Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released (17880 Views)

Federal Govt. To Embark On E-prison To Eradicate Prisons Breaks - Abba Moro / Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle / Man Prefers Prison To House Arrest With Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by Meringe(m): 3:51pm On Jul 20, 2013
His luck may shine from his outburst.
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by Shaw007(m): 3:52pm On Jul 20, 2013
well . . . it'd be really hard to judge unless ur in his shoes . . . seriously,it's actually easy to say he should be creative and all that shytt buh mehn . . . 7yrs awaiting trial?? really?
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 20, 2013
tha_originator: Federal beans and water water eba don sweet am be dat oh.
I fenk u were they b4 lol
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by djeezy(m): 3:53pm On Jul 20, 2013
The freed prisoner is insane.
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by Oredys(m): 3:53pm On Jul 20, 2013
This is weird!!!!!
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2013
Life here outside can be bitter than even the decayed prison. Imagine coming out to face all the financial challenges when u were u being fed daily right inside there. The guy is not wrong though. Blame GEJ and Ngozi Okonjo Iweala.
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by Maxymilliano(m): 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2013
Stevogue:
It was a pathetic drama in the Owerri High Court premises Friday morning when an inmate who is believed to have awaited trial in prison for upwards of seven years was acquitted of any wrong doing and discharged by an Owerri Magistrate Court.

Instead of the usual jubilation that follow any ruling of ‘discharged and acquitted’, crimefacts.org gathered that the said inmate, Sylvester Obata (not real names); wearing a long face, headed straight for the Prison van that brought them to court, only to be intercepted by a prison guard who reminded him he was free to go home.

Something is amiss here, even if he was discharged and acquitted by a court, he can't just walk out of the court a free man.

The court can only make the pronouncement but there'll still be some documentations to perfect at the Prison before he's allowed to be officially released from prison.
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by adenitemi: 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2013
Smart dude! He knew his FREEdom does not translate to FREE shelter and feeding. Real pity, its hard out here. But wait o, there should be a law to pay peeps held mistakenly in prisons for that long!

1 Like

Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by MSItachi: 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2013
cry cry cry

So sad
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by ogb5(m): 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2013
They guy was in jail for seven yrs while innocent, trying to.prove his case. Why will a judge think setting him free pennyless is justice

They should at least have awarded hkm some cost for the wrongful incaceration for 7 years

3 Likes

Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by Amozever12: 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2013
Somtimes, I wondered what a mess our judicial system had turned to, for a man to be improsoned for 7 yrs over a case he knew nothing about? Only God knows many who had died in similar fate while trying to prove their innocense in prison and to make things worst, there was no any form of compensation for the precious years..
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by dnawah(m): 4:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
If na oyibo them 4,make am cook,cleaner or prison wader.i feel 4 the man.
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by 2rutalk1: 4:01pm On Jul 20, 2013
It is my considered opinion that the government should empower freed inmates financially to start a trade, especially those who have awaited trials for years for an offense they never committed. I applaud the government for the rehabilitation programme of inmates and other important trainings they receive while in prison, but coming to this harsh country without a home, business and other basic necessities of life after many years of incarceration is inhuman.

2 Likes

Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by ajanaku2(m): 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2013
In the States, Prisons are referred to as "Correctional Facilities" where inmates are "corrected" and rehabilitated...

In Nigeria, the reverse is the case...Niggers are forced to go through sh!it and hell...

No wonder that Nigger doesn't wanna go Home...He obviously wasn't "corrected"!...
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2013
Even before I finish reading d whole story,I knew things like food and shelter would be his major challenges,hence his refusal 2 go home.Why are such people not rehabilitated immediately after release?
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by joeace2020(m): 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2013
Pls tell him to call me......
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by inme: 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2013
Why is he shouting? If you want to go back to prison, go out there, steal from somebody or kidnap a rich man and voluntarily give yourself up. simple

1 Like

Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 20, 2013
reminds me of the movie, Shawshank redemption
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
slimyem: Poor soul. Seven years of his life wasted just like that. His plight should be understandable. He needs proper rehabilitation else he'll be back to prison in a little while from now.

Possibly after doing some very real and irreparable damage to some harmless innocents!
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by collynzo2(m): 4:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
He should be rehabilitated and duly compensated.
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by Okeikpu(m): 4:09pm On Jul 20, 2013
Na madness be dat jare, who go enter nigerian prison 4such a longtime nd come out wit his senses.
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:10pm On Jul 20, 2013
ebenezer4o2: Even before I finish reading d whole story,I knew things like food and shelter would be his major challenges,hence his refusal 2 go home.Why are such people not rehabilitated immediately after release?

You are only partially correct.

There is also NO HOME TO GO TO.

There!
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by kingston247: 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2013
It shows the level of poverty in this country Nigeria...when u not even guarantee of a meal a day!...una go say make men no go hustle for abroad?
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by TexasCowboy(m): 4:15pm On Jul 20, 2013
sad The guy has completely lost it, he's completely gone bananas. I feel for him tho.
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by swing4real(m): 4:16pm On Jul 20, 2013
After watching " shawshank redemption" I understand where he is coming from
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 20, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] there is nothing God cannot do I pray for God's favour and Grace upon his soul. What a sad story
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by NwaTeacher1: 4:19pm On Jul 20, 2013
Don't blame the guy. Prisoners are better off some nigerian families. At least he is sure of free food but who will fetch 4 him outside
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by kinguwem: 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2013
Bolt2011: I think what he needs now is freedom from his Poverty mentality
The problem is not just poverty. The psychological effect of the imprisonment has made him to lose faith in the system. He needs counselling & reassurance, moral, spiritual & financial support.
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by chibykehenry: 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
hthe guy is mentally rite cos seven yrs of awaitn trial is nt moi_moi.abeg express ya sef joor
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2013
He need rehabilitation and reinstatement. 2 b locked up 4 years is not a joke.
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by kaytytty: 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2013
FG SHOULD COMPESATE THAT 1MILLION PER YEAR FOR WASTED YEARS OVER A CRIME NEVER COMMITTED
Re: Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released by Bgino(m): 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2013
there are thousands of inmates like him awaiting trial for several offences they did not commit..that goes to show how prison reform by the govt is only on paper..we should have correctional facilities where they should be encouraged to learn a particular trade and not these so called dongeons we refer to as prisons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mad Woman Holds-Up Traffic In Surulere (PHOTOS) / What Are Those Things You Can Afford No Matter How Broke You Are? / Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.