Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,326 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278844 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by amnps: 10:40pm On Oct 13, 2014
I have 2 black Lumia 1320 for sale running on the latest OS, Lumia Cyan 8.1.

Interested? Holla @ 07035460694/08023139895.

N38k negotiable.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Durchmann(m): 11:43am On Oct 14, 2014
Anyone interested in a Nokia Lumia 1520? It comes with box and all accessories intact. WhatsApp on 07064426462, for clean photos and price if interested.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by sharperino(m): 3:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
Still on the look out for a clean & good lumia 620.
Anyone?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by guyANDROID1: 10:11pm On Oct 14, 2014
Window 8, 8.1 is still lacking behind when it comes to smartphone world.
Reasons:

1. No locking of 3G networks; I keep on getting EDGE network all the time even after setting it to 3G as highest connection and I get 3G with same sim on android and blackberry. Due to this, I have gone back to my android and blackberry coz I can't keep on getting fluctuating service why i get stable 3G with same sim. I'm the type that always need strong network for my bizness.

2. Open apps keeps on resuming after opening it for a long time. Imagine me opening 5 apps (multi-tasking) and when going back to left open apps I keep on seeing "resuming" and sometimes app will disappear in the cause of resuming. So annoying.

I can open 10 apps on any android and leave it for hours and still be able to navigate to it without waiting for the apps to load, WP lacks this feature. Even a small techno Android doesn't wait for it to load while resuming.

3. No apps to lock all my downloaded and frequently use app like vault app on android. Someone will just collect my fone and the next thing is going through all my chats, SMS, etc.

4. Coping large files like 1gig-10gig get slow like snail on window phone to window PC which not to be so. They should ask apple how they do theirs. I have once tasted iPhone before and I know how It feels to own one.
Maybe they think they're still in the era of Symbian fones.

5. Infact they need quick update for all this crap they call OS cos so many issue lacking behind. Well I have sent a copy of this as 'rate us' and also send it to window phone forum. Hopefully they said next update will be better.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 11:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
So guys, my Lumia 925 was recently stolen at knife point by two guys. I'm glad I wasn't stabbed after my hand was cut. Though I miss the phone like mad, what can I do? That being said, who knows how much a Lumia 735 goes for? Also what are your thoughts on the phone and please, compare it with a 925. Which is better?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 11:05pm On Oct 14, 2014
jorges1:
Guys, I need assistance. My lumia 925 heats up terribly while I'm browsing, chatting and charging and browsing. Pls what do I do to stop his and avoid being burnt?
Are you on Windows 8.1? If no, you should update. It's gonna stop the whole heating ish. . .
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by khattab008: 11:53pm On Oct 14, 2014
@All
Please anyone with useful on unlocking a Nokia Lumia 630 locked a U.S Carrier in nigeria
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by emmaliveth10(m): 6:31am On Oct 15, 2014
A clean Nokia Lumia 520 for sale!

Interested buyers should call or whatsapp 08037727626!
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 8:10am On Oct 15, 2014
Feraz:
So guys, my Lumia 925 was recently stolen at knife point by two guys. I'm glad I wasn't stabbed after my hand was cut. Though I miss the phone like mad, what can I do? That being said, who knows how much a Lumia 735 goes for? Also what are your thoughts on the phone and please, compare it with a 925. Which is better?
Visit www.gsmarena.com and compare specs of both phones.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 8:11am On Oct 15, 2014
sharperino:
Still on the look out for a clean & good lumia 620.
Anyone?
Seriously?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by sharperino(m): 8:39am On Oct 15, 2014
UjSizzle:

Seriously?

Yes o!
In need of Lumia 620.
Have 1 for sale?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 15, 2014
guyANDROID1:
Reasons:

1. No locking of 3G networks; I keep on getting EDGE network all the time even after setting it to 3G as highest connection and I get 3G with same sim on android and blackberry. Due to this, I have gone back to my android and blackberry coz I can't keep on getting fluctuating service why i get stable 3G with same sim. I'm the type that always need strong network for my bizness.

2. Open apps keeps on resuming after opening it for a long time. Imagine me opening 5 apps (multi-tasking) and when going back to left open apps I keep on seeing "resuming" and sometimes app will disappear in the cause of resuming. So annoying.

I can open 10 apps on any android and leave it for hours and still be able to navigate to it without waiting for the apps to load, WP lacks this feature. Even a small techno Android doesn't wait for it to load while resuming.

3. No apps to lock all my downloaded and frequently use app like vault app on android. Someone will just collect my fone and the next thing is going through all my chats, SMS, etc.

4. Coping large files like 1gig-10gig get slow like snail on window phone to window PC which not to be so. They should ask apple how they do theirs. I have once tasted iPhone before and I know how It feels to own one.

5. Infact they need quick update for all this crap they call OS cos so many issue lacking behind. Well I have sent a copy of this as 'rate us' and also send it to window phone forum. Hopefully they said next update will be better.
trash

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by khattab008: 8:08pm On Oct 15, 2014
Hello
Am considering buying a windows phone but i learnt that there so many restrictions on the phone, like: not being able to send or receive media files(photos,videos and audio) from other phones via bluetooth.
Pls how true is it
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 8:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
khattab008:
Hello
Am considering buying a windows phone but i learnt that there so many restrictions on the phone, like: not being able to send or receive media files(photos,videos and audio) from other phones via bluetooth.
Pls how true is it

Not quite true this issue has been addressed with the latest Os Windows Phone 8.1.
So If you buy a Windows Phone with the latest OS(Not second hand old lumia) . you will enjoy it.

2 Likes

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
I hate that this phone is constantly locked to 3G angry

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by khattab008: 9:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
Unseen:

Not quite true this issue has been addressed with the latest Os Windows Phone 8.1.
So If you buy a Windows Phone with the latest OS(Not second hand old lumia) . you will enjoy it.
The phone does not run on the Windows Phone 8.1 platform but is upgradable to 8.1 is it still ok
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2014
khattab008:

The phone does not run on the Windows Phone 8.1 platform but is upgradable to 8.1 is it still ok

If you are sure its upgradeable. then it's okay after you upgrade. That's the point you will enjoy Windows Phone.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by khattab008: 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
Unseen:

If you are sure its upgradeable. then it's okay after you upgrade. That's the point you will enjoy Windows Phone.
OK...Thanks very much I appreciate
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by khattab008: 9:31pm On Oct 15, 2014
Unseen:

OK...Thanks very much I appreciate
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 2:00am On Oct 16, 2014
guyANDROID1:
Reasons:

The 3g issue is very annoying.
The multitasking is very similar to iOS. Just try a 1 gig ram phone.
The inability to lock apps is poor too.
Dude, be honest, can you just plug your iPhone to a PC to transfer stuffs?

Windows phone is close to perfection, but it still has to improve on some annoying aspects.
And it lacks some important apps too.

If they won't rectify the 3g issue, I will have to go Android though. But I'll surely miss the fast OS.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Christine01(f): 6:40am On Oct 16, 2014
I have finally upgraded my 520 from Amber to Black and finally to Cyan. The upgrade process almost frustrated me because the WiFi network I used was not strong. The phone is way better now with more lovely features. smiley

Meanwhile, the much talked about cortana... How do I go about it?

Now I have Cortana on my phone. grin
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Christine01(f): 7:05am On Oct 16, 2014
I now have Cortana on my phone

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 8:27am On Oct 16, 2014
Nokialumia720:
trash
Actually, he made salient points

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2014
Christine01:
I have finally upgraded my 520 from Amber to Black and finally to Cyan. The upgrade process almost frustrated me because the WiFi network I used was not strong. The phone is way better now with more lovely features. smiley

Meanwhile, the much talked about cortana... How do I go about it?

Now I have Cortana on my phone. grin
how did you get the Wi Fi?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by guyANDROID1: 1:17pm On Oct 16, 2014
Elxandre:

The 3g issue is very annoying.
The multitasking is very similar to iOS. Just try a 1 gig ram phone.
The inability to lock apps is poor too.
Dude, be honest, can you just plug your iPhone to a PC to transfer stuffs?

Windows phone is close to perfection, but it still has to improve on some annoying aspects.
And it lacks some important apps too.

If they won't rectify the 3g issue, I will have to go Android though. But I'll surely miss the fast OS.

Bro, I mean MacBook and iPhone not iPhone and window.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by guyANDROID1: 1:20pm On Oct 16, 2014
Feraz:
Actually, he made salient points

You think I will answer the novice.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by guyANDROID1: 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2014
UjSizzle:
I hate that this phone is constantly locked to 3G >sad
I'm back to my lovely android coz I can connect with stable 3G all the time expect there's general network issue.

Imagine me using same SIM, same location on window and all I could get some time is Edge after setting it to 3G as highest connection and I get stable 3G all the time on android...

Window 8.1: Missing lock 3G since 2012 cheesy

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 2:58pm On Oct 16, 2014
Christine01:
I now have Cortana on my phone
To use Cortana on your phone,
Make sure your region and speech is set to English (United states).
Then switch on your location services aka GPS.
go to the app list, you should see Cortana then..
Relply if you got any questions. cool
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 3:03pm On Oct 16, 2014
guyANDROID1:

Bro, I mean MacBook and iPhone not iPhone and window.
Oh ok...but I only experience such transferring certain movies to my phone via USB. I don't know why the transfers get so slow those times, otherwise, transfers are very fast for other file types.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 3:21pm On Oct 16, 2014
guyANDROID1:

I'm back to my lovely android coz I can connect with stable 3G all the time expect there's general network issue.

Imagine me using same SIM, same location on window and all I could get some time is Edge after setting it to 3G as highest connection and I get stable 3G all the time on android...

Window 8.1: Missing lock 3G since 2012 cheesy
This is the most annoying thing,
I can only get MTN 3g at certain places, e.g window panes grin but my windows phone will never hook on to it since the network is not strong enough.
Believe me, I haven't ever seen 3g on my phone using MTN. Other networks with stronger 3g signals work well though, but fluctuate needlessly between 3g and edge.
There is a way to bypass this though with a massive tweak, but I don't do tweaks anymore.

IPhone is actually more closed than WP, but Apple had the sense to leave it open to jailbreaks, making sure the geeks fell in love with it. And that is what made it grow.
If Microsoft left the this Os open to jaibreaks, windows phone woulda been epic.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Kreamie(m): 4:42pm On Oct 16, 2014
Nokia Lumia 630 (Black) for quick sale! Clean! Reason for selling; Upgrading to the Lumia 730...Holla on whatsapp 08058380758
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by guyANDROID1: 6:02pm On Oct 16, 2014
Elxandre:

This is the most annoying thing,
I can only get MTN 3g at certain places, e.g window panes grin but my windows phone will never hook on to it since the network is not strong enough.
Believe me, I haven't ever seen 3g on my phone using MTN. Other networks with stronger 3g signals work well though, but fluctuate needlessly between 3g and edge.
There is a way to bypass this though with a massive tweak, but I don't do tweaks anymore.

IPhone is actually more closed than WP, but Apple had the sense to leave it open to jailbreaks, making sure the geeks fell in love with it. And that is what made it grow.
If Microsoft left the this Os open to jaibreaks, windows phone woulda been epic.

You are right though, thats why iPhone and Android will continue to be at the fore-front of smartphone world because of this jailbrake/root thang.

I will surely find a way to this window 3G issue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.