meetings and committees for the development of estates and ish. I never heard of this type of clubs. LoL, I did not live in Banana Island, but I'm sure I will when I marry yuzedo.

1 Like

Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2013
Rocktation: Enough of all these. This is pretty serious ish, for the mature. angry
It's a joke. What kind of club is it?. I don't know people still partake in such.
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by chreldb(m): 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2013
This na serious mata! grin grin grin
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by Godson201333(m): 5:27pm On Jul 19, 2013
Excuse me Maaaadamu...what kinda of club are you talking about??
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by Rocktation(f): 5:27pm On Jul 19, 2013
Shollypopz:
LoL, mid-teen.

No. Normally, if you have an event, like a funeral or your child's wedding to host, the entitlement would be like their own financial support in your time of financial need. Usually, these funds come from the contributions they make at every meeting for their movement, and since the purpose of the club is to better themselves, they make it a point to help each other financially on very special occassions. They tell you to treat them "right" at your occassion and the entitlement will be yours. The right could mean; giving them a special canopy, a cooler loaded with rice, crates of drinks, one carton of chicken...and on like that. Ne'ertheless, they choose the kind of people they play like that. If you really need money or are really poor, such may never happen.

1 Like

Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by blackbeau1(f): 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
Forget about the 40k.they won't give it to you.
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by Rocktation(f): 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2013
slimyem: Yours must be one very useless club. You had better forget about the 40k and dissociate yourself from the association.

Btw,I didn't know that youth do these things. I thought it was something for the oldies.undecided

Normally, once you get married, youngy or not, you are qualified to join your town's club.

But that aside, how d'you know the OP is young? undecided
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by slimyem: 5:39pm On Jul 19, 2013
Shollypopz:
LoL, I don't think this is a popular knowledge in Lagos. A lot more people on this thread are as confused as I am. The only thing I know that is close to this type of stuff is landlord meetings and committees for the development of estates and ish. I never heard of this type of clubs. LoL, I did not live in Banana Island, but I'm sure I will when I marry yuzedo.
There are associations mostly of friends around the same age group,sex and class. They hold meetings either forthnightly,monthly or quaterly and the hosting is usually rotated around members. They are called clubs and their aim is to foster unity , strenghten friendship,and support one another too at all times.
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by Rocktation(f): 5:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
Shollypopz:

It is more than a popular knowledge in Lagos. In fact, it is even more popular in the city than the villas. Because the people seem more interested in connecting with themselves when they're far from home. Club meeting grounds are also avenues to showcase your clothes, cars and wealth. How many villagers can afford that?
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by Onuokwu: 5:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
tankwa: I did my wedding in feb'13 but since then, my club members have refused to pay me my right of N40,000, because the chicken I gave then was incomplete. All the food I cooked for them were not consumed up to half. Now they said I must bring chicken for each of the members of the club. My arguement is that only 12 out of 32 members attended my wedding. Why should I cook chicken for 32 members now, instead of completing it for those 12 that attended?
What do I do? Advice me.

Is that the only problem you have for now? Praise be to God. You need to do thanksgiving.
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
Rocktation:

It is more than a popular knowledge in Lagos. In fact, it is even more popular in the city than the villas. Because the people seem more interested in connecting with themselves when they're far from home. Club meeting grounds are also avenues to showcase your clothes, cars and wealth. How many villagers can afford that?
Oh, I see.
I think it's tailored to older people. That will explain why a lot of us are clueless.
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by tellwisdom: 5:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
Is it Atagungun club.( Grind pepper)
Jeun jeun club??( Chop Chop)
ko si owo club?? (Money no dey)

I give up undecided
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by kukus01(m): 5:58pm On Jul 19, 2013
and this bullcrap made frontpage because of 40k!!!! shocked since feb have you not spent more than 40k!!!! poverty must be part of your club's slogan!!!
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by salt1: 6:02pm On Jul 19, 2013
slimyem: There are associations mostly of friends around the same age group,sex and class. They hold meetings either forthnightly,monthly or quaterly and the hosting is usually rotated around members. They are called clubs and their aim is to foster unity , strenghten friendship,and support one another too at all times.

So much for fostering unity and strengthening friendship! Now they are quarrelling over chicken
I will never belong to such a group!
Re: After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken by iykofias(m): 6:05pm On Jul 19, 2013
D rate at whc ds tin is happenin is becoming alarming.imagine!!! even rooney want to go to chelsea because dey eat chicken at half time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits / SPECIAL INVITATION: Mr/Mrs. Nchekwube's Child Dedication / A Most Classy Wedding (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.