Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,107 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

What Makes You Appreciate Life? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Makes You Appreciate Life? (2615 Views)

What Makes You Feel Your Spouse Is The Best? / What Do You Appreciate Most About Your Life? / Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes You Appreciate Life? by Cayon(f): 3:38am On May 24, 2008
What makes you appreciate life? The little things. the big things
Re: What Makes You Appreciate Life? by 4Him1(m): 3:56am On May 24, 2008
the little things, like being able to wake up in the morning hale and hearty. When you work in a hospital you get to appreciate so many things you take for granted.
Re: What Makes You Appreciate Life? by mohawkchic(f): 4:46am On May 24, 2008
~Most times its always the "Small Things" in Life that we often take for granted that makes us appreciate Life More,then there are instances when the "Big Things" make me learn to feel gratitude and Fully appreciate that i am what i am. . .it cud be the news on Tv,a documentary about poverty,War. . .Sometimes its the smallest things like a smile from maybe a stranger even,Kind words. . .it varies but somehow i find myself affected by some things that happen,makes me realise how lucky. . {i suppose BLESSED is the right word}. . .I Am to even be Alive!!

~Today i celebrate 31years of being on Planet Earth,i cudnt appreciate life more,Am Thankful . . .so many of my peers didnt get to see this day,your question is soul searching. . .  i realise in my quest for happiness i have to Appreciate Every form of my life BIg or small,i will always be thankful for My Family,friends,the People i know,the faceless ones i havent even met yet. . . N All I have!!

~@4him I agree w/ you wholeheartedly!!
Re: What Makes You Appreciate Life? by Cayon(f): 2:59pm On May 24, 2008
ditto
4 Him:

the little things, like being able to wake up in the morning hale and hearty.
Re: What Makes You Appreciate Life? by Cayon(f): 3:02pm On May 24, 2008
Well siad Mohawkchic. A Happy Birthday to you. May all your birthday wishes come true. I'll be celebrating my b/day this Sunday, God spear life
mohawkchic:

~Most times its always the "Small Things" in Life that we often take for granted that makes us appreciate Life More,then there are instances when the "Big Things" make me learn to feel gratitude and Fully appreciate that i am what i am. . .it cud be the news on Tv,a documentary about poverty,War. . .Sometimes its the smallest things like a smile from maybe a stranger even,Kind words. . .it varies but somehow i find myself affected by some things that happen,makes me realise how lucky. . {i suppose BLESSED is the right word}. . .I Am to even be Alive!!

~Today i celebrate 31years of being on Planet Earth,i cudnt appreciate life more,Am Thankful . . .so many of my peers didnt get to see this day,your question is soul searching. . . i realise in my quest for happiness i have to Appreciate Every form of my life BIg or small,i will always be thankful for My Family,friends,the People i know,the faceless ones i havent even met yet. . . N All I have!!

~@4him I agree w/ you wholeheartedly!!
Re: What Makes You Appreciate Life? by coolier(f): 6:07pm On May 24, 2008
mohawkchic:

~Today i celebrate 31years of being on Planet Earth,i cudnt appreciate life more

Happy Celebration!
Re: What Makes You Appreciate Life? by jacq(f): 6:30pm On May 24, 2008
Happy birthday @ mowhawkchic !

Life is a strange journey we all have to go thru,sometimes will have to apprieciate all the things in life no matter how small.
Re: What Makes You Appreciate Life? by bigfather(m): 7:07pm On May 24, 2008
For the fact that i wake up to see a new day and my families are also hale and hearty is a thing of joy and praise for me !
Thanks be to the almighty FATHER ! grin
Re: What Makes You Appreciate Life? by 4Him1(m): 8:53pm On May 24, 2008
happy birthday mohawk.
Re: What Makes You Appreciate Life? by Cayon(f): 5:19pm On May 25, 2008
Over the hill, few more wrinkles, perhaps newer wisdom.  Yet I am thankful to God on my 41st b/day.  This is what my daughter wrote in my bithday card

[i]Dear mommy:

Words or action can't express what you mean to me. You are a wonderful mother, best friend, father and provider. you have done many good things for me, I hope you enjoy your 41st birthday because it only comes once.

$10.00, it's not much but enjoy yourself @ the movies. Love you smiley"[/i]

Living to see her grow into a fine young lady, makes me appreciate life. cry cry cry
Re: What Makes You Appreciate Life? by mohawkchic(f): 6:23pm On May 25, 2008
~Aaaw Thank You Cayon~ 4HIm ~ Jacq~ Coolier kiss Very Much Appreciated grin~
Re: What Makes You Appreciate Life? by CrazyMan(m): 8:14pm On May 25, 2008
It would always be money; when you see all the latest rides and big house you would always want to have such goodies for yourself; that’s what makes me enjoy life.
Re: What Makes You Appreciate Life? by mohawkchic(f): 9:48pm On May 25, 2008
~I knw & Share that feeling of wanting to see your child grow up Cayon!! I bet that $10  was the most Appreciated Money you were evere given!!

~Sweet Words too  grin~
Re: What Makes You Appreciate Life? by Spermdrops(m): 12:09am On May 26, 2008
Family, friends and having fun.

The fact that I work in a place where people have all the money in the world but cannot by good health.

The fact that money cannot buy happiness.

The fact that heaven and earth, reward and punishment, and the likes exist in this world and not in the afterlife.

The fact that you WILL always reap what you sow.

Most importantly, the fact that I love my life and myself more than anything else in this world.  And that the almighty being or beings have favored me in giving me the means to supply ALL my needs.

And. . . . . . . . [size=15pt]NOT IN NIGERIA! THANK HEAVENS!!!!! [/size]
Life is beautiful. kiss
Re: What Makes You Appreciate Life? by HRhotness(f): 12:19am On May 26, 2008
the little things mainly

~ that joy can be found in the most unlikely places

~ small unexpected gestures of kindness

~ human triumph in the face of unimaginable tragedy
Re: What Makes You Appreciate Life? by Nobody: 12:34am On May 26, 2008
Flowers in the spring, cool
The stars in the night sky cool
The soft breeze on my skin cool
The sound of music cool
Looking out my window seeing the serenity that comes with the trees in my neighbourhood cool
Lest I forget Babies cool

These are what I call priceless cool
Re: What Makes You Appreciate Life? by lordy(m): 9:07am On May 27, 2008
For me, it is having the ingredients of[b] LIVING. [/b]The hard-to-describe intangibles –
independence,
financial freedom,
peace of mind,
smiles,
hugs,
kids,
laughter,
playing,
affectionate touches,
music,
love,
good spirit,
good food,
travels and vacation.

When all these things are working in harmony, something special happens. A magic that makes life truly worth living. At this stage you’ve started living.

Refer to my post:
Is there really a difference between living and existing?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-133048.0.html

(1) (Reply)

Sista's Experience At Nairaland / Who Impregnated This Lady? How Did It Happen? / I Feel So Cheated By My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.