Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,714 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi (12444 Views)

Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants / Gov Fayose And Ex-Gov Fayemi Shake Hands In Public. [photo] / Gov. Fayemi Dissolves Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by vizboy(m): 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2013
Abuja – The Federal Government says it has begun the recruitment of 500 qualified engineers for the effective running of the nation’s 10 new power plants.

Gov. Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti made this known to State House correspondents after a meeting of the Board of the Niger Delta Power Holding Company (NDPHC) presided over by Vice President Namadi Sambo in Abuja on Friday.

Fayemi, who is also a member of the board, said the exercise was meant to address the critical challenge of lack of skilled manpower in the nation’s power sector.

He said that lack of skilled manpower was threatening the smooth take off and operations of the new power plants built across the country.

”We also looked at the National Power Training Institute (NAPTI), all of these plants are coming on stream and we are excited about them.

“But one critical challenge that the country faces is the lack of skilled manpower for managing the plants.

“We do not want to have plants that turned out to be white-elephant or they turned out to be run by Chinese, Germans and Europeans who have built the plants.”

The governor frowned at the quality of engineers being produced by the nation’s universities and polytechnics, saying that such engineers were not employable in the power sector.

He, however, stated that NAPTI had since commenced massive retraining programme for local engineers and artisans who might be redeployed to operate the new power plants.

“You all know, I’m not telling you anything new, we have engineers being produced by our universities that are not necessarily employable and you need to retrain them in order for them to be able to function in these new plants that are being built.

“And NAPTI is intended to fill this gap by helping to retrain many of the engineers as well as artisans who will be needed to fill the gaps that are bound to exist in the new power plants that are being set up.

“So, we received the report from NAPTI Executive and from the ministry of power on our own interest and contribution.

“And a range of things were discussed in ensuring that those who come on stream, about 500 people are being recruited now to undergo training in NAPTI.

“And in addition to that, we need to ensure that this is done professionally through open advertisement, but also being mindful of spread and federal character in the course of this recruitment. ”

Fayemi commended the General Electric (GE) Company for building a local plant in Calabar for the production of spare parts for the nation’s power plants.

“We are asking all the manufacturers to take a cue from GE and set up plants here.”

He condemned the recent attack on one of the power plants in Delta, saying the incident had impacted negatively on the government target of energising 4000 megawatts by the end of the year.

“I’m sure you are aware of the attack on one of the plants in Delta State and the impact that might have on our earlier promise.

“We are still very confident that we will deliver according to the promise.” (NAN)
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/fg-recruits-500-engineers-for-new-power-plants-gov-fayemi/#sthash.fA2eUsNT.dpuf

source :www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/fg-recruits-500-engineers-for-new-power-plants-gov-fayemi/
Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by eameh30: 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2013
How can we apply?

3 Likes

Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by oshyno(m): 2:51pm On Jul 20, 2013
This is hw I want politics to be played. Political parties irrespective of their divides coming together to make things work. Not some dimwits sabotaging everything in order to use it during campaign.

15 Likes

Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by taharqa2: 6:02pm On Jul 20, 2013
oshyno: This is hw I want politics to be played. Political parties irrespective of their divides coming together to make things work. Not some dimwits sabotaging everything in order to use it during campaign.
Exactly.....@topic, good development

3 Likes

Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 20, 2013
oshyno: This is hw I want politics to be played. Political parties irrespective of their divides coming together to make things work. Not some dimwits sabotaging everything in order to use it during campaign.
God bless you

2 Likes

Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by vizboy(m): 7:39pm On Jul 20, 2013
Nice development

@musiwa what they hell is all that dont tell me that you are planing one of those

1 Like

Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by musiwa34: 7:49pm On Jul 20, 2013
this are people commiting suicide in western nigeria. did jonathan build any in ekiti state no. why because jonathan does not like ekiti people. jonathan dont like yoruba people. i have said so before. you see what you do is how people judge you.
Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by kasiem(m): 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2013
musiwa34: this are people commiting suicide in western nigeria. did jonathan build any in ekiti state no. why because jonathan does not like ekiti people. jonathan dont like yoruba people. i have said so before. you see what you do is how people judge you.
musiwa, no awo teach them how to commit suicide?

4 Likes

Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by kasiem(m): 8:28pm On Jul 20, 2013
make all this acn guys come tell us say fayemi dey lie

4 Likes

Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by gramci: 8:51pm On Jul 20, 2013
Musiwa I greet you

1 Like

Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 20, 2013
grin
Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by k2039: 11:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
You all know, I’m not telling you anything new, we have engineers being produced by our universities that are not necessarily employable and you need to retrain them in order for them to be able to function in these new plants that are being built.

“And NAPTI is intended to fill this gap by helping to retrain many of the engineers as well as artisans who will be needed to fill the gaps that are bound to exist in the new power plants that are being set up.

So they know the engineers from Nigeria universities are not employable and what have all the retardinic politicians done about it. They just keep ranting shi.t displaying there excessive stupidity (mild stupidity is good, but when in excess it's a problem)

Instead for the dumbass politicians to fix the problem from the root, they are addressing it branches, the goverment will only retrain only those who are needed. Why not just fix up the education section.

Wetin I even they talk sef, ASUU is on strike.

4 Likes

Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by Akainzo(m): 11:24pm On Jul 20, 2013
This is welcome news. However, when you employ 500 for 10, that translates to 50 per power plant. Hmmmm that is some small ratio for an effective running of a power plant IMO.
Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by canalily(m): 11:25pm On Jul 20, 2013
shocked!!! For this country? Where me de that time? Abi na becose i no get anybody for the corridor of power?
Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by negbenebor(f): 11:25pm On Jul 20, 2013
Good development,trying hard to avoid tbj's prophecy,hmmm dats nice
Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by bushbull: 11:31pm On Jul 20, 2013
Pls how do I post a thread, cn somebody help?
Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by Youngtekkey(m): 11:32pm On Jul 20, 2013
must u guys just make everything political wetin bring acn for this issue some guys just behave like kids sha
Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:34pm On Jul 20, 2013
Okay.
bush bull: Pls how do I post a thread, cn somebody help?
Bribe me with dollars before I teach you.
Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by headna007: 11:37pm On Jul 20, 2013
coolNce 1 dud the gov keep it up
Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by babsomotde(m): 11:52pm On Jul 20, 2013
Good plans, good moves ... I pray it works. If it works, I further pray it last. If it last, I 'further-further' pray it have maintenance. Naija... I hail oooo.
Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 20, 2013
Good development.

But this...

The governor frowned at the quality of engineers being produced by the nation’s universities and polytechnics, saying that such engineers were not employable in the power sector.

Not surprising.

Some graduates of "Electrical Engineering" can't change a light bulb.

1 Like

Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 20, 2013
This one don pass the ACN rented crowd, they don't know whether to tag it a lie or not.

11 Likes

Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by taharqa2: 12:06am On Jul 21, 2013
gboss4sure: This one don pass the ACN rented crowd, they don't know whether to tag it a lie or not.
Hehehehehehehe.... I tell you Bros. They are as confused as hell. Anytin they do or say will be held against them in d court of...

3 Likes

Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by MrCGPA(m): 12:12am On Jul 21, 2013
This is welcome development Electrical/Electronics and Mechanical Engineering graduates get ready for job. our pain is to waste money and retrain you again.
Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by Mogidi: 12:15am On Jul 21, 2013
Lets see how Gbawe and co spin this one or better still lets see how they can avoid this....its on da front page niqqahhh

NO SURRENDER

[size=16pt]GEJ[/size] [size=16pt]CARRY GO[/size] [size=16pt]2015[/size]

5 Likes

Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by boneruns(m): 12:16am On Jul 21, 2013
This surely will not give space for any criticism.

This is what politics should be like; no matter what political paryt you represent, you must synergize to make the country a better place.

3 Likes

Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 21, 2013
smiley smiley cheesy smiley smiley
Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by Peterkleva(m): 12:33am On Jul 21, 2013
Ok nah we dey wait
Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by Bensonite: 12:53am On Jul 21, 2013
The usual critics of anything good the government do are avoiding this thread. Am still waiting to see how they claim this was initiated 10yrs ago. It is good to criticize and keep the government performing optimally but some believe in pull him down by all means except you give me 2015.

1 Like

Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by Youngtekkey(m): 12:58am On Jul 21, 2013
Shebi na U AND UR FAMILY THAT WILL VOTE HIM IN
Mogidi: Lets see how Gbawe and co spin this one or better still lets see how they can avoid this....its on da front page niqqahhh

NO SURRENDER

[size=16pt]GEJ[/size] [size=16pt]CARRY GO[/size] [size=16pt]2015[/size]
Re: 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi by YoshiMaster: 1:14am On Jul 21, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bill To Establish University Of Agriculture, Kabba Passed By Senate / Federal Character Not Requirement For Service Chiefs’ Appointment, Says FCC / Umahi To Ebonyi Youths: Remove Your Minds From Politics, Be Successful First

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.