Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com (19049 Views)

Blogging Has Paid Off!!! Popular Blogger,ogudu Clement,acquires A Brand New Ride / Apple Inc. Buys Nigerian Born Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion / Apple Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For A $1 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by IleIfe2(m): 5:46pm On Jul 20, 2013
Warlord3000: This is the kind of news we pray for in naija about our ppl.. Not nigerian terrorist bombing in uk or whatever.. Not forgetting some pedophiles in senator's clothing passing bills

There is definitely hope for naija smiley

My brother you are saying the truth, This is the kind of news we want, not all those sad and bad news like someone getting arrested for drug trafficking, or someone locking his mother inside a wardrobe for 10 years to make money rituals, or someone kidnapping people for a living. I 100% agree with you, this is the kind of news we want.
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by Adejoro74: 5:51pm On Jul 20, 2013
Ile-Ife:

My brother you are saying the truth, This is the kind of news we want, not all those sad and bad news like someone getting arrested for drug trafficking, or someone locking his mother inside a wardrobe for 10 years to make money rituals, or someone kidnapping people for a living. I 100% agree with you, this is the kind of news we want.
Not gbomogbomo. Not obas eating human flesh or ra////ping NYSC members. Not alfas kidnapping people and starving them to death in underground dungeons. not politicians killing each other wetie style. not thugs fighting and killing each other in motor parks. not our people becoming terrorists in the UK.

4 Likes

Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by Proxytalk: 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2013
topsyking: this guy is rich.. the website was bought for $1billion

link below
http://www.atlnightspots.com/apple-buys-chinedu-echeruos-hopstop-com-for-a-1-billion/
chei ! this guy don enter another world, world of unlimited space. One good thing about money is that u re not afraid of the bills any where in this world.
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2013
Ajibel:

and who d f*ck cares If they ask him his Nationality, what do u think he'd say

he will say South Eastern Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by alphawg(m): 6:27pm On Jul 20, 2013
Kzinne: and seun is somwhere feelin like one big boy.
y nah? It's needless 2 say dis.
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by Cmanforall: 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2013
That's my Broda... smiley smiley smiley

Thumbs Up
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by slimyem: 7:13pm On Jul 20, 2013
nenergy:
No one is overhyping anything. I've benefitted from my membership on this forum.I met a very beautiful lady who is very close to my heart here. I Got ideas/inputs for my book project and above all sold a mechandize cash. All on Nairaland! Nairaland is a great joor.
What's her handle? cheesy
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by bukky5: 8:14pm On Jul 20, 2013
speeder: Neva get upset wen ppl prefer sme1 elz 2 u cuz itz hard 2 convince monkeyz dat strawberriez r swita dan bananaz

so watin come join ur story with person wey hammer. are u upset?
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by steveec122(m): 9:50pm On Jul 20, 2013
james_ibor: "Chinedu Echeruo"!

Da'z all. Say no more!!
There are many of our people doing undisclosed work for uk, usa, canada, I can't count all my FUTO mates doing global wonders:Chijioke ones passed NASA test to repair a space telescope now with a usa leading financial hub as IT expert, Somto with Canadian power hub, uche running IT stuff for BBC, many with US Drone development,infact Ibos are born Tech gurus like isrealis though Yorubas too are great,Both tribes will make a great nation without those Child Abusers!

2 Likes

Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by donlet(m): 10:02pm On Jul 20, 2013
That is it want to make serious money? then be innovative. Every innovation starts with an idea. Some guys say they donot teach anything in havard business school, they should have a rethink. The guy just like the Nigerian founding partner of jumia.com is a Nigeria. If you like sit down and be looking at us, when this guy was nursing the idea of hopstop.com he never knew apple will come after him. So let us all be creative, innovative and persistent.
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by generaliy07(m): 10:17pm On Jul 20, 2013
nenergy: Seun, i take God beg you...nor sell Nairaland o!! cry
Some clowns wont just stop attempting to remove my teeth with laugh,guy u no well @ all.lolz
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by Omoaiye(m): 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2013
More grace to ur elbow my bro congratualtions.
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by Abbott(m): 10:51pm On Jul 20, 2013
Really, I'm impressed and without doubt inspired.
This just goes to show that, anyone, anybody can make it despite not being a politician or taking dubious & suspect path to glory.
Congrats man.
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 20, 2013
gej z workin...dancing alingo n ethigi

Iya basira,gv me 1 alomo bitter...
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by 360command: 11:31pm On Jul 20, 2013
Nairaland is worth 6million dollars if sold to a corporation .
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by bootlegaz: 6:35am On Jul 21, 2013
360command: Nairaland is worth 6million dollars if sold to a corporation .
Some one above already told you why no corporation or angel investors in the USA will buy nairaland . If you are a foreign tech guru you will know that nairaland is worth nothing. There are so many Map and Navigation website here in the states but apple picked this app for a reason.
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by ozoemeka(m): 8:01am On Jul 21, 2013
bookmark

shakomende:
Apple has acquired Chinedu Echeruo’s HopStop.com, The Wall Street Journal’s publication, AllThingsDigital reports. Founded in 2005, HopStop.com makes mobile applications for both iOS and Android that covers over 300 cities and that helps people get directions or find nearby subway stations and bus stops. Terms of the deal have not been disclosed as at the time of this publication.

HopStop has oft been compared to Israel’s Waze which was recently acquired by Google for $1 billion. The move is seen as Apple’s plan to bolster its map offering especially given Google’s recent acquisition of Waze.

A serial entrepreneur, Chinedu Echeruo grew up in Eastern Nigeria and attended Kings College, Lagos. He attended Syracuse University and the Harvard Business School in the United States and founded HopStop.com after working for several years in the Mergers & Acquisitions and Leveraged Finance groups of J.P Morgan Chase where he was involved in a broad range of M&A, Financing and Private Equity transactions. He also worked at AM Investment Partners, a $500 million volatility-driven convertible bond arbitrage hedge fund.

He founded and raised nearly $8 million for his two U.S based internet companies; Hopstop.com and Tripology.com. Tripology.com was acquired in 2010 by American travel and navigation information company, Rand McNally. He was named Black Enterprise Magazine’s Small Business Innovator of the year and listed in the magazine’s Top 40 under 40 and is currently a partner and head of the Principal Investing group at Constant Capital, a West Africa based investment bank.

True to form, Echeruo is working on yet another venture but this time, focused on small businesses in Africa.
http://www.cp-africa.com/2013/07/20/apple-hopstop-com/
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by mediachirps(m): 9:06am On Jul 21, 2013
FineBro: Good work from my Ibo brother.
no tribalism here bro, if na crime na hin no go be ur brother shey? me I be nwa afo sha!!
if seun like make hin sale nairaland, naijaloaded will soon over him.
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by sholikay(m): 9:36am On Jul 21, 2013
...laff wan break me here ooo...bros u phunny ooooo...lol
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by richoko60: 10:39am On Jul 21, 2013
Good for you my nija brother
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by Plutonium(m): 12:04pm On Jul 21, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 21, 2013

But the rate at which anti-GEJ/PDP, pro-OPPOSITION stories makes frontpage make one wonders
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by igboboy1(m): 6:10am On Jul 22, 2013
Promhize:
U made a mistake, stop famzing
Its EASTERNER

bIKO IT is southerner...
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by backtosender: 6:41pm On Jul 22, 2013
IGBO KWENU UNA TOO TOO MUCH SMALL IGBO BOY SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE SEE THE WAY AMERICA LOVE THIS BOY WITH NEW MONEY
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by backtosender: 6:43pm On Jul 22, 2013
igbo boy:

bIKO IT is southerner...
he is igbo abeg,give them there thing abeg. We no wen to shout southerner not this one...
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by kettykin: 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
It really sucks to be igbo like some frustrated , deranged, bigoted lunatics keep saying to console their inadequacy[left][/left]
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by igboboy1(m): 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2013
backtosender: he is igbo abeg,give them there thing abeg. We no wen to shout southerner not this one...

Better if igbo than SE.....
Re: Apple Acquires Chinedu Echeru's HopStop.com by igboboy1(m): 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
kettykin: It really sucks to be igbo like some frustrated , deranged, bigoted lunatics keep saying to console their inadequacy[left][/left]

hahah ofe mmanu is it paining you...ndo.
ngwanu go and collect one 9 yr old girl to release your frustation, afterall your people voted for paedophilia in the Nigerian senate..scumbag

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Using Table For Layout / INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! / Yahoo! Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.