Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? (11339 Views)

White Man Urinating In Public In Lagos (photos) / Lifeless Body Of An Elderly Man Along Airport Road Ikeja [photos] / Who Would You Stand For Among The Following People And Give Your Reasons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by tomzman: 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2013
Cool day to everyone!
I just want to have your opinion on this. For those of us who stay in places like Lagos, there are times when you see an old man or woman entering a bus especially BRT and there's no empty seat, which means..... standing things (lol). Do you always or would you give up your seat for such a person? Let's discuss and please be sincere.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Emmyk(m): 6:11pm On Jul 21, 2013
If he/she face looks cheerful. I might. By the way, I'm not in Lag. cheesy
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Chanchit: 7:29pm On Jul 21, 2013
I do it when the person is close to me inside the BRT, I can't call someone that is not standing beside me to come and sit down, cos I dnt like drawing attention to my self and to me it would look like eye service, as if I want people to knw that I jst stood up for an elderly person.
Even if the elderly person is not fine, I won't like it o, but I still have to stand up, so far he/she is standing beside me.

11 Likes

Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by tomzman: 8:04pm On Jul 21, 2013
Emmyk: If he/she face looks cheerful. I might. By the way, I'm not in Lag. cheesy
Thanks for your comment.
PS: This thread is open to everyone, not only to those who live in Lagos.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Sanboy25: 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2013
Of course, my parents taught me to show respect to the elderly... smiley

3 Likes

Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2013
Yes, if not the granny crew will be on your case. undecided tongue
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Sanboy25: 9:32pm On Jul 21, 2013
adaobi123: Yes, if not the granny crew will be on your case. undecided tongue
grin grin
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sanboy25:
grin grin

Hard times grin
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Emmyk(m): 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sanboy25: Of course, my parents taught me to show respect to the elderly... smiley

what if hot sh!t catch you? That kind dat you'll need to bang ur bumbum for chair constantly else it will come out... Will u still remember what what you were taught? cheesy
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Sanboy25: 9:56pm On Jul 21, 2013
Emmyk:

what if hot sh!t catch you? That kind dat you'll need to bang ur bumbum for chair constantly else it will come out... Will u still remember what what you were taught? cheesy
Haha, in that case I'll turn my head when I see the grandma grin grin
*prays that she'll never be in this kind of situation*

2 Likes

Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Emmyk(m): 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
Hot droppings kor, lowkey droppings ni... What I typed was Shii¡t cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by tomzman: 10:27am On Jul 22, 2013
Emmyk:

grin

Nice one guys! Keep the comments coming.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by UjSizzle(f): 10:47am On Jul 22, 2013
I haven't but i would.

I wish men stood up for me sad tongue
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Caracta(f): 10:57am On Jul 22, 2013
I've done that several times. I feel uncomfortable when I see them standing up while I sit pretty. Gosh! I can't stand it.

And for little children, I just let them sit on my laps or I adjust my sitting position to accommodate them. It's a great feeling.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by UjSizzle(f): 11:01am On Jul 22, 2013
Caracta: I've done that several times. I feel uncomfortable when I see them standing up while I sit pretty. Gosh! I can't stand it.

And for little children, I just let them sit on my laps or I adjust my sitting position to accommodate them. It's a great feeling.
Are u stalking me young lady
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by tomzman: 11:03am On Jul 22, 2013
Caracta: I've done that several times. I feel uncomfortable when I see them standing up while I sit pretty. Gosh! I can't stand it.

Aw! Thats nice.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Caracta(f): 11:05am On Jul 22, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Are u stalking me young lady

You lead me to pleasant places kiss
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by UjSizzle(f): 11:12am On Jul 22, 2013
Caracta:

You lead me to pleasant places kiss
lol as do you kiss
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by tomzman: 2:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
C'mon people, more comments!
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Freiburger(m): 6:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
Yes, coz i'll be old someday and i would expect someone to stand up for me.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Afam4eva(m): 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
I do that all the time. I was even given an award for it.

1 Like

Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
yup
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
Definitely! Stand up for them, open doors, whatever it takes for them to be more comfy or at ease.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by mikolo80: 8:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
HELL NO.THEY bleeped THE COUNTRY UP, TRANSPORT SYSTEM INCLUDED SO LET THEM STAND
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
Yes I do
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by mrking3(m): 8:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
Yea .. I do that with all pleasure!!! Not just old men and women, Pregnant ladies, physically challenged etc!!!! Especially on BRT BUS! I feel so much fulfilled when ever I do such!
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Egbagirl(f): 8:14pm On Jul 22, 2013
Most times I do but there are times when I'm lost in my own world that it doesn't really hit me that there's an elderly person standing and I should get up for them. But I def try to whenever I can.
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by damoskiy(m): 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2013
Most times I have to queue up to get a seat.i would never stand up oooo.i took my time and pain to queue up for the seat..
Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Caracta(f): 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2013
mikolo80: HELL NO.THEY bleeped THE COUNTRY UP, TRANSPORT SYSTEM INCLUDED SO LET THEM STAND

I read your comment and tears filled my eyes. I pray you live long. Funny enough, you posted this recently:

mikolo80: when WE start caring about each other

Nigerians need help.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by dplomaticVal: 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2013
There's nothing wrong wit it, infact I do oblige them whneva they crave my indulgence, bt whn im tired of standin I sit on their laps.

1 Like

Re: Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? by Afam4eva(m): 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2013
Caracta:

I read your comment and tears filled my eyes. I pray you live long. Funny enough, you posted this recently:

Nigerians need help.
You should know attention seekers when you see them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria / 11 World's Most Corrupt Police Forces / Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.