Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

The molestation Of River State Democracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The molestation Of River State Democracy (504 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Picture Of River State Governor-elect? / Why Is The IGP Not Protecting Ekiti State's Democracy? / MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The molestation Of River State Democracy by olivethealth(m): 4:32am On Jul 20, 2013
Those of us who have watched the video clips of the just ended charade or say katigenian war in the River State House of Assembly will quickly agree with me that our politicians should be subjected to Freudian psychology of psycho-analysis. They need clinical psychologist to examine their medulla oblongata to know if their senses are working or if they just existing in state of per-excellence. It is so disheartening, disenchanted and abashed to watch our politician commit impunity and rape our hard earned democracy on a broad day light. What insolence! What impudent! What disrespect! How can our political class trample on constitutionalism? It is obvious that our legislatures of National and State assemblies have turned the chamber into a theater of absurd and madness, disregarding the constitution. Our democracy is leaked, marred and intertwined with sycophancy, lawlessness, thugs, insecurity, disobedience to the rule of law, dictatorship as it is epitomized by our conspicuous consumption, money laundering and corruption. Some sacred cows are treated with impunity while some political dame gods who are guilty of several impeachable offences are there in charge and holding the entire country and polity in captive and nobody is doing anything about it. There is tyranny in the whole nation, tyranny in the universities, tyranny in the society. There is economic strangulation in the entire republic and nobody cares. What baffles me in Nigeria is the manner with which we absorb shock, suffering and smiling, allowing few persons to enjoy and lavish wealth at the expense of the poor masses. The politicians are getting richer by the seconds and the poor who voted them into power are getting poorer on a very high rate. Where are the philosophical kings who ruled the Greek city States, especially Athens? We now have polecats, jesters, idiots, nincompoops, as politicians. There is no official opposition in our democracy. We are moving towards one party state. Is that not totalitarianism, tyranny, and total dictatorship? Lastly, I want to warn that even as the short Nigerian memory is being traumatized everyday by our leaders, ranging from the incessant rape of our states, political intimidations to abuse of power especially in connivance of the federal might, it will be a striking repugnance to extinguish true justice, equity and good conscience of the Nigerian nation. I rest my pen. Written by; Nze Oliver C. Nkannebe. Apapa Lagos. +2348039326060 - See more at: http://risenetworks.org/?attachment_id=200#comment-46377
Re: The molestation Of River State Democracy by carzola(m): 5:48am On Jul 20, 2013
Does rivers state have a democracy? I tought its all about cultism.. Vikings, icelandos, greenlander..

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Deploys Another 800 Peacekeepers To Darfur. / Retired Federal Permanent Secretaries / Anambra PDP Records 1.5m Members With E-registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.