Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,529 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Husband Or Parents: Who Owns The Woman? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Or Parents: Who Owns The Woman? (2846 Views)

Very Low-intellectual Youths In Nigeria: Who's To Blame-schools Or Parents? / Who Is The Rightful Owner Of The Breast? The Husband Or The Child. / Pastor Or Parents: Whose Decision Is Final On Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Or Parents: Who Owns The Woman? by mizkay(f): 8:31pm On Jun 18, 2006
OWN? OWNS? WTF Na slavery? I thought the days of abject slavery are well over,, but apparently some you want to ressurect them. What century is this? No human being (NO WOMAN) is an object who is turned into a prize possession. STOP IT! RIGHT NOW! before I pluck your eyes out!
Re: Husband Or Parents: Who Owns The Woman? by goodguy(m): 10:27pm On Jun 18, 2006
Do some people just read the topic and post, without bothering to read the post of the thread starter; or they just ignore them intentionally and go ahead to post anything they feel like?
Re: Husband Or Parents: Who Owns The Woman? by Kadeejah(f): 2:42am On Jun 24, 2006
why we gotta be "owned"? shocked
Re: Husband Or Parents: Who Owns The Woman? by dominobaby(f): 10:41pm On Jun 24, 2006
I really wudn't like to use the word 'own'.
Idealy, after marriage, the wife n d husband are ONE and there's no issue of who owns d other. At this point, the parents have little or no say. Thats not to say they r neglected.
Re: Husband Or Parents: Who Owns The Woman? by WesleyanA(f): 5:48am On Jul 20, 2006
goodguy:

Do some people just read the topic and post, without bothering to read the post of the thread starter; or they just ignore them intentionally and go ahead to post anything they feel like?

Maybe you should change the topic title. We find it offensive! angry .
j/k  cheesy

you can't "own" or "posess" a human whether male or female unless it's your son/daughter and he/she is under 18. lol
at least not here in the U.S i guess.
Re: Husband Or Parents: Who Owns The Woman? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 20, 2006
the woman owns herself! If you mean who should the woman give more priority to then the answer is obvious! When you get married you leave your parents to become one flesh with your compagnion!
Re: Husband Or Parents: Who Owns The Woman? by ladykool(f): 9:14pm On Sep 23, 2006
for me i think when u are married u ave lrft ur parents to ur husband which u luv so i will say de husband. the parent ave own u for a long time so when u are married they ave to let go and let ur husband take place or why did they say u be with each other in bad times and in good times so for me when i get married ma husband owns me!
Re: Husband Or Parents: Who Owns The Woman? by kimba(m): 11:24pm On Sep 23, 2006
God owns everybody. Kaput!!!
Re: Husband Or Parents: Who Owns The Woman? by MP007(m): 10:34am On Oct 26, 2007
OWN sounds stupid and irresponsible,

shockingly , none of them own her, The pendulum swings to her husband cos they parent gave her away (traditional crap) , , some are men are to be given away to women, just saying (husband u dey go ur wifes house grin)
Re: Husband Or Parents: Who Owns The Woman? by MP007(m): 10:35am On Oct 26, 2007
OWN sounds stupid and irresponsible,

shockingly , none of them own her, The pendulum swings to her husband cos they parent gave her away (traditional crap) , , some  men are to be given away to women, just saying (husband u dey go ur wifes house grin)
Re: Husband Or Parents: Who Owns The Woman? by Bblak(f): 4:29pm On Oct 26, 2007
sighs
Re: Husband Or Parents: Who Owns The Woman? by Oracle(m): 6:38pm On Nov 20, 2007
I don't think the word "OWN" is right.
Nobody owns her, they're all family

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Fight A Younger Person For Calling You Name And Not Bro Or Aunt / How Do You Cope With The Death Of Your Child/children? / How Far Is Too Much In Being Romantic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.