Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! (19074 Views)

Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance / Quickteller.com Does Not Work, Any Working Option ???? / Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by morzook(m): 9:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
I discovered Quickteller.com about two years ago and came to love using their website anytime I needed to buy recharge cards. With introduction of their mobile app early this year, my love for Quickteller grew and the ease with which I could make transactions online –bank transfers, buy recharge cards, check my account balance- became effortless. I hardly go to banks anymore.

My love for the app made me introduce it to family and friends and they’ve all come to love it as much as I did and those who don’t have the app would often call me at odd hours to help them transfer, from my own account to other people’s account or to help them in getting recharge cards. So on the evening of the 12TH of October, I got a ping from a friend, “would you help me get 1,500 recharge card?” she asked. “I’d give you the money tomorrow,” she said.

I logged into the quickteller app and proceeded to buying the card. I got a network error, tried again, same error and I tried it one last time. Error. To my dismay, I got a series of alerts on my phone that I’d purchased the cards. A total of 4,500. I slept that night, hoping that by the time I woke up, the error would have been rectified. It wasn’t.

I sent a mail to support@interswitchng.com and got an auto reply instantly. I was contacted by a staff later and I was asked to provide the number which was meant to be the recipient of the card. I did and was informed that the details of the failed transaction had been forwarded to my bank for resolution.

No resolution came and no response either from interswitch/quickteller. I decided to forgo the money and used the app again on the 23rd of the same month. My #400 was zapped and no card reached me. I sent a mail then, that I’d take my grievances to the social media if I got no response. Up till this moment, I am awaiting a response from them.

This post is not to witch-hunt. It is my last effort at getting the attention I should have gotten as a customer.

NB: I have used the app many times after that with no issues but I still demand my #4,900.

Below are screenshots of my mails to them.
Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by jerrymania(m): 10:07pm On Nov 02, 2013
Boy you have learnt your lesson. One thing you got to know is, when you buy recharge cards using mobile banking, it can never be refunded. Its VTU and the mobile number will be credited automatically. I guess its the first time you witnessed "network error" things. Just forgo it and dont make yourself a laughing stock.A word of advice though, when you use it to transfer funds to bank accounts and you witness this network error kind of thing, just stop. dont retry, then check your balance and then your statements. But i know it will return back to your account if the account you are sending it to is wrong or incomplete. But if its recharge card you bought, please just sleep on it.
Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by morzook(m): 10:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
@jerrymania: I shouldn't allow myself to be made a laughing stock? We are talking about money paid for service not rendered here -even if it isn't much.

Why I came this far is because of the lackadaisical attitude of interswitch to me, a customer. I expected them to treat me fairer than they did... and anyone who wishes to make fun of me can do so until they get treated in the same way by a service provider.

If we don't speak out now, we will continue to be treated this way!
Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by bigtt76(f): 11:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
Did you ask the babe if she got any airtime credit loaded via QT dat nite? Very possible it went through.
Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by Osama10(m): 11:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
Presently I have the same problem with my quick teller payment for recharge cards.I bought #1k recharge card for 3 different person and each time I made the payment they would debit me #2k instead of #1k.

I have sent a mail to zenith bank and they were arguing with me till I sent them the statement of account, they said I should give them 5 working days and am waiting for the 3k refund.
Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by Nobody: 1:42am On Nov 03, 2013
OP, why use the platform to make payment again when you have not been refunded?
Maybe Seun can help you, others dying in silence and future victims by moving this to frontpage
but hope the footer of that mail did not read "confidential" before it hits FP

I have actually been using the quickteller website to fund my phone credit recently with no problems. it just works
I guess that must stop today, my next door neighbor sells same and she will sure record some profits while.

I seem to have a problem with Interswitch checkout process though,
the site tells you to supply your email address so they can mail you how-to-get-OTP info
even when i have the token and have used it on same portal.
Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by kingthreat(m): 4:48am On Nov 03, 2013
Everyone beware of Quickteller then if you dont wish to be ripped off online
Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by DualCore1: 8:04am On Nov 03, 2013
Use the platform with small chunks of money. Even at ATM machines, I use machines at a time when no one will be waiting to go after me and I take my time to withdraw in small chunks of 5k or 10k. Sometimes I even test the machine with 1k first. If I sum up the small small 2k, 3k, 4k that machines and POS systems have 'stolen' from me in the past e fit reach 100k. Reporting the matter is almost always a waste of time (which means waste of more money, time is money).

Dont entrust a 50k purchase in the hands of one single online transaction. Things can go wrong at several places. Your internet connection, interswitch failing to send callback, the merchant site failing to receive callback and the case where nobody just seems to know what happened.

Quickteller is not a bad service, I cant remember when last I went to a banking hall, cable tv office, recharge shop etc. When the system works, it works well. Failures have even reduced now so give them some credit.

Meanwhile Quickteller/Etisalat please remove or increase the daily cap of 4k on etisalat recharges, you already have 2-way verification in use. Renewing an etisalat internet connection of 18k per month will take about 5 days if one is to recharge with Quickteller. Not nice.

In other matters, the rate at which boys dey buy credit for babes tongue

1 Like

Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by morzook(m): 8:50am On Nov 03, 2013
@bigtt76: no, she didn't
Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by morzook(m): 3:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
Mods, can we get this on the fp?
Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by morzook(m): 1:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
embarassed
Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by Dclique(m): 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2014
So sad, I'm going thru d same thing
Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by morzook(m): 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2014
I had to mention them on twitter and made my displeasure known, on a couple of tweets. They sent me a message, asked for my number and called me.

Rectified
Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by Gerardcole(m): 7:04am On Jan 03, 2014
Been using QT for months and I've never been debited more than bargained. Or get my cash withdrawn without service delivered.

I've once experienced deduction without delivery from Interswitch when I made a payment and the merchant (not quickteller) didn't get the ping that its been done. (Was due to v-bad / slow network I guess). Nothing could refund my money
so I let that slide after all the amount didn't exceed what I couldn't bear.

Learn about QuickTeller's (convenience fee) and always try to make payments when you're having a very strong network coverage, you never can trust naija guys.
Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by georgee(m): 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2014
Same thing just happened to me now now cry cry cry cry
Account debited, but my line wasn't recharged..Since morning..8am
Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
morzook: I had to mention them on twitter and made my displeasure known, on a couple of tweets. They sent me a message, asked for my number and called me.

Rectified

Good to know. Quickteller is actually cool.
Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by Busieman(m): 2:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
I have not just been using Quickteller for fund transfer, DSTV subscription and airtime recharge, I have also been using it to pick westee directly into my bank account at the comfort of my room. Being a regular for more than two years, it has been working pretty well and I'm loving it.
Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 06, 2016
Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by tvreporter: 6:14pm On Apr 03, 2016
How to Use Quickteller to Send Money|Buy Airtime www.qiuckteller.com
Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by marissanutri(f): 10:12am On Sep 14, 2016
Re: INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! by Erums(m): 3:33pm On Mar 25, 2017
Busieman:
I have not just been using Quickteller for fund transfer, DSTV subscription and airtime recharge, I have also been using it to pick westee directly into my bank account at the comfort of my room. Being a regular for more than two years, it has been working pretty well and I'm loving it.

Bro pls how do you go abt this... Tired of going to the bank

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo! Nigeria / The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal / Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.