Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Between Ford E250 And Peugeot Boxer Which One Is Better - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between Ford E250 And Peugeot Boxer Which One Is Better (2543 Views)

I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice / How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? / Peugeot 406: How Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Ford E250 And Peugeot Boxer Which One Is Better by eminikansoso(m): 9:57am On Jul 19, 2013
please someone in the house should help me with this. Between Ford E250 & Peugeot Boxer which one is better in term of maintenance, strong, fuel consumption and durability? this is because i want to go into haulage business from one state to another.
Thanks
Awaiting your comments
Re: Between Ford E250 And Peugeot Boxer Which One Is Better by Fixed: 6:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
I am sorry I have no idea of Ford E250 but let me feed you on Peugeot boxer:

Let me start by saying my experience covers the use of Boxer for haulage from the Middle-belt (Plateau, Benue and Nassarawa states) to Ijora/Ketu and other parts of Lagos. I must say that transport business is not for the faint-hearted and perhaps it requires your time, sound knowledge of the particular area of interest coupled with good judgment and firmness in decision taking. Commercial drivers are the most difficult worker to handle! They tell you stories upon stories while they are milking you dry! If you have the capacity to handle drivers and also have shock absorbers for surprises, then read on otherwise close the chapter right here. Please note that I am not scaring you but ust getting you prepared.

A very sound diesel powered boxer will cost you about N800k while one with a petrol-powered engine will cost you N1.4M. You will soon know the reason for this wide disparity. After buying the bus, you must do some work on it such as - adding more springs to raise the vehicle as it will be overloaded whether you are there or not. I tell you this is what kills these transport vehicles. Each spring costs N12k and you may add up to three to each side.
1. Together with the U-bolts and workmanship, set apart N80k for the springs.
2. Commercial Plate number with the hackney permit depending on routes, N50k.
3. Believe it or not, I buy used tires as the 4 new tires I bought for N100k did not last a return trip! I changed all my tires, and 2 rims. Used tires cost N60k for 6 and 4 rims costs N60k as well. This is because, the standard is 2 spare tires. If you will be carrying vegetables, you need to make some benches for N10k. Oil service is cheap

1 Like

Re: Between Ford E250 And Peugeot Boxer Which One Is Better by Fixed: 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
Sorry for the disjointed post, accidental clicks of the mouse

4. Oil service is cheap, 1 gallon of Mobil XHP oil (petrol engine) with Peugeot filter. The service is done at the end of two return trips (Abuja/Jos - Lagos - Abuja/Jos/Gboko/Kaduna/Zaria is a return trip.
5. Brake pads lasts only one return trip but sold for only N1,500.
6. Regular maintenance of the break linings at the back and the shafts are very important. It is also at every other return trip. Parts and workmanship may run up to N10k.
7. Expect some damages within the month - Broken mirror, deformed tire or rim, broken lights, leaking hoses, bashed body, bulbs etc. These cost money. I have paid N25k to LASTMA for offences like missing seat belt and driving against traffic. I paid to get my vehicle out because my driver committed the offence.
8. At some point, you get report of arrests by LASTMA, police, FRSC and threats from local boys generating funds for local government in the name of frivolous permits like radio and tv permit.

I actually pay my current driver N60k or N15k per week
At the harvest season which starts around April/May and runs till mid December, they can do about six return trips in a month. Each trip with Agbero deduction from source is about N45k if they are sincere. fuel/diesel per trip is about N20k - yes its not up to but they will make sure they collect that much one way or the other. For a return trip, you get N50k and for 6 return trips, you get about N300k in a month.

From N350k, deduct N60k for driver salary, he settles his motor boy and deduct another N60k as maintenance for the month if your bus is very good. you are then left with about N200k. The scenario above is still Ceteris Paribus -ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL!

To be continued sir...
N17k when there is n

1 Like

Re: Between Ford E250 And Peugeot Boxer Which One Is Better by kingschild123(m): 7:54pm On Jul 23, 2013
The Peogueot Boxer has reverse problems and water issue problems but I really think its okay to have a Peogueot due to the availablity of the parts in nigeria ford E250 costs more to maintain I have a friend of mine battling with it he regretted buying it just my opinion anyway
Re: Between Ford E250 And Peugeot Boxer Which One Is Better by dgitrader(m): 11:32am On Jul 25, 2013
From my lil findings, the boxer is the best option, due to parts availability and our mentainance cuture. Get the fuel type if u can

@ Fixed , i urge you to continue with your great analysis, am almost into haulage biz too.
Kindly post me ur contact .. my email is dgitrader@yahoo.com
I urgently need to learn from you.
Re: Between Ford E250 And Peugeot Boxer Which One Is Better by Realfrankilala: 11:29am On Aug 05, 2015
Great write up, i am also new in this business and need all the support i can get , Kindly send me your contact, Mine is frankilala@yahoo.com. I urgently need to speak to you.

1 Like

Re: Between Ford E250 And Peugeot Boxer Which One Is Better by MrHighSea: 9:49am On Apr 23, 2022
Fixed:

Sir,
Your experience is what I'm using to make a decisive move.

What's your take on Shaft (front wheel) and Axle (back wheel) Vans (Peugeot boxer, Ford Transit, Renault)?

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Mercedes-benz Cars Of All Time / Which Should I Go For? Mercedes ML 320 2002 OR Toyoto Highlander 2003 / Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.