Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,020 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 (123155 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Uniben Pulls Out Of ASUU Strike / Breaking News - ASUU-lasu May Pull Out Of ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by destino24(m): 9:19pm On Aug 05, 2013
ESUT exam timetable came out last week. Exams will be starting next week monday
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by originbm: 11:49pm On Aug 05, 2013
rudian: undecided Praying seriously for University of Benin to opt out too, this delay is getting me all antsy.

and i'm praying 4 ur prayer not to b answered.no offence intended but am sure no optometry or pharmacy student will b praying for the strike to b called off now
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by megawax8: 4:12am On Aug 06, 2013
make good use of your tym @ home...
Effective planning,optimum learning!!!

Avail yourself dis oppurtunity in the ongoing 'UNILEVER CAMPUS LEARNING WEEK' for university students.

You stand to gain more and lose nothing.
Its day3 today,and i encourag everyone to utilize this opportunity not only to learn but socialize and create opportunities for himself/herself @ an institution as big as unilever.

For more info,visit this link
https://www.nairaland.com/1386171/unilever-campus-learning-week
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Feraz(m): 10:29am On Aug 06, 2013
rudian: undecided Praying seriously for University of Benin to opt out too, this delay is getting me all antsy.
University of Benin! Wake up sis

1 Like

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by GboyegaD(m): 11:11am On Aug 06, 2013
Walexz02: This type of behaviour is not healthy for any nations development, how could some members of ASUU pull out of the strike? When will Nigerians understand that it is better to die on your feet than to live on your knee This is not good at all angry

The very reason why I have never supported the strike(s) for years. The fact is they don't have a common grounds which makes it easier for government to take them unserious because they know that sooner than later, some of them will pull out leaving the remaining with no choice than calling it off.
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by rudian(f): 5:00am On Aug 07, 2013
No offence taken. But kindly explain why optometry and pharmacy students won't pray for the strike to end?
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by rudian(f): 5:04am On Aug 07, 2013
[quote author=originbm]

and i'm praying 4 ur prayer not to b answered.no offence intended but am sure no optometry or pharmacy student will b praying for the strike to b called off now. Pls explain why optometry and pharmacy students want the strike to continue?
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Nellizzy(m): 9:06am On Aug 07, 2013
na style ASUU wan take call strike so,since shame nor let them declare am
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Dygeasy(m): 1:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
opeyemitee: abeg, make OAU too opt out sef. i don tire for house. undecided
You Sef Know Say Na OAU Go Call am Off Last. grin

1 Like

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
Dygeasy: You Sef Know Say Na OAU Go Call am Off Last. grin
i tell u ohh... OAU too dey carry strike for their head.. Imagine, my part adviser tell me say make i expect abt 3 months strike.. undecided
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by ZACHIE: 8:43am On Aug 08, 2013
Unilorin didn't join in the beginning
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by juharchzie: 9:28am On Aug 08, 2013
Come Guys I'm not an undergraduate but I feel their pain! We all know that our country is blessed,if this government wants to resolve this lingering strike they can do it cos we have the resources,Now ask yourselves how much is ASUU demanding that's too much for this government to pay? Ask again where is the money recovered from fuel subsidy,crude oil theft,money from EFCC ceased from fraudulent Nigerians just to mention a few, is this money not enough to solve this problem once and for all? Ask again how much is allocated to education in our yearly budget? Less than 10% Is it right? Yet the government pretends to care for education which is the foundation of every country.Let's do things right my fellow Nigerians! ASUU on their part should consider the present administration being a caring government it will solve the issue step by step...... ASUU call off the strike and the government will finish the remaining part of the agreement in no distant time! God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by bollyrossy: 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2013
Unilag will soon opt out so I heard n I pray ooo
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by unmask: 5:42pm On Aug 08, 2013
As it always happens the government will come out on top....I was in one of the top federal govrrnment institutions and we couldn't get electricity to perform practicals...equipments where as old as 1960 yet we are saying the strike should end... We are our problem not the Government fela said that much and lagbaja has reiterated the same...

I guess Its time to put my passport to good use Ghana here I come I want to start ice block business

2 Likes

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by deligatus(m): 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2013
u get sense @all
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Rajosh(m): 7:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
Waiting for A.B.U Zaria to pull out.Final year things on my mind.
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 09, 2013
I laugh when I hear people saying ASUU are striking because they 'care' about the future of our edu system .lols
I'm privileged to roll with some lecturers and trust me... Its all about money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Am not saying FG are right / wrong or blameless, all am saying is ASUU isn't doing all these cos they care about you & I.. They doing it for their own pockets, so stop repping them like they 'saints'.
If they cared about the students they wouldn't adopt 'a NON compromising ' stance, they would suspend the strike for 1 month to allow for negotiations. Simple!

2 Likes

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Cabsso(m): 8:07am On Aug 10, 2013
[quote author=Brimmie]Okk.. Make we Finish Fasting b4 FUTA try pull out!
How i wish kogi state university wil opt out 2
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Cabsso(m): 8:09am On Aug 10, 2013
what is ASUU?

Is d latest perfume in town
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by spenca: 8:54am On Aug 10, 2013
skidskid: I laugh when I hear people saying ASUU are striking because they 'care' about the future of our edu system .lols
I'm privileged to roll with some lecturers and trust me... Its all about money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Am not saying FG are right / wrong or blameless, all am saying is ASUU isn't doing all these cos they care about you & I.. They doing it for their own pockets, so stop repping them like they 'saints'.
If they cared about the students they wouldn't adopt 'a NON compromising ' stance, they would suspend the strike for 1 month to allow for negotiations. Simple!

Well mister you seem to have shot yourself on the foot ,who has come here to say ASUU strike is all about the welfare of the students? If you know the definition of a pressure group which ASUU falls within its paranthesis you wont come here to spill this piece of gabbage ,btw if its even a micro of the student's interest they have at hand its still better than not having any cause that little interest will bring about some development , as a state ,Nigeria would not be where it is today(pit) if the past leaders had put an iota of their interest to the country buh rather they all are selfish with their ways unlike ASUU like u said its not all about the student buh atleast the students are part of it .
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by originbm: 10:21am On Aug 10, 2013
rudian: No offence taken. But kindly explain why optometry and pharmacy students won't pray for the strike to end?

Well if not for d timely intervention of ASUU i'm sure abt half of them would be at the health centre now due to nervous breakdown.anybody btw 400 to 600 level in these dept would tell u wat i am talking abt.same with dentistry and medicine.but their only little luck is that they do not operate a 3 month academic calendar.
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by tunex23: 11:05am On Aug 10, 2013
Considering the ASUU national secretary is from A.B.U Zaria makes it even impossible 4 A.B.U Zaria 2 call off.
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 10, 2013
EVERYTHING IN 9JA IS UNIONIZED. WHEN WILL NIGERIANS WAKE UP AND SEE THAT THESE UNIONS ARE ENEMIES OF PROGRESS AND ONLY CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES. VERY SOON SELF-EMPLOYED PEOPLE WILL CREATE THEIR OWN UNION. WHAT NONSENSE. ANY SMALL THING STRIKE. THAT WAS WHY THE MILITARY WAS GOOD, NO MOFO WAS ABLE TO SAY STR NOT TO TALK OF IKE. EVEN WHEN TANKER DRIVERS WENT ON STRIKE, ABACHA BOUGHT TANKERS THAT WERE DRIVEN BY SOLDIERS. THOSE ASSWHOLES LATER CALLED OF THEIR STRIKE ON THEIR OWN. 9JA NEEDS IRON FIST. DEMOCRACY IS NONSENSE AND A MEANS OF BECOMING GREEDIER ONLY.
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 10, 2013

.... Yes oo,@Delsu--una wun kari last??abeg join d crew

@mods....front page!!!make pesin c beta tin insted of beverly vs 2shot wife oor tonto dike
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by rudian(f): 7:43pm On Aug 10, 2013
RSUST Quits ASUU, Resumes Lectures! Just saw this online,happy them and still seriously praying Uniben pulls out! undecided
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by GNwafor(m): 8:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
Are you tired of the incessant strike actions in the Nigerian Education sector, all hope is not lost, there is a way out.

A Hot-selling E-Book just released exposes some of the world's best online tuition free Universities with NYSC Certificate Guaranteed.

Get the e-book with just $25/N4000.

You future is in your hands
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Anuoluwap(m): 10:36pm On Aug 22, 2013
Lolz. The last line of the post shows the Ops stand on the situation.
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by edwonderz(m): 10:49pm On Aug 22, 2013
This is an awesome music video produced to entertain, motivate and thrill your mind, it's full of stunts! watch it.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjSDCrAVvLM&g­
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by idamokoemmanuel(m): 12:32am On Aug 23, 2013
I wnt to correct some bad impression here in the write up..... Notin like akani ibiam university .....wot we hav is akani ibiam polytectnic whic is in afkpo.....so de information is misleadin.....
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 26, 2013
which union is the strike champion in Nigeria? This is patriotismtest question.
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Rexphobia(m): 9:16am On Aug 26, 2013
Divide and rule. .. since 1914
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Gialmine(f): 9:40am On Aug 26, 2013
angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes / A Thread For Prospective Industrial Training (SIWES) Students. / Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.