Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,223 members, 7,825,849 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (279614 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by onatisi(m): 9:38pm On Sep 23, 2015
Elxandre:

Kai, uju has bought a bad as§ Lumia tongue

That man up there has answered most of your questions already.

4.I use Tubecast for YouTube. The experience for me is surreal.

does this tubecast consume data a lot
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 10:06pm On Sep 23, 2015
Elxandre:

Kai, uju has bought a bad as§ Lumia tongue

That man up there has answered most of your questions already.

4.I use Tubecast for YouTube. The experience for me is surreal.
Yezz o Oluwa answers the prayers of his shidren grin

Aite thanks. I can use this TubeCast to download YouTube videos right?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 11:56pm On Sep 23, 2015
UjSizzle:
No, I'm not fond of downloading YouTube videos, so I didn't care. Stick to UC browser if you need this. smiley
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 11:57pm On Sep 23, 2015
onatisi:
does this tubecast consume data a lot
Is this a Kueshionn grin

When did YouTube stop ruining data?

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 12:03am On Sep 24, 2015
UjSizzle:
No, I'm not fond of downloading YouTube videos, so I didn't care. Stick to UC browser if you need this. smiley
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by onatisi(m): 3:06am On Sep 24, 2015
Elxandre:

Is this a Kueshionn grin

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by onatisi(m): 3:10am On Sep 24, 2015
Elxandre:

Is this a Kueshionn grin

ok thank you
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by neyosea25(m): 3:13pm On Sep 24, 2015
I want to purchase the new Lumia 540. Can anyone with hands on experience with the phone tell me if it's a nice deal to buy one?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by fijiano202(m): 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2015
neyosea25:
I want to purchase the new Lumia 540. Can anyone with hands on experience with the phone tell me if it's a nice deal to buy one?
great phone
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2015
neyosea25:

The device is okay. Camera not bad for a low range device. The camera pictures are dope under good ambient lighting, however picture with the dual led is not comparable to L920's image quality.
Can support up to 128gig. Currently operate the L540 with 32 gig SD card.
Screen larger than my L920, so that's a plus for it.
No hardware camera button, which is a thumbs down but of course it's expected in a low budget.
No capacitive hardware touch keys. This depends on individual preferences. Some prefer the on screen buttons cos the problem of accidental button press that occurs with the L920 when playing games or watching your favourite you tube movie ain't there. Others do like like the idea of hardware keys cos it doesn't give a premium feel of the device.
Speaker sound is okay. Not bad for a mobile phone. Music thru earphones is very okay and there are options for equalizer settings unlike in the L520 where it is absent.
There is an FFC which also produces good selfie pictures.
Usual good performance with windows 8.1 as it is on other high end Lumias.
No screen touch issues that characterise the predecessor L535.

By and large, it's an okay phone for 30k, 31k (with free power bank) in some outlets
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2015
UjSizzle:
Guys I have questions and need help.

So I'm transitioning from one WP to another.
1. Is it possible to transfer my apps from the old device? If Yes, will I still get my app information after registering the new device with my Live account? If no, does that mean I'll have to repurchase the apps I bought before again?

2. Can I transfer my text messages? I've moved my contacts with the "Transfer my data" app , but it doesn't support sms.

3. What's the best YouTube client app for WP? I know we used to have a very good one in the past until google and their bad belle killed it outta jealousy. What's available and good enough now?

4. In the store what does this mean: Get once, use on compatible devices... With the PC-- Phone logo?

5. Ok, that's all for now.

cc Caesar Talktimi Elxandre etc.

Thanks!

The answers are all on point. But I'll narrate my own experience getting other Lumias (520 & 540).

Before you transit, ensure one thing: Back up your files. The options you have is to either back up without app settings or with app settings. Preferably perform back ups in WiFi.

WITH APP SETTINGS:
This backs up your app settings, game scores (if you don't want to start game from the beginning on your new device) and OneDrive app settings for applications that access your OneDrive account.

This backup may take you hours especially on slow network and hey, it may be data hogging. I have had "with app" backup taking as long as one hour and up to 1.2 gig data. I have stopped "with app back up" afterwards. Another reason I have stopped this backup is cos of coming transition to windows 10. WP8.1 screen settings back up may not work perfectly with WP10. I experienced similar problem with transiting from WP8.0 to WP8.1 as regards home screen settings.

OTHER SETTINGS:
This backup usually takes me less than 15 minutes on average network data speed and is usually under 5mb to 10mb. This handles your text messages, contacts, browser favourites, passwords, home screen settings etc. You may not even need to use "transfer my data" again. That app is most appropriate if you are transiting from a non Lumia or non windows phone to a Windows phone. Here is why:-

When I got an extra windows phone, I used the "transfer my data" app (which only worked with contacts anyway) to get all my contacts across. I did not know that soon as I registered the new device with the same hotmail email for my other device, the contacts were already being synchronised. In short I ended up getting all contacts duplicated on the new phone, a pain in the butt to painstakingly delete the duplicates.

As I was getting worried about how to "transfer" my SMS to the second device, shockingly but pleasantly, I discovered that ALL my sms present as at the time of back up were already on the new device. More surprising is that all Airtel line SMS from one phone is also on the other phone with GLO line SMS and vice versa, and this sync of SMSes between the two devices happens on daily basis as long as they are in line.

That should suffice.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by neyosea25(m): 8:27pm On Sep 26, 2015
ceaser:

The device is okay. Camera not bad for a low range device. The camera pictures are dope under good ambient lighting, however picture with the dual led is not comparable to L920's image quality.
Can support up to 128gig. Currently operate the L540 with 32 gig SD card.
Screen larger than my L920, so that's a plus for it.
No hardware camera button, which is a thumbs down but of course it's expected in a low budget.
No capacitive hardware touch keys. This depends on individual preferences. Some prefer the on screen buttons cos the problem of accidental button press that occurs with the L920 when playing games or watching your favourite you tube movie ain't there. Others do like like the idea of hardware keys cos it doesn't give a premium feel of the device.
Speaker sound is okay. Not bad for a mobile phone. Music thru earphones is very okay and there are options for equalizer settings unlike in the L520 where it is absent.
There is an FFC which also produces good selfie pictures.
Usual good performance with windows 8.1 as it is on other high end Lumias.
No screen touch issues that characterise the predecessor L535.

By and large, it's an okay phone for 30k, 31k (with free power bank) in some outlets
Thanks for the information.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by neyosea25(m): 8:32pm On Sep 26, 2015
fijiano202:
great phone
Thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Oluwadare: 2:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
Lumia 540 is also within my budget but lack of GPS in it just Bleep it up for me.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Ekpees: 7:52pm On Sep 27, 2015
I+own+a+Lumia+535+and+am+enjoying+it.my+problem+is+with+the+built-in+internet+explorer%2cit+consumes+too+much+data+.please+can+anybody+recommend+a+browser+that+doesn't+consume+too+much+data+thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Ekpees: 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2015
Please which is the best browser for Lumia 535 that doesn't consume data like the built in internet explorer thanks.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 9:16pm On Sep 27, 2015
Ekpees:
Please which is the best browser for Lumia 535 that doesn't consume data like the built in internet explorer thanks.
Download UC browser and activate speed mode.

I hope the new Edge browser on Win10 performs better than the Explorer.

Caesar, thank you smiley You've been of tremendous help.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DankemzI(m): 3:01am On Sep 29, 2015
When will Windows 10 mobile be rolled out
Shebi today na 29
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 9:46am On Sep 29, 2015
DankemzI:
When will Windows 10 mobile be rolled out
Shebi today na 29

No clear-cut day o. Where did you get that one?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 5:30pm On Sep 29, 2015
Update available for Opera Mini ... Only change I noticed is some modifications on the UI ... datzall! Still error in downloading files.
EDITED: Just noticed that it now works with screen rotation.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by rapthugx(m): 6:59pm On Sep 29, 2015
DJEhimond:
Update available for Opera Mini ... Only change I noticed is some modifications on the UI ... datzall! Still error in downloading files.
Pls what do you mean by error in downloading files? I hv been using opera mini for more than 2months now n have not had any issues with it. Though the biggest download I hv made is file size of 30mb. I was almost discouraged frm doenloading opera mini in d 1st place cos of reviews I saw online. The best part is I can still save a webpage offline (just as it is on android). It has it shortcomings no doubt but it is still good
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 8:50pm On Sep 29, 2015
rapthugx:
Pls what do you mean by error in downloading files? I hv been using opera mini for more than 2months now n have not had any issues with it. Though the biggest download I hv made is file size of 30mb. I was almost discouraged frm doenloading opera mini in d 1st place cos of reviews I saw online. The best part is I can still save a webpage offline (just as it is on android). It has it shortcomings no doubt but it is still good

Well, good for you. I ain't condemning the app anyway, been having this error in downloading files for quite a while now. I'm sure some peeps are also facing same. Still waiting for a fix.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 8:52am On Sep 30, 2015
Oluwadare:
Lumia 540 is also within my budget but lack of GPS in it just Bleep it up for me.
I don't think it's possible bro.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 8:55am On Sep 30, 2015
DJEhimond:

Well, good for you. I ain't condemning the app anyway, been having this error in downloading files for quite a while now. I'm sure some peeps are also facing same. Still waiting for a fix.
I have been able to fix mine by side loading, opera mini beta version 0.9.0.7.
It has download to sd card option, i guess it was modded.

I don't even check opera for any update anymore. grin
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 10:20am On Sep 30, 2015
Oluwadare:

Global Positioning System (GPS)? Are you kidding me? Even the age long Nokia C3 java phone has GPS. Lumia 540 has dope GPS my brother. The GPS has good accuracy and also fast cold and hot start up times. And of course you know that with Nokia HERE maps, you can still navigate offlineas ling as you have your downloaded offline maps updated in your device or memory card. It's a cool device.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by fijiano202(m): 10:57am On Sep 30, 2015
ceaser:

Global Positioning System (GPS)? Are you kidding me? Even the age long Nokia C3 java phone has GPS. Lumia 540 has dope GPS my brother. The GPS has good accuracy and also fast cold and hot start up times. It's a cool device.
not sure the guy knows what GPS means....with those crazy maps and Here app...u have it all

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 11:48am On Sep 30, 2015
fijiano202:
not sure the guy knows what GPS means....with those crazy maps and Here app...u have it all
Egg-zactly. Those HERE map packages are off the hook.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Oluwadare: 11:54am On Sep 30, 2015
ceaser:

Global Positioning System (GPS)? Are you kidding me? Even the age long Nokia C3 java phone has GPS. Lumia 540 has dope GPS my brother. The GPS has good accuracy and also fast cold and hot start up times. It's a cool device.
shuu!! thank you, I checked the review online phonearena to be precise, and couldn't see it. Maybe I didn't look into it properly.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by fijiano202(m): 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2015
Oluwadare:
shuu!! thank you, I checked the review online phonearena to be precise, and couldn't see it. Maybe I didn't look into it properly.

Network Technology GSM / HSPA
Launch Announced 2015, April
Status Available. Released 2015, May
Body Dimensions 144 x 73.7 x 8.6 mm (5.67 x 2.90 x 0.34 in)
Weight 152 g (5.36 oz)
SIM Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
Display Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 5.0 inches (~64.9% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 720 x 1280 pixels (~294 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
- ClearBlack display
Platform OS Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim
Chipset Qualcomm Snapdragon 200
CPU Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7
GPU Adreno 302
Memory Card slot microSD, up to 128 GB
Internal 8 GB, 1 GB RAM
Camera Primary 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
Features 1/4'' sensor size, geo-tagging
Video 480p@30fps
Secondary 5 MP, 480p
Sound Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
Comms WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, hotspot
Bluetooth v4.0, A2DP
GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
Radio FM radio
USB microUSB v2.0
Features Sensors Accelerometer, proximity
Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
Browser HTML5
Java No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- MP4/H.264 player
- OneDrive (15 GB cloud storage)
- Document viewer
- Video/photo editor
Battery Li-Ion 2200 mAh battery
Stand-by Up to 576 h (2G) / Up to 576 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 26 h (2G) / Up to 15 h (3G)
Music play Up to 81 h
Misc Colors Orange, white, black, gray, blue
Price group 4/10
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Oluwadare: 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2015
fijiano202:

Network Technology GSM / HSPA Launch Announced 2015, April Status Available. Released 2015, May Body Dimensions 144 x 73.7 x 8.6 mm (5.67 x 2.90 x 0.34 in) Weight 152 g (5.36 oz) SIM Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by) Display Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors Size 5.0 inches (~64.9% screen-to-body ratio) Resolution 720 x 1280 pixels (~294 ppi pixel density) Multitouch Yes - ClearBlack display Platform OS Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim Chipset Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 CPU Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 GPU Adreno 302 Memory Card slot microSD, up to 128 GB Internal 8 GB, 1 GB RAM Camera Primary 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash Features 1/4'' sensor size, geo-tagging Video 480p@30fps Secondary 5 MP, 480p Sound Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones Loudspeaker Yes 3.5mm jack Yes Comms WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, hotspot Bluetooth v4.0, A2DP GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS Radio FM radio USB microUSB v2.0 Features Sensors Accelerometer, proximity Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM Browser HTML5 Java No - Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic - MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player - MP4/H.264 player - OneDrive (15 GB cloud storage) - Document viewer - Video/photo editor Battery Li-Ion 2200 mAh battery Stand-by Up to 576 h (2G) / Up to 576 h (3G) Talk time Up to 26 h (2G) / Up to 15 h (3G) Music play Up to 81 h Misc Colors Orange, white, black, gray, blue Price group 4/10
you're such a nice person you know, #Hug you#
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2015
So which Lumia did Ujsizzle get this time around? cheesy
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2015
Feraz:
So which Lumia did Ujsizzle get this time around? cheesy
L930 grin

New devices will be announced next week from MS. I know there'll likely be a 940 on that list-- would like to know what else to expect.

Feraz how are you? smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.