Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag (33178 Views)

My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help / Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag / Help!!! My Husband Has Been Sleeping With Our Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by Idowuogbo(f): 5:36pm On Jul 22, 2013
neyostica: @op you got what you you deserved, i feel like beating you myself
@phboy well done, women are like goats, beat her arse the more
Smh! Some mothers sure have them...

Ur mother is a she-goat

Ur sisters are Malus

Ur female relatives are donkeys!

Oya go carry stick begin beat them till death do una part. Onyeara!!!

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by stpat1(m): 5:41pm On Jul 22, 2013
Really sorry to hear that. While growing up, I constantly witness wife battery by a neighbour and with that, I always quickly restrain myself if I feel I am raising my voice at anyone cos I still see the horror pics whenever I see couples quarreling or even arguing. Today they are no more together and I tell you, the negative effect on the up bringing of the kids will last a lifetime.

I can feel your pain. Well I'll advice you adopt a subtle approach while dealing with him. I am not a counsellor.
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by neyostica: 5:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
Idowuogbo:

Ur mother is she-goat

Ur sisters are Malus

you lucky i can't see you now, would have beaten you to pulp

holy book: stupidity resides in the heart of children/women, you need to beat it out
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by Idowuogbo(f): 5:49pm On Jul 22, 2013
neyostica:

you lucky i can't see you now, would have beaten you to pulp

holy book: stupidity resides in the heart of children/women, you need to beat it out
Kai! U are extremely lucky I can't step foot in dat shalanga u call room and parlour.I wud ave bashed ya head in wiv my platform heels. Oku Gbe! Eranko Ikeji aja! Waka!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by Idowuogbo(f): 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2013
stpat1: Really sorry to hear that. While growing up, I constantly witness wife battery by a neighbour and with that, I always quickly restrain myself if I feel I am raising my voice at anyone cos I still see the horror pics whenever I see couples quarreling or even arguing. Today they are no more together and I tell you, the negative effect on the up bringing of the kids will last a lifetime.

I can feel your pain. Well I'll advice you adopt a subtle approach while dealing with him. I am not a counsellor.
Pato, I site u o! Wey my IV? wink
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by ameenahz(f): 6:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
neyostica: @op you got what you you deserved, i feel like beating you myself
@phboy well done, women are like goats, beat her arse the more

It is men like you that make me wish i was a witch so i can come during the night and beat u black and blue and watch you grovel. U really need some beating. I pity the woman who marries/d you.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by dayokanu(m): 6:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
Alele. Pick race with your heels touching your back

if you no wan divorce, Separate, Just dont stay in the same house
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by Onuokwu: 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
Doctorazz: I never thought i would be saying this ,but here i am.

My husband whom i dated for 8 years and have been married to for under 1 year has turned me into a punching bag.i went through his phone and confronted him via bb msg for a chat he had with a certain female friend and there and then he started landing slaps on me,my head,ear,face etc for more than 6 hrs i have been feeling intense headache.

He apparently has a problem with his family,which he refused to disclose to me about which seems to be annoying him.He beat me mercilessly in the presence of our maid.

I've been of great assistance to him before we got married. Right from our university days, i always shared my pocket money with him,etc. been extremely nice to him even though i have my own human errors.

Looking back now,he always had the signs of wife battery,but in a way,i blame myself,because when i should have left,i discovered i was pregnant thereby being trapped in such a terrible situation.

My parents think i have the best marriage because they are aware of only his good sides,but at home, behind closed doors,he is a demon.

I am living in a nightmare,don't know what to do.

I feel like running away.

pls nairalanders help ,i don't want to be the woman her husband killed.!!!

Gosh.....this is so pathetic. i am tired of ladies saying they stayed ina relationship because they discovered they were pregnant. The script is becoming so lame now.
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by hardbody: 7:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
Madam, stay put, dont go anywhere. Just raise some money and arrange your coffin and your burial place. Inscribe on the tombstone, 'i died for love'. Go home and wait for him to kill you. Eediet.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by eherbal(m): 7:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
speeddater: Abeg go read https://www.nairaland.com/portharcourtboy/posts/17 for background on this story

hmmm. We really should hear from both sides before prosecuting. Most of you calling for a separation ought to be ashamed of yourselves. They can still work it out. Cause the lady croaked first doesn't mean she's justified. Thanks to speeddater for this insight.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by eherbal(m): 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2013
tjark1:
On the piteous mode, i think u should tell ur closest relation or ur pastor if una de go church...
@op,don't, I repeat, don't ever involve any cleric in your marital affairs, ever! Pastors that can hardly keep their home front, and are known to take advantage of couples crisis to covet the wife of their members. It still happened till recently.
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by eherbal(m): 8:54pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ujujoan:

Let me give you marriage tips debo . . .

Men are entitled some things while women to some . . . a man can't have it both ways and a woman can't either.

Just like we expect her to cook the meals the way her husband wants, have sex the way he wants and keep the house the way he likes; we also expect the husband to be big enough to avoid confrontations, learn to manage her volatile and hormone-infested emotions and learn to walk away!

I can't even begin to tell you how many fight Mr. Ujujoan had walked away from . . trust me, I can be very annoying!

So when he walks away from these fights and comes home to demand nkwobi, I don't hesitate to go into the kitchen and work my magic! cool cool

My point is that both parties should learn to meet each other half way. What do they achieve from constantly fighting each other!
You see, that's what I'm talking about. That's my gurl. So what happens after the nkwobi episode? wink
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by Ivynwa(f): 9:43pm On Jul 22, 2013
When poster opened the other thread lamenting how verbally abusive her man is, I read the utterances of both of them and asked "What the hook really is" in the relationship if the man was listing all kinds of weaknesses on the girl's part and the girl was listing the man's own.
Fastforward a year later and this couple are still listing weaknesses with things getting to a violent head.
Mr. Portharcourtboy in the other thread I told you that you are domineering and you are proving it again and again. Each time she opens a thread, you storm there and take over the thread from her insulting her with "she can't do this, she can't do that, my mum is not a lazy b*ttom a*s like her, She can' t cook food etc. The same person that can't boil rice last year haven't learnt a thing all these while and still can't boil rice today? It seems like you are being too fault finding, note that you did not grow up in the same home with her and the methods of cooking used in your different homes cannot be the same. If she can't cook it with the same measure of ingredients your mama use to cook that does not mean that she cannot cook please. All you need do is show her how much ingredients to mix up the way you like it and you don't have to insult her like that while showing her that.

How did you know that she opened this thread if you were not making checks on her too and you had to beat her like a worthless person because she couldn't resist the temptation of going through your phone. The same lady you make love to and say all the endearing words to. The woman that carried/gave birth to your child and you dared lift your hands to beat her. Mister your posts portray you as a man with a strong character who is faultfinding too. You are telling her that when she leaves that there are enough women around to take her place. What happens if another woman takes her place and runs again when the fire becomes too much for her? ----that is when everybody will realize that you have your weaknesses too. You need to calm down a bit for your wife. You are not perfect yet you are always listing the girl's fault. What you and your wife are doing right now is like assembling plenty people in the street and each of you narrating your side of your problems to them. You will get all kinds of advice for sure so it's better you both sit down, nip this problem for the last time and give peace & joy chances in your home.

I read that she broke your shoulder and broke your tablets too. We were not told what made her do these things not that she should get violent too. It is not good for a man and woman to live in violence because someday one may kill the other, you are even better off on your own without being exposed to violence than being yoked in it so if you want to remain married know that violence has no place in a loving marriage. Decide against it in your marriage, pray and work against it. Work at weaknesses that the other partner wants to be improved on and make each other happy. Please you guys must never hit each other again, we don't want to see another thread with shattering news. If you want to keep hitting yourselves better separate and stay alive. Each of you may come across people with cooler demeanor. I haven't seen a man and woman that are always nullifying each other out and are still glued like "You are the most terrible man/woman on earth but I am stuck on you". There seems to be a hook here, you can as well make whatever it is that binds you beautiful even with the teeming imperfections and weaknesses than living the rest of your lives being at each other's neck. There is no perfect husband or wife out there without an atom of weakness in them.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by maira09(f): 12:35am On Jul 23, 2013
shocked. If he trn u in 2 a bag why nt trn him in 2 a soap.why shud u go through a man Phn dnt u no is nt right even if u marry him becausei no many women marry men.go sleeping.
˚☺k˚˚ >̴̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡ u think nairaland an police station.u dey learn work.
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by neyostica: 8:40am On Jul 23, 2013
maira09: shocked. If he trn u in 2 a bag why nt trn him in 2 a soap.why shud u go through a man Phn dnt u no is nt right even if u marry him becausei no many women marry men.go sleeping.
˚☺k˚˚ >̴̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡ u think nairaland an police station.u dey learn work.

finally a woman with sense, though it took me about an hour to decipher what you typed up there........ kudos
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by popcykaylah(m): 12:05pm On Jul 23, 2013
real men dont raise thier hands on a woman.
Doctorazz: I never thought i would be saying this ,but here i am.

My husband whom i dated for 8 years and have been married to for under 1 year has turned me into a punching bag.i went through his phone and confronted him via bb msg for a chat he had with a certain female friend and there and then he started landing slaps on me,my head,ear,face etc for more than 6 hrs i have been feeling intense headache.

He apparently has a problem with his family,which he refused to disclose to me about which seems to be annoying him.He beat me mercilessly in the presence of our maid.

I've been of great assistance to him before we got married. Right from our university days, i always shared my pocket money with him,etc. been extremely nice to him even though i have my own human errors.

Looking back now,he always had the signs of wife battery,but in a way,i blame myself,because when i should have left,i discovered i was pregnant thereby being trapped in such a terrible situation.

My parents think i have the best marriage because they are aware of only his good sides,but at home, behind closed doors,he is a demon.

I am living in a nightmare,don't know what to do.

I feel like running away.

pls nairalanders help ,i don't want to be the woman her husband killed.!!!
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by QueenRAW(f): 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

grin grin grin what kinda advice is this? what if he beats her while shes praying? silly advice

Of course she should pray and seek divine guidance.I didn't say that she should pray and nothing else.I said that she should also follow the logical advice that she would dole out to her own daughter, if she was to find herself in a similar situation, God forbid.

Please do not attempt to ridicule my advice by only focusing on one aspect of my comment.If what I am writing displeases you, do better by giving more sound advice.

In all situations, negative and positive, prayer is a key component.This is my opinion, and if yours differs, well good for you.Last I checked you did not pay my bills, and I don't pay yours.No love lost nor gained
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by QueenRAW(f): 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2013
cold:
Seriously what is wrong with you?Someone is being pummelled to her death & you're asking her to pray even harder.Oma se o!

There is obviously an illiteracy issue with the memebers on this site.Before quoting my comment, please read thoroughly and carefully
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by extraflyfineboy(m): 1:28pm On Jul 23, 2013
so sad, its a painful story but it does happen every where.
who will speak up? who will fight 4 them? its exactly the sort of story here http://umehoma.com
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ivynwa: When poster opened the other thread lamenting how verbally abusive her man is, I read the utterances of both of them and asked "What the hook really is" in the relationship if the man was listing all kinds of weaknesses on the girl's part and the girl was listing the man's own.
Fastforward a year later and this couple are still listing weaknesses with things getting to a violent head.
Mr. Portharcourtboy in the other thread I told you that you are domineering and you are proving it again and again. Each time she opens a thread, you storm there and take over the thread from her insulting her with "she can't do this, she can't do that, my mum is not a lazy b*ttom a*s like her, She can' t cook food etc. The same person that can't boil rice last year haven't learnt a thing all these while and still can't boil rice today? It seems like you are being too fault finding, note that you did not grow up in the same home with her and the methods of cooking used in your different homes cannot be the same. If she can't cook it with the same measure of ingredients your mama use to cook that does not mean that she cannot cook please. All you need do is show her how much ingredients to mix up the way you like it and you don't have to insult her like that while showing her that.

How did you know that she opened this thread if you were not making checks on her too and you had to beat her like a worthless person because she couldn't resist the temptation of going through your phone. The same lady you make love to and say all the endearing words to. The woman that carried/gave birth to your child and you dared lift your hands to beat her. Mister your posts portray you as a man with a strong character who is faultfinding too. You are telling her that when she leaves that there are enough women around to take her place. What happens if another woman takes her place and runs again when the fire becomes too much for her? ----that is when everybody will realize that you have your weaknesses too. You need to calm down a bit for your wife. You are not perfect yet you are always listing the girl's fault. What you and your wife are doing right now is like assembling plenty people in the street and each of you narrating your side of your problems to them. You will get all kinds of advice for sure so it's better you both sit down, nip this problem for the last time and give peace & joy chances in your home.

I read that she broke your shoulder and broke your tablets too. We were not told what made her do these things not that she should get violent too. It is not good for a man and woman to live in violence because someday one may kill the other, you are even better off on your own without being exposed to violence than being yoked in it so if you want to remain married know that violence has no place in a loving marriage. Decide against it in your marriage, pray and work against it. Work at weaknesses that the other partner wants to be improved on and make each other happy. Please you guys must never hit each other again, we don't want to see another thread with shattering news. If you want to keep hitting yourselves better separate and stay alive. Each of you may come across people with cooler demeanor. I haven't seen a man and woman that are always nullifying each other out and are still glued like "You are the most terrible man/woman on earth but I am stuck on you". There seems to be a hook here, you can as well make whatever it is that binds you beautiful even with the teeming imperfections and weaknesses than living the rest of your lives being at each other's neck. There is no perfect husband or wife out there without an atom of weakness in them.

+ 100 likes! cool cool
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by extraflyfineboy(m): 1:53pm On Jul 23, 2013
Idowuogbo:

Ur mother is a she-goat

Ur sisters are Malus

u shld focus on the issue @ hand rather than acting childishly, this topic is serious, just like the one here http://umehoma.com
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by Idowuogbo(f): 1:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
extraflyfineboy:

u shld focus on the issue @ hand rather than acting childishly, this topic is serious, just like the one here http://umehoma.com
Lpmso! Young man, u dey use style market ya blog she? Don't worry... Wait for me! I'll visit ya blog dis time 2079. Arindin!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by stpat1(m): 1:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Pato, I site u o! Wey my IV? wink

yeye o, no be me naaa. na one extremely lucky guy o. U are invited o
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by Idowuogbo(f): 2:09pm On Jul 23, 2013
stpat1:

yeye o, no be me naaa. na one extremely lucky guy o. U are invited o
Lolz... U not serious! We'll talk lerra... smiley wink
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by eherbal(m): 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
extraflyfineboy: so sad, its a painful story but it does happen every where.
who will speak up? who will fight 4 them? its exactly the sort of story here http://umehoma.com
erm dude,you're overdoing it. angry
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by Goldenboy007(m): 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1368737/pregnant-woman-arrested-allegedly-killing/1#16978995

Hmmmmmmmm, Portharcourtboy said he suffered some injuries from the wife and all our advisers did was to waive it off, the above story is on Nairaland and it only has few comments even thought that involved death !!! Men are as endangered as women in a marriage !!! I advise all you female activists here should go and exercise your angry advice on that topic too and men go there and curse women as much as possible since that's what they do every time if men are involved.
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by Vires: 9:45pm On Jul 23, 2013
So Doctorazz and PHBoy you ppl still went ahead and married, after all your drama on your thread of last year!!!!!!!!!!

Most ppl adviced you, that you should walk away but you still went ahead

Pls the two of you deserve each other
Make una beat n kill yourselves
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by biolabee(m): 10:46pm On Jul 23, 2013
eastman11: God hates divorce, marriage is for better and for worse, learn to endure. Again stop thinking of moving out, a few slap here and there will not kill you, so many single ladies will prefer to be married with six hot slap every morning than to remain single. My final advice, don't divorce and stop complaining.

Troll alert!!,

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by Burger01(m): 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
How is she supposed to describe him? My wife? One man like that? How will you read the story if she said ONE MAN slaps me....
You really didn't get my flow. Never bother.

sad
Re: My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag by mizztee(f): 1:15am On Oct 01, 2013
I am sorry to say, but @Doctorazz, you are a very foolish woman. I have just read your thread from last year, and this man clearly had no iota of respect for you but you still went ahead to marry him. Your punishment has only just begun.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated / Who Owns The Breasts? Is It The Father, The Mother Or The Baby? / Check Out These Stunning Muslim Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.