Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Step Out In Faith! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Step Out In Faith! (717 Views)

Grow In Faith / Pastors Asking All Virgins To Step Out. Is It Right? / Is A Book Sufficient Enough To Guide Millions In Faith? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Step Out In Faith! by greatgod2012(f): 5:52am On Jul 19, 2013
While observing my quiet time this morning, the Holy spirit led me to using "the Word For Today" and the topic there, i think its worthwhile to share.
Many Christians believe that we can get anything we want when we pray, yes, its true, but we have to back up our prayers by taking a step of faith and doing something. Some people are very good in calculating risks, give them one business idea, they will give you 101 risks that are attached to it, which will not let them step ut, they always see the risk but never see the blessings attached to it, they are always afraid to launch out, because of fear of losing or failing, but the truth is, when we dont take risks and find something doing, there is nothing for God to bless. So, lets go to today's devotional booklet of "the word for today" of Friday the 19th July, 2013 and see what God has in stock for us.

STEP OUT IN FAITH!!!
Unless you're willing to take risks, you wont succeed in life. Yes, there is time for playing it safe, but when caution becomes a lifestyle, you get bogged down in mediocrity and failure while life passes you by. When you finish praying, searching the scriptures and listening to godly counsel...........you've got to step out in faith.

Four lepers in 2kings chapter 7 sat outside the famine-stricken city of Samaria, they considered their situation,"we are starving to death, there's food in the city, enemy soldiers are in the city, we can play it safe, sit here and die, or go into the city and see whether they feed us or kill us" they knew their worst option was playing it safe and doing nothing. So, what happened? They were saved by taking a step of faith. Now, your risks may be less dramatic, but unless you take them, you'll never fulfill your God-given assignment in life. The Bible says, "whoever digs a pit may fall into it, whoever breaks through a wall may be bitten by a snake, whoever quarries stones may be injured by them, whoever splits logs may be endangered by them (ecclesiastes10:8-9) by trying to avoid falls, bites, injuries, danger, etc, you miss out on life's opportunities. Walking by faith means.......
1. Accepting worthwhile risks. You've got to go out on a limb, for that's where the fruit is.
2. Preparing wisely for your risks. God rewards excellence. "using a dull axe requires great strenght, so sharpen the blade, that's the value of wisdom; it helps you to succeed" (Ecclesiastes 10:10) so, go ahead, STEP OUT IN FAITH!

May God give us wisdom to understand His message. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Step Out In Faith! by biolabee(m): 6:03am On Jul 19, 2013
smiley
Re: Step Out In Faith! by greatgod2012(f): 8:59am On Jul 19, 2013
biolabee: smiley

kiss
Re: Step Out In Faith! by pickabeau1: 1:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
.. It will be nice to put some more Word for Todays as one is led

Sunday 5 Jan

Are You Feeling Insecure? (1)

'Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you...' Jeremiah 1:8

Jeremiah writes: 'Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you [set you apart]; I ordained you a prophet to the nations." Then said I: "Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth." But the Lord said to me: "Do not say, 'I am a youth,' for you shall go to all to whom I send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you," says the Lord. Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and...said: "Behold, I have put My words in your mouth. See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out and to pull down, to destroy and to throw down, to build and to plant...I am ready to perform My word'' (vv. 4-12 NKJV). Does the job you've been called to do seem too big for you? On your own, it is, but not when you include God! You're not working alone; God is with you. Whether it's to pull down or build up, the One who called you will equip you, empower you and give you success. He didn't make a mistake when He picked you. You say, 'If only I had the education, talent and experience of so-and-so.' If God wanted them, He'd have chosen them, but He chose you. Just be yourself, trust God, and everything will go well for you.

Re: Step Out In Faith! by 4tunebest(f): 9:13am On Jan 07, 2014
pickabeau1: .. It will be nice to put some more Word for Todays as one is led
Sunday 5 Jan

Whao! This msg is sooooooo timely. Permit me to say it is exclusively 4 me. Thank you Jesus for confirming your word
Re: Step Out In Faith! by pickabeau1: 9:21am On Jan 07, 2014
It also helped me too

Very apt..

4tunebest:

Whao! This msg is sooooooo timely. Permit me to say it is exclusively 4 me. Thank you Jesus for confirming your word

(1) (Reply)

Sharia Finance Is Bogus Says Expert / What Is Deism About? Are deists Considered To Be theist? / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Of COZA Speaks In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.