Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,418 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278851 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 10:41pm On Feb 22, 2015
talktimi:
THANK for warning me

Lolz. This is not a warning abeg. Simply lost. Find me please
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 10:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
DJEhimond:

Lolz. This is not a warning abeg. Simply lost. Find me please
try searching for the update using mobile data after rebooting your phone.
Then connect to a fast wifi and complete the update.

I usually face these errors while trying to update. I just keep being persistent.

Meanwhile that update should be denim.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by bigmom: 10:47pm On Feb 22, 2015
Gboyeboy:

Check if these apps are allowed to run in the background.
they are allowed to run in th background, the notifications are on, please can the problem be from the phone?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 4:36am On Feb 23, 2015
Elxandre:

try searching for the update using mobile data after rebooting your phone.
Then connect to a fast wifi and complete the update.

I usually face these errors while trying to update. I just keep being persistent.

Meanwhile that update should be denim.

I may want to agree with that FAST wifi aspect. I actually tethered using a hotspot from another phone, and there were few glitches during the process. Couldn't get a better wifi since Oxygen broadband stopped. Will try out the above sire. Thanks.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by kkon(m): 8:57am On Feb 23, 2015
[quote
author=Feraz post=30670075] Yeah. If I'm not mistaken, they said by
first quarter, most countries should have Cortana.[/quote] pls any idea of how much for lumia 1020 screen.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
Lumia 730 or lumia 535. Which one should i buy?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by kkon(m): 7:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
pls any idea of the cost of lumia 1020 screen?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 12:08am On Feb 24, 2015
kkon:
pls any idea of how much for lumia 1020 screen.
No idea bro!!! Look up the prices on eBay then estimate for the price here.

Y'all check out these games I downloaded and currently enjoying. You will not regret downloading them. Awesome games. Paid #480 for the first. Second is free.

First and second picture - MASS EFFECT: INFILTRATION

Third and fourth picture - Brothers In Arms 3.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by basille(m): 2:07am On Feb 24, 2015
Got a Lumia 535 yesterday, still try to figure out some settings as I've become so used to android.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by basille(m): 11:56am On Feb 24, 2015
Guys my lumia 535 can't play 1080p videos, only 720p videos and formats below. Any way around this? or is there any app that can enable the phone do so?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 12:15pm On Feb 24, 2015
basille:
Guys my lumia 535 can't play 1080p videos, only 720p videos and formats below. Any way around this? or is there any app that can enable the phone do so?
1080P videos on a 540p resolution device

Well try Cc player, moliplayer (change device region to China to download free but limited version), moliplayer pro (paid).

Those are the two best on the store, can handle most things. (I still think a 1080p video is too hefty for this service though)
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2015
basille:
Got a Lumia 535 yesterday, still try to figure out some settings as I've become so used to android.
oga pls tell me ur user expirience on lumia 535.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 8:41pm On Feb 24, 2015
Nokialumia720:

Got mine on 14th. I instantly did an upgrade to correct the touch issue but it still occur especially when your screen is moist. The screen touch dey Kolo sometimes.
The few good sides of the Lumia Denim are on screen shot below.
You can now lock to 3G only but only sim will be active.
You can now customize the action center. Check my screen shot I changed the brightness on action center to mobile data toggle.

You have folders on start screen. Etc.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 11:41pm On Feb 24, 2015
Unseen:

Got mine on 14th. I instantly did an upgrade to correct the touch issue but it still occur especially when your screen is moist. The screen touch dey Kolo sometimes.
You can now customize the action center. Check my screen shot I changed the brightness on action center to mobile data toggle.

Bros you are lucky to have this 3g only on your device ooo..
I keep cursing MS for not giving me this option.
One of the main reasons I planned switching to Android.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by basille(m): 1:38am On Feb 25, 2015
Nokialumia720:
Average camera, better secondary camera. Great 5" Display, good for outdoor usage (considering the price).
Touch panel malfunctions most times. Phone rarely lags. Very fast internet speed. Superb music output (my best feature). Light and slender design (though its understandably plastic). Average battery life (far from excellent but not very bad).

Best phone for those on a budget.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 7:39am On Feb 25, 2015
basille:

Well, don't stay far from this thread. Guys are ever willing to be of help and I can assure you that windows world generally (phone, tablets and computers) is a unique one you are bound to love. Enjoy your device.

NB: I'll advice you head to the store and download this social app for windows phone users: "Nearby". You can learn some ideas and new things about your device. You equally can arrange to meet windows phone users that stay close to (Nearby) you for help.

If you wanna register on the app, I advice you use your windows/live ID that you used in activating your phone and a strong password but that is easy for you to remember.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 9:18am On Feb 25, 2015
sidvinci:
I need a windows tablet min of 2 gig ram. That supports desktop applications.
Which will you recommend for me. As a masters student

The Injoo tab sold on Jumia. Two variants are available. The 3G variant and the WiFi only variant which goes for less. Both tabs cost under 26k. They both spot 1 gig ram, 8" screen size and 8gig on board expandable bu micro SD to 64gig. An optional injoo pen and injoo keyboard accessory can set you back by 550 naira and 2k5 respectively.

If you however need higher specs than the above, they are available in outlets all over the country but at more expensive prices. I've see an advert on HP tab in one of the dailies.

Generally, windows tablet form factors are way to go. 7", 8" 10", 11" and 13" device sizes are available at good prices. The good thing is they do the jobs your desktop equally does as they spot the same OS (windows 8.1) as these laptops that we carry about. They run the same apps and perform way beyond what an android tab can dream of (not even the chrome book comes close) doing even of they are updated with Android 20.3 meat pie OS.

Many are yet to realise the strength in windows tabs which still makes their prices affordable. It is therefore with this in mind that one should think of getting some and possibly stocking them for reselling when the rave for windows tabs eventually hit the roof.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by charlesm91(m): 6:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
got a question for those using the lumia 730, whats the user available memory for the phone?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by khattab008: 7:12pm On Feb 25, 2015
Unseen:

Please can you talk more on the touchscreen problem?
It is that serious, or manageable?
Thanks

basille:
Average camera, better secondary camera. Great 5" Display, good for outdoor usage (considering the price).
Touch panel malfunctions most times.

Best phone for those on a budget.

Please describe you touchscreen experience.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gboyeboy(m): 7:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
ceaser:

Xanderone is that you?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 8:09pm On Feb 25, 2015
khattab008:

Please can you talk more on the touchscreen problem?
It is that serious, or manageable?
Thanks

Please describe you touchscreen experience.
Manageable. I plan to buy a screen guard read online that it helps alot.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 25, 2015
charlesm91:
got a question for those using the lumia 730, whats the user available memory for the phone?
i dont think we have any lumia 730 users here bcs i,ve been asking about it still no reply. On your question, i dont think u have anything to worry about concerning the inbuild memory bcs window phone 8.1 which lumia 730 come with allow u to store apps ,games,pics etc on your memory card.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 10:25pm On Feb 25, 2015
Unseen:

Manageable. I plan to buy a screen guard read online that it helps alot.
meanwhile, have you tried changing the sensitivity to normal?

And how far about the camera and battery of the 535?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by basille(m): 12:55am On Feb 26, 2015
ceaser:

Well, don't stay far from this thread. Guys are ever willing to be of help and I can assure you that windows world generally (phone, tablets and computers) is a unique one you are bound to love. Enjoy your device.

NB: I'll advice you head to the store and download this social app for windows phone users: "Nearby". You can learn some ideas and new things about your device. You equally can arrange to meet windows phone users that stay close to (Nearby) you for help.

If you wanna register on the app, I advice you use your windows/live ID that you used in activating your phone and a strong password but that is easy for you to remember.
Nice! Thanks a lot for the info.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by basille(m): 4:10am On Feb 26, 2015
Elxandre:

1080P videos on a 540p resolution device

Well try Cc player, moliplayer (change device region to China to download free but limited version), moliplayer pro (paid).

Those are the two best on the store, can handle most things. (I still think a 1080p video is too hefty for this service though)
I don't think that's the way it works, i.e according to the devices screen resolution.
If I'm not mistaken, the device rescales and plays any video format and resolution if the format is supported and the gpu is up to the task.

Example is my innjoo note, is has a 720p screen resolution but still handles 1080p (not every codec) videos flawlessly via Mx player S/W acceleration (though it lags a little when using H/W).
Also, the codec supported by the software helps - I recall using Vlc player to watch a HD WebRip codec that MX player couldn't handle.

Thanks by the way, i tried moliplayer (SW) and it worked flawlessly as i expected. Seems like the problem is from WP HardWare acceleration (same with droid) as any 1080p video tends to lag whenever i switch to it.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 5:05am On Feb 26, 2015
Elxandre:
meanwhile, have you tried changing the sensitivity to normal?

And how far about the camera and battery of the 535?
There is no such feature as changing sensitivity. Guess that feature ended with Lumia 520.

The camera is okay for its megapixels both front and rear.

Battery depends on usage.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by basille(m): 5:36am On Feb 26, 2015
Unseen:

@unseen, when browsing with the "use only 3g" option, does it stick to only 3g? Cause after the most recent update i did, the "use only 3g" option in network + settings does not seem to be functional.
Even after a reset. Though i get H+ sometimes, it fluctuates between Edge.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 6:31am On Feb 26, 2015
basille:
@unseen, when browsing with the "use only 3g" option, does it stick to only 3g? Cause after the most recent update i did, the "use only 3g" option in network + settings does not seem to be functional.
Even after a reset. Though i get H+ sometimes, it fluctuates between Edge.
When I wanted to try it, it switched off one of the sim. So I don't bother using it at all
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 8:39am On Feb 26, 2015
Unseen:

When I wanted to try it, it switched off one of the sim. So I don't bother using it at all
Bro pls try it.
I want to know if to bother buying the phone or not.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 12:00pm On Feb 26, 2015
Peavey:
Thanks @ elxandre,i have a UC browser but for some reason,i can't seem to download files attached to my yahoomail on my phone though i use the app,it just keeps loading.... Any suggestions pls?
Why didn't you add your email to your phone? That way you just have to tap on the download option and your word document saves automatically.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 12:15pm On Feb 26, 2015
Nokialumia720:
Lumia 730 or lumia 535. Which one should i buy?
730 going by reviews
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 26, 2015
UjSizzle:

730 going by reviews
yea, i think i will get lumia 730.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.