Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (279952 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Afamdman(m): 11:00am On Nov 13, 2014
kinesis:
cortana doesnt understand nigerian english yet so change ur region and language to usa. you may have to download the usa english language if its not already there. then restart ur phone. cortana will rise like the phoenix.
the app u r talking about is nokia city lens...not too sure if microsoft have changed the name yet but check d lumia line of apps. all u do is open it and place it up. the sites around u will show up on the screen by itself
thanks I tried to download the city lens app. But it says features on my phone is too much. It seems the resolution of my phone is higher than what it can handle. Weird.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Silverman42(m): 11:52am On Nov 13, 2014
solomityo:

DONT ARGUE... There are more than one files to use.

DOWNLOAD FILES and EXPLORER. Anyone u like but FILES is the best.
Bro, i heard that the limit for downloading apps from the windows store is 20mb when using mobile network and it is not optional to bypass the limit when using mobile network. Does that mean you need wifi connectivity to download games like MC4?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by draj93(m): 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
am using nokiA lumia 900 n i use uc web browser bt i still can't see where to export my files. i need help pls
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by draj93(m): 12:15pm On Nov 13, 2014
pls can i upgrade my Nokia Lumia 900 to d new win 8 version, need help on to upgrade it pls
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 12:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
orimion:
I downloaded a zip file with internet explorer. How will I locate It in "Files"
I'll suggest you download "Pocket File Manager". The free version is a lot more flexible than microsoft's "Files"m
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 12:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
guyANDROID1:

Thank God is not that guy that posted this, i would have bash him.

Now you have seen for yourself another area window phone is lacking behind. Is app creation meant for a particular mobile device or current OS running on a particular device?

Some app will tell you, this is not meant for lumia 610 though the app says phone runing 8.1 and if lumia 610 is running 8.1 and also lumia 520 running 8.1, why cant app running on lumia 1020 using 8.1 run on both 619 and 520? Another flaws

If samsung galaxy 5 and techno phantom runs same OS kitkat... They can run same app despite the cost and spec.

Hope you get me right coz i have saw many app review on window app store complaining of this jargons.

I was even the first person that posted the New BBM update here weeks ago. I dont complain of lagging after i upgrade my BBM using OS 8.1 but i saw so many ppl complaining here even on window store. So dont tell me crap or lecture me when it comes to window 8 OS
I think it might be a ram problem. Most apps have to be optimized to accommodate Lumia phones with 512ram (and there are a lot of them).

BBM sucks on my phone though, so I just deleted the rubbish. And most developers are yet to build their applications to run well on W8 devices. That should be the developer's problem and not the OS itself, because i have a number of apps that run well on my device.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 12:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
crazyawesome911:
Someone check this out. I updated my Lumia and it shows in now on lumia denim but I can't see any of the sweetness that comes with denim.

Shots below.
What are the expected sweetness biko?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 2:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
orimion:
abegi, what are you saying ke? Don't ever compare windows with Android ,ever again! A phone that if you download say a PDF file, you don't know where it is. You can only view it with Adobe(or any other PDF reader). You don't know where downloaded files go. I downloaded a zip file with uc browser, with the hope of sending it to the system. Till today, I don't know where it is. I can only check what's inside the zip from the download history of UC. You have to developer unlock the phone before you can install apps not from the store and so on. Windows is better than Android Not even close!
You are obviously a noob bro grin #no offence.
While Android is way more powerful than windows phone, this issues you listed don't exist.
Hold down the PDF in uc download list and click export. You will then find this in pictures/ucdownload.
Download pocket file manager to gain better control over unzipping files.

I can perform almost all file operations on WP.

The biggest problem WP has is apps.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 2:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
guyANDROID1:

My brother don't mind these peeps here, they taught im novice when it comes to using smartphone.... I have used virtually all OS even the almighty iOS and i can tell you the difference.

They are making people looks like window phone is the classic fone in town now.

For you info, I sell mobile gadget and I can tell you hundreds of areas where window 8 phone is lacking behind.... Now look at the much hype delim update... Noting is changing like what people are anticipating.

Do you the latest trend in town now about window 8 phone.... It is the speakers and headphone issue. You will plug in your headphone and when you remove it. The outside speakers stops working... I search google yesterday and come and see thousands of people having this problem from different device. Well Microsoft claim it is software issue that next update will fix it.

It was yesterday that I discovered the soft solution to it... I almost look like a lier yesterday when I wanted to sell Lumia 1020 to someone and the speaker stop working but thank God I was able to explain to the guy on how to manually do because it is just a software issue and not hardware.

If I'm lying just search google"Nokia Lumia speakers not working after using Headphones" and see comments.

If it comes to Os rating.

iOs no one

Android second

Blackberry 10.1 third

Windows follows.

You can still quote and attack me with your lectures.
Rating iOS above Android made your post invalid.
You honestly have to use the phone for a while before you get a grip of it.
This OS lacks apps though.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 2:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
How can anyone who has used IOS talk ill of windows phone?
WP is far more open than an unjailbroken iPhone.
Can you copy files from your PC to your iPhone with a simple USB transfer?
Do you have an official file manager yet?
Is your multitasking not the same pause and resume like windows phone?
Which has the better start screen between both?

The only major thing an unjailbroken iPhone has over WP is apps.

And someone even compared BB10 without its own apps to windows phone? grin

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by emmaliveth10(m): 8:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
Neat Nokia Lumia 520 for sale...contact 08037727626
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Highziq(m): 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
orimion:
There is no application to view downloaded files on the internal memory(except you download with UC and then export it) But viewing it where it was downloaded? No no no! No dey try to claim expert here(cos I goggled t the problem and found out it's universal)

That a big lie cos with ur the files application u can view any downloaded files either from IE or UE so u get to knw that urself
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Highziq(m): 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
guyANDROID1:

If it comes to Os rating.

iOs no one

Android second

Blackberry 10.1 third

Windows follows.

You can still quote and attack me with your lectures.

It shows clearly that u're a smartphone freak & not about Operating system cos every operating system has it own lacking point and that while each OS still runs updates

But if u say Blackberry 10 is much better than Windows, I guess u don't really understand those 4 OS clearly.

Blackberry is no 1 when it come to maximum Security.

Iphone is no 1 when it come to the Best applications and a wonderful O.S

Windows is no 1 when it comes Simple and Classic O.S

While Android is no 1 when it comes to you customizing ur device.

So pls know what you want, then select the best O.S that fit you and stop all this ur criticizing cos I know want I wanted from a device and windows get me 82% of that and I'm ok.
If windows does not meet urs or U don't really understand the O.S, pls switch to what suit you cos as for me I really cherish what windows as a new operating system is capable of doing within few years.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Highziq(m): 9:15am On Nov 14, 2014
crazyawesome911:
Someone check this out. I updated my Lumia and it shows in now on lumia denim but I can't see any of the sweetness that comes with denim.

Shots below.

Lumia denim is not full update bro, its come with little changes which u may not be aware.
Cos basically the update comes with just 4 main changes which 're really noticed.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by guyANDROID1: 10:30am On Nov 14, 2014
Elxandre:

Rating iOS above Android made your post invalid.
You honestly have to use the phone for a while before you get a grip of it.
This OS lacks apps though.

Bro, you may rate android because of its popularity and number of users but when it comes to apps and smooth Os like highziq mentioned then android is nowhere near iOs... Bro, try and use iOs for 6months and you'll surely know the different.

btw, iPhone can also be jailbroken like rooting of android so how is android number one?

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by guyANDROID1: 11:55am On Nov 14, 2014
Ok guys, enough of the debate..... window is the best.....

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by opinchinoo(m): 7:12pm On Nov 14, 2014
orimion:
abegi, what are you saying ke? Don't ever compare windows with Android ,ever again! A phone that if you download say a PDF file, you don't know where it is. You can only view it with Adobe(or any other PDF reader). You don't know where downloaded files go. I downloaded a zip file with uc browser, with the hope of sending it to the system. Till today, I don't know where it is. I can only check what's inside the zip from the download history of UC. You have to developer unlock the phone before you can install apps not from the store and so on. Windows is better than Android Not even close!
download files by Microsoft from d store
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by crazyawesome911(m): 7:24pm On Nov 14, 2014
UjSizzle:

What are the expected sweetness biko?

so many and i am too lazy to type
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by kkon(m): 9:54pm On Nov 14, 2014
kinesis:
how much do u want to sell it for?
45k call or wattsapp for pics.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Pstsmith(m): 2:31am On Nov 15, 2014
Microsoft just announced that all windows8 phones will be updated to windows 10 when it comes out. that includes all low end windows phones 520 and the likes.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2014
i would advice u change that phone. microsoft has stopped updates for windows 7 devices tey tey. try and get a lumia 630 or 730 and enjoy ur lumia like a luxury
draj93:
am using nokiA lumia 900 n i use uc web browser bt i still can't see where to export my files. i need help pls
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Highziq(m): 9:40pm On Nov 15, 2014
kinesis:
all u guys here bashing windows phone are funny. where were u when android and ios first came out? nowhere. i technically have used all oses to the max and i know where windows phone flaws others to a pulp. android has an advantage over every other os because of its customizability, yet it's super vulnerable. i can categorically tell u not even android, or ios were on the level windows phone is on now at the time they just came out. this is a thread for windows phone users i must say. respect the fact that we have a thread and move over silently.

thanks for understanding

Exactly.... within few years windows can also stand among other competing O.S. now windows store has over 500,000 application.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 10:38pm On Nov 15, 2014
Highziq:

Exactly.... within few years windows can also stand among other competing O.S. now windows store has over 500,000 application.
Really cool apps I should add cheesy

And guys I just discovered this video player for mkv and flv files. It also comes with subtitles and absolutely free.
CC player.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by martineverest(m): 10:43pm On Nov 15, 2014
All these arguement ll stop when microsoft launches windows 10...as far as am concerned, there are only 2 os, mac os and windows. Google cant compete with apple and microsoft.android have gotten to its peak in 2014,just as samsumg peaked in 2013 and nokia in 2008.....android ll fall from d launch of win 10.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 3:27am On Nov 16, 2014
martineverest:
All these arguement ll stop when microsoft launches windows 10...as far as am concerned, there are only 2 os, mac os and windows. Google cant compete with apple and microsoft.android have gotten to its peak in 2014,just as samsumg peaked in 2013 and nokia in 2008.....android ll fall from d launch of win 10.
you mean Windows os and blackberry/blackberry 10. Android is (total) garbage
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by martineverest(m): 2:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
No,it means window phone,ios,android and bb os re weak and light.they re meant for consumer,media and household devices like phones and tablet.computer os like mac,windows and linux are heavy os for enterprise,industrial and professional purposes....the weakness of android,ios etc limits their usage in other areas.dat microsoft promptly launched surface tablets(laplets) to monopolise professional tablets.lenovo also joined with yoga pro...these new devices are gradually making proffesional ditch android tablet and ipad for windows tablet..with the launch of windows 10 with a unified operating syste;,more apps,more oem will join windows device production.this ll tempt microsoft to start producing phones with windows os(phones with up to 8gb ram with intel core processors),resulting to pocket pc......dats y there have been rumours of 'surface phone'
talktimi:
you mean Windows os and blackberry/blackberry 10. Android is (total) garbage
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by dandalo: 3:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
pls frnd how much it cost lumia 730 fairly used
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 3:08pm On Nov 16, 2014
dandalo:
pls frnd how much it cost lumia 730 fairly used
Not sure. The new one costs about 45k. You can check OLX though or use mtn's price check.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 3:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
Guys? I'm wondering if it's advisable to buy Nokia Lumia phones currently, since Microsoft have decided to shut down the company and rename their phones Microsoft Lumia. My current fear is that soon they'll look for a way to phase out the Nokia models and promote their MSLumias instead, and if I'm not being paranoid they just might decide to stop releasing OS updates like they did with the Symbian model.

Just wondering if I should buy this phone i want now, or wait till MS start releasing their Lumias next year undecided

You know Soyinka once said Nigerians have collective amnesia grin
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 3:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
UjSizzle:
Guys? I'm wondering if it's advisable to buy Nokia Lumia phones currently, since Microsoft have decided to shut down the company and rename their phones Microsoft Lumia. My current fear is that soon they'll look for a way to phase out the Nokia models and promote their MSLumias instead, and if I'm not being paranoid they just might decide to stop releasing OS updates like they did with the Symbian model.

Just wondering if I should buy this phone i want now, or wait till MS start releasing their Lumias next year undecided

You know Soyinka once said Nigerians have collective amnesia grin
you're safe to buy anyone you want
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
talktimi:
you're safe to buy anyone you want
Okay, thanks smiley
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by dandalo: 4:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
UjSizzle:

Not sure. The new one costs about 45k. You can check OLX though or use mtn's price check.
tnx broz.can i download videos morethan 20mb with wp cuz i heard something lyk ds,i never use use wp before but want try it

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.