Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,162 members, 7,953,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:52 PM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (283650 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 10:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
Brite02:

To tell you the truth, have tried. just wish i could use a data network to do this rebooting update
I don't understand. Mine downloaded over mobile network. When I got the notification for the update, it asked if I wanted to do it over wifi or mobile network at the moment and I chose the latter.

Maybe you should reboot your phone and try again.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by princemedico: 2:32am On Jun 27, 2015
Elxandre:

I heard a hard reset may be the only way out for this particular error.
It is said to be a system partition error.

I certainly don't have time nor internet for their nonsense back up and restore.
I have gigs of apps on my phone, so I don't think I can bother with such wahala.

If I may ask what is the brand and model of the phone
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by zub(m): 11:18am On Jun 27, 2015
henry007:
the twitter app is bad for me coz it doesn't support the new quote links. That's really bad. Unless you pay for the tweetium app
you very much right bro...but with time, they will release new update for it. You know windows are always last in terms of update.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 12:21pm On Jun 27, 2015
This is the free download for today, about 16hrs left:

Check out "Magic Ball Bounce" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=009dbe47-4098-4adb-aa35-7418bae49994

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2015
henry007:
thanks for this. Patiently waiting for the 5 inch Lumia 640, after Infinix hot note pro,I'm not a fan of big phones again

It seems that most windows phone users here are not on "Nearby Live". It is an application for community of windows phone users globally. There you can get to interact with users thru technical fora dealing with the windows phone OS amongst other things. Other OS users like Android, BB, iOS also get to interact by logging in thru the website. Get the app:

Check out "Nearby Live" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=e0b331a9-85e8-df11-9264-00237de2db9e
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 12:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
Elxandre:

Thanks for that Xodo tip!
I ignored it earlier cos it didn't have too many reviews cheesy

And, I don't use video editors but thanks for the tip still.

Didn't know a flagship Android could give ram problems though.

Before I forget, can you lock network to 3G only on your Lumia?
Older Lumias suffer alot from this issue, so I wonder if it has truly been rectified.

3G locking is currently not available for 8.1. It was removed while transiting from WP8.0 to WP8.1. Hoping it'll be restored with WP10 official release this October.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 12:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
bettermike:

After endless search for an app that has chat and chatroom options, but to no avail, I had to settle for Togo. Oops 2go. Werin man go do nah.

Whatsapp, no ' singles' chatroom can be boring attimes. Nimbuzz on the other hand is a wreck. That app needs plenty upgrading honestly. I uninstalled it sharp sharp.

I'm giving you no guarantees, but Nearby Live might give you what you want:

Check out "Nearby Live" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=e0b331a9-85e8-df11-9264-00237de2db9e

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 12:48pm On Jun 27, 2015
milvet:
Abeg how can I set my ringtone using correct songs in my album

Try out "ringtone maker" from the store.

Check out "Ringtone Maker" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=5a99cbd9-e82a-4892-8264-17a64f9142e5
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by bettermike: 12:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
ceaser:

Thanks. Really appreciate
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 5:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
ceaser:

3G locking is currently not available for 8.1. It was removed while transiting from WP8.0 to WP8.1. Hoping it'll be restored with WP10 official release this October.

3G locking is available in WP 8.1 for Lumia 535 dual. but for one sim at a time. that is the other sim will go off. i have posted screen shot several times here

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 11:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
Unseen:

3G locking is available in WP 8.1 for Lumia 535 dual. but for one sim at a time. that is the other sim will go off. i have posted screen shot several times here

Okay. I guess that's for those device that have stock 8.1 that came with 'em. Other devices before this that got updated to WP8.1 have different 8.1 version number.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by abduldope(m): 1:11am On Jun 29, 2015
the only anger am havin here is: on my older devices i was a opera addict, & here using it on windows hav limited options i.e saving pages. or tabs closing themselves once u minimize hope they fix that bug fast sha
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by abduldope(m): 1:15am On Jun 29, 2015
ceaser:

how abt the data comsumption ??
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by orimion(m): 2:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
After 3 weeks of internet separation, thank God I'm back. Got 5 pages messages to catch up on
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Ekpees: 5:11pm On Jun 29, 2015
Please I want to know how you guys pay for apps on your windows phone Thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 4:05am On Jun 30, 2015
abduldope:
the only anger am havin here is: on my older devices i was a opera addict, & here using it on windows hav limited options i.e saving pages. or tabs closing themselves once u minimize hope they fix that bug fast sha

You can save pages in the latest updated version of opera mini. Head to the store to update it. To save pages, simply scroll back to the topmost page you have opened until the address bar shows. The click on the "+" plus sign to highlight drop down options for "save page, add to bookmarks, pin to start" and the select your option.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 4:07am On Jun 30, 2015
abduldope:
how abt the data comsumption ??
Negligible. Just like running any other low resource apps on that same device. For example apps like opera mini, whatsapp etc.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 4:19am On Jun 30, 2015
Ekpees:
Please I want to know how you guys pay for apps on your windows phone Thanks

The only time I bought any app was when i got my first windows phone over two yrs ago. The details are fuzzy now. The only thing i remembered doing was that i had to change my region to US in order to be able to type in my debit (GTB) card and other details like address (a US address was required and i was able to get one from my friend), zip code and other things. All these will be done on your wallet app in the phone before you purchase from the store. Alternatively, if you've not visited your wallet before, clicking "buy" on the paid app redirects you back to your wallet and will be required to enter your live password. Once logged in, it asks you if you will like to add another payment option to an existing one or create a new one.

Once your payment is made, you will instantly be able to download the app. However notification of deduction from your account may not take place until after 24hrs.

However what I've noticed in recent times with those that have "Nigeria" set as their region is the denomination of the price of paid apps in "Naira" in the store. So i assume that they hassles of finding a US address to use the store might have been addressed. I believe other people with more and recent experiences here with store purchases will be willing to help.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 4:32am On Jun 30, 2015
people please help! my lumia 520 navigation keys(back,home and search) just stopped working suddenly...I have updated but still the same problem. ANY SOLUTION?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by deepleke(m): 6:40am On Jun 30, 2015
@ekpess.all you need is to add your credit card to your wallet.you don't need a us address anymore.i have used my zenith MasterCard to purchase different app from the store.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by milvet(f): 6:41am On Jun 30, 2015
Good morning family....pls eh I dnt receive whatsapp notifications except if am on d page..wat should I do...lumia 535 user..
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by deepleke(m): 6:48am On Jun 30, 2015
@ aflowz.Press and hold the Volume down button and Power button at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10–15 seconds).this should work.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 30, 2015
deepleke:
@ aflowz.Press and hold the Volume down button and Power button at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10–15 seconds).this should work.

bro thanks for the help....but its still the same....not functioning... this is frustrating!
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Ekpees: 9:33am On Jun 30, 2015
milvet:
Good morning family....pls eh I dnt receive whatsapp notifications except if am on d page..wat should I do...lumia 535 user..
update your phone .and the whatsapp apps I hope this will help thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 9:54am On Jun 30, 2015
princemedico:

If I may ask what is the brand and model of the phone
Doesn't matter really but it's a 520 anyways.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 9:57am On Jun 30, 2015
Unseen:

You mean the second SIM network will go off completely or it changes to Edge like Android?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 10:02am On Jun 30, 2015
abduldope:
Update your opera.
It can now save pages and restore tabs.

Unfortunately, my phone has an error, so I can't download with it.
The download never starts. And I prefer the rendering to UC Browser's.
Sad.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 10:10am On Jun 30, 2015
milvet:
I'm too tired to elaborate.

Go to Notifications and Actions and tick the "SHOW NOTIFICATIONS IN ACTION CENTER WHEN SCREEN IS LOCKED" option.

Scroll to WhatsApp and ensure BANNER, SOUNDS and VIBRATION is turned off.

Note that you won't receive notifications if your battery saver is on!
Also make sure you have the latest update on WhatsApp.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 10:16am On Jun 30, 2015
Aflowz:
people please help! my lumia 520 navigation keys(back,home and search) just stopped working suddenly...I have updated but still the same problem. ANY SOLUTION?
Did you drop the phone?
If you did, I guess the something had loosened up internally. Only a repairer can fix this, if this is the case!

After hard resetting your phone from settings (you'll lose all your apps) and it doesn't work, you may have to take it to Nokia store if you still have a valid warranty or a repairer.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by aribitoye(m): 10:27am On Jun 30, 2015
Pls I noticed this after updating my WhatsApp dis morning. Anytime I make a WhatsApp call and then end the call, it doesn't respond and will still be reconnecting even after I exit the WhatsApp app. I will only be able to disconnect the call until i switch off the phone! Anyone else noticed this?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 10:43am On Jun 30, 2015
abduldope:
Update your opera.
It can now save pages and restore tabs.

Unfortunately, my phone has an error, so I can't download with it.
The download never starts. And I prefer the rendering to UC Browser's.
Sad.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 10:48am On Jun 30, 2015
ceaser:

The only time I bought any app was when i got my first windows phone over two yrs ago. The details are fuzzy now. The only thing i remembered doing was that i had to change my region to US in order to be able to type in my debit (GTB) card and other details like address (a US address was required and i was able to get one from my friend), zip code and other things. All these will be done on your wallet app in the phone before you purchase from the store. Alternatively, if you've not visited your wallet before, clicking "buy" on the paid app redirects you back to your wallet and will be required to enter your live password. Once logged in, it asks you if you will like to add another payment option to an existing one or create a new one.

Once your payment is made, you will instantly be able to download the app. However notification of deduction from your account may not take place until after 24hrs.

However what I've noticed in recent times with those that have "Nigeria" set as their region is the denomination of the price of paid apps in "Naira" in the store. So i assume that they hassles of finding a US address to use the store might have been addressed. I believe other people with more and recent experiences here with store purchases will be willing to help.
I have used GTB and Keystone Bank cards without hassles in the past one year, with Nigerian addresses of course.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (158) (Reply)

Code For Flashing Nokia Phones / Only D Best 4 Ur S60v3 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.