Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:05 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (283721 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 28, 2014
i just got the lumia 520.i noticed that the battery charges fast ..gets full after 2-3hrs.the,problem is,that it doesnt last as long as i tot a nokia battery would.i had a full battery by 7 am..by 10.00,it has gone,to 52% when all i did was,light browsing and bbm.Also i hv been finding it difficult to update it.someone told me the battery life,improves after the 8.1update.pls i need tips on how to solve these issues.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
pls i need answers..it was full again by 11am..now the battery is 39%
i am thinking of returning it..even,blackberry does not have dis kind,if,poor battery life.pls,those
that own the 520,is it normal?i am surprised because i know,nokia batteries are strong.the phone,is barely 48 hrs old.pls advice me on ppssible solutions.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 5:58pm On Oct 28, 2014
Blackbeauty:
pls i need answers..it was full again by 11am..now the battery is 39%
i am thinking of returning it..even,blackberry does not have dis kind,if,poor battery life.pls,those
that own the 520,is it normal?i am surprised because i know,nokia batteries are strong.the phone,is barely 48 hrs old.pls advice me on ppssible solutions.
Lol..
Firstly, forget the stereotype about Nokia batteries being strong. The strength of a battery depends on it's size and how powerful and power consuming the phone is.
The battery on this phone is just 1430maH, so don't expect miracles.
When I bought my 520 nine months ago, I was also very scared, as the battery was running out too fast, but it later got improved after several charge cycles.
What browser do you browse with?
If you use internet explorer with 3g, you are likely to run the battery down quicker than if you use e.g opera mini+ edge /2g (note that the browser on a modern smartphone is far more power consuming and ultimately more powerful than that of any old blackberry device out there.)

I use my phone browsing 7 hours straight using opera mini or UC browser on speed mode plus edge. When I have a task suited for a heavy browser, I switch to internet explorer.
You have to make compromises when you use a phone with a small battery.

Let me give you a few maybe surprising tips,
1 The brightness on your device is a damn power sucker.
When you are in a dark or poorly lit room, switch your brightness profile to AUTO!
it reduces the brightness level and saves you battery.
Also remember to never set your device to high brightness!

Go to settings>swipe left> background tasks and deactivate all unnecessary app you don't really use from running in the background.

switch off location services when not in use!

That is all I can remember for now!
I strongly advice that you update to Lumia cyan 8.1

If you can't still cope with the battery after all these tips, I advice you get a more expensive Lumia, or if you don't fancy an expensive device , maybe you consider Android budget devices then.

Ujsizzle, how did/do you cope with your 620 ?
Was the battery life okay for daily use.
I am asking cos I'm aware the 620 has an even smaller battery.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
Thanks..av been worried
.but i googled it and i git some tips..av done all u suggested.
.they said the battery gets better with use..so,am going to wait it out..asides this i really like d phone.and @wlxandre i already have an android tab..thats y i opted for a budget lumia.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 7:16pm On Oct 29, 2014
Blackbeauty:
Thanks..av been worried
.but i googled it and i git some tips..av done all u suggested.
.they said the battery gets better with use..so,am going to wait it out..asides this i really like d phone.and @wlxandre i already have an android tab..thats y i opted for a budget lumia.
Ok then, the battery gets better with use really, but you have to try conserve it with a few tips though.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by guyANDROID1: 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2014
Why are people suddenly selling their lumia LOL.

Anyway, new updates is out for BBM, Music, and whatsapp now.

... go and update or download it.

As for me im still rocking my android as main multi-task phone and lumia as camera, call and video.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 6:59am On Oct 31, 2014
guyANDROID1:
Why are people suddenly selling their lumia LOL.

People are selling their Lumia in anticipation for Lumia 730

3 Likes

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Durchmann(m): 8:29am On Oct 31, 2014
Unseen:

... And maybe the Lumia 1530, that's if Microsoft decides to release a successor to the 1520.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by guyANDROID1: 8:37am On Oct 31, 2014
Unseen:

Lol, lumia 730 indeed... Stop the generalization as if you are the one that wanna give the contract out. smiley
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Lusayo(m): 10:23am On Oct 31, 2014
Please assist in upgrading my Lumia 720 to window 8.1 OS. I have been trying to use my mobile data, but the response is that I should connect to WiFi in which I don't have access to. Or can't I use my mobile data to download it? Pls help.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by kekeogunro(m): 11:15am On Oct 31, 2014
I use Windows phone.I can't download What Sapp.I need a code.to. Acvate my Microsoft account.pls help me out on it.thanks

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by charlesm91(m): 10:42pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lusayo:
Please assist in upgrading my Lumia 720 to window 8.1 OS. I have been trying to use my mobile data, but the response is that I should connect to WiFi in which I don't have access to. Or can't I use my mobile data to download it? Pls help.
yea,u need to get hooked on to a Wi-Fi network cos it's a large download. Wp mobile data cap download is at 100mb. a Anything above needs a Wi-Fi.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by charlesm91(m): 10:44pm On Oct 31, 2014
kekeogunro:
I use Windows phone.I can't download What Sapp.I need a code.to. Acvate my Microsoft account.pls help me out on it.thanks

uninstall and download the WhatsApp. then try again with your active mobile number. they should send u the code.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 5:18am On Nov 01, 2014
Downloaded BBM since yesterday after I heard there's an update on the app. Still telling me "setting up BBM" angry
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 8:54am On Nov 01, 2014
talktimi:
Downloaded BBM since yesterday after I heard there's an update on the app. Still telling me "setting up BBM" angry

You must be on a poor data network. also ensure you installed on the phone memory. That was how I solved such even on the last version
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 9:13am On Nov 01, 2014
Unseen:

You must be on a poor data network. also ensure you installed on the phone memory. That was how I solved such even on the last version
I use mtn + always on 3g and my apps are downloaded directly to phone memory.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Alfred234(m): 4:11pm On Nov 01, 2014
talktimi:
Am having the same problem and its not due to network cuz my Etisalat is as fast as a rocket its always on H+ but d BBM app refused to open
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 6:32pm On Nov 01, 2014
Alfred234:
Am having the same problem and its not due to network cuz my Etisalat is as fast as a rocket its always on H+ but d BBM app refused to open
its a crappy app I tell you. I'll just stick with whatsapp

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by chibzu: 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2014
talktimi:
its a crappy app I tell you. I'll just stick with whatsapp
Yea BBM is not that good on WP8
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 9:11pm On Nov 01, 2014
Alfred234:

You guys can troubleshoot this. Uninstall and reinstall. and try again. Use to have this problem but not anymore. it's not like the app is superb but it's okay. By the way, Am on Windows phone 8.1
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Alfred234(m): 5:30am On Nov 02, 2014
Unseen:

You guys can troubleshoot this. Uninstall and reinstall. and try again. Use to have this problem but not anymore. it's not like the app is superb but it's okay. By the way, Am on Windows phone 8.1
My phone is on 8.1 and i have uninstalled and reinstalled d BBM app but its still doing d same thing.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by chibzu: 2:30pm On Nov 02, 2014
Am also on wp8.1
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2014
kekeogunro:

log on to your Microsoft/outlook account on a browser, then you will be able to verify your account with a code which will be sent to your other email address.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 9:23pm On Nov 02, 2014
Lusayo:
I used my mobile data for the upgrade undecided It gave me a prompt one day asking if I wanted to update via mobile or WiFi. I chose the former and voila!

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by samflex(m): 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
Unseen:

Bro not network issue, I guess the update crashed BBM for windows. I'm having same issue even with a stronger connection
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by waltereb(m): 7:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
Pleaseoooo, House, i need and affordable fairly used Lumia 930, abeg u can reach me on 08060500676. Thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 9:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
waltereb:
Pleaseoooo, House, i need and affordable fairly used Lumia 930, abeg u can reach me on 08060500676. Thanks

If its possible to get affordable fairly used Galaxy S5, then you can get it. Hope you got it

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 8:59am On Nov 04, 2014
Elxandre:

You must de-register from the update before you can get cyan.
Download the preview developer app again, and make sure you untick the box that signifies your agreement to the developer preview scheme, else, you will only end up downloading another developer preview update again!

I have done this and I ain't getting any update yet. Please help o
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2014
DJEhimond:

I have done this and I ain't getting any update yet. Please help o
what response are you getting?
can you screenshot the problem?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 7:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
Biko I'm ready to buy a new Lumia. 830 looks good because the camera is quite impressive and it has expandable memory, but from the reviews people complained about bad screen resolution.

Basically I want a good camera phone (I mean Pure View and/or Carl Zeiss optics...not so interested in selfies), expandable memory and at least 4.7" screen, 1gb ram...1.2gz quad core will be an added advantage).

Any good suggestions with prices please? It'd be nice if you use said phones so you can give a personal review.
Thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 9:00pm On Nov 04, 2014
UjSizzle:
Biko I'm ready to buy a new Lumia. 830 looks good because the camera is quite impressive and it has expandable memory, but from the reviews people complained about bad screen resolution.

Basically I want a good camera phone (I mean Pure View and/or Carl Zeiss optics...not so interested in selfies), expandable memory and at least 4.7" screen, 1gb ram...1.2gz quad core will be an added advantage).

Any good suggestions with prices please? It'd be nice if you use said phones so you can give a personal review.
Thanks
Lumia 1020
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 9:04pm On Nov 04, 2014
talktimi:
Lumia 1020
That's awful expensive sad And I've dreamt of it for a long time now.

Next best?

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (158) (Reply)

The New USSD Code For Airtel Night Data Plan / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones / Only D Best 4 Ur S60v3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.